Thread: were can i find pink puffs????

Reno's my man! <3 Fire_Emblem776's Avatar

Default were can i find pink puffs????

I am up to lv 60 with cecil and all close. Im to zeromus were are they woth it?

In the lower part of "Lunar Subterrane B5", there is a room I have provided a screenshot of.

The odds of getting a group of Pinkpuffs are quite rare, however (something like 1/16000, or 1/64000)... I am too tired to search for the correct number in my hundreds of pages on FF4 data... I have posted a post nearly a year ago describing everything... I will reply in a couple of days with the actual odds...

Yes, in my opinion, walking in this small room for hours and hours is worth the trouble... You can get a PinkTail, which you can trade for the Adamant Armor... This armor is *worth* it...
    Zyrthofar's FF4 Hacking Zone

If you're playing the PSX version of FF4, you can use an alert item to summon some pink puffs, but even if you do fight and beat them, the chances of getting a pink tail is pretty slim. But when you do, it is indeed worth it.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

Blog Entries

What? You *can* get a PinkTail? You've gotta be kidding.
    Tell me that Pink Puffs, whatever the Hell they are, come in no less than groups of 4 and every one of them ALWAYS drops a PinkTail. I mean, 1/64000?!?!?!

Nothing is worth that.

actually, its more 1/16000... i'm still trying to find the numbers... :S...
    They come in groups of 5.
    You can check the pages I have made for the Pinkpuff

Zyrthofar's Pinkpuff page

Aaaaah... recalculated everything at last... here goes...
    I still haven't double-checked the odds of encountering the Pinkpuff groups (is my memory's good, that's 1/64 for getting the rarest enemy group) and one of them dropping a pink tail is 1/16384.

Each pinkpuff has 5% chances of dropping an item, and this item has 1/64 chances of being a pinktail. (that means 1/1280 chances of dropping a pinktail). There are 5 pinkpuffs, so 5/1280 = 1/256... the odds of getting the pinkpuff group is 1/64, x 1/256, giving an average of 16384 encounters in that small room in order to get a pinktail.

Hope you follow me...

Btw, the Adamant armor really, really is worth the trouble.
    Zyrthofar's Adamant Armor Page

You can think of this as levelling-up you can hope to leave the room with a pink tail at level 80+.
    Zyrthofar's FF4 Hacking Zone