Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Anti-EoFF Party. JOIN NOW!

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    Oh, you might have had something good going there until you started catering to the "people who insult a good friend of the forumgoers right after she died" demographic. So, uh, no.
    I'm inclined to agree with this man.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Lindy
    This party isn't so much anti-eoff, but brutal, complete, common-sensical honesty.
    That's anti-EoFF talk though, dude.
    That's really my hair.

"Faris, Calvin; you don't seem to understand! This is not a thread about homosexuality! Girls can love Barret! Guys can love Barret! It's not gay! Barret's love is beyond any form of gay-ness. It is transcendent; like the sun and moon and stars! It's like loving God! Would you say a boy who loves God is gay? That's what I thought!

So please, don't fight. Just spead the love! And the Barret sexyness. RAWR! =D~"

- Linxiaotuzi

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo
    Just because you weren't mature enough at thirteen to feel emotional romantic attatchments, you shouldn't dismiss others' feelings so quickly ^_^
    Three words for you : Not. Biologically. Mature.

Quote Originally Posted by James Latimer Cockney Rebel
    That's anti-EoFF talk though, dude.
    Yeah, common-sense and brutal honesty really aren't EoFF things, people seem to be averse to it like it's some kind of disease.

And I stand with Bonnie, as I always have, on the "death" front.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Three words for you : Not. Biologically. Mature.
    Please do explain. ^_^;

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

At the around age of 13, you hit puberty, well earlier for girls, a little later for boys.

Hormones, swimming around in your body, causing pretty massive changes. The whole concept of attraction is determined by hormones and such anyway, so what happens when growth, sex and other hormones all interact? Uh-oh, big problems.

Also, certain regions of the brain aren't full formed in pre-pubescents, so there's an inability to fully comprehend thoughts related to "love", and it's just a crush, or a simple idea of hormones taking over being misinterpreted as love.

Explained enough for you?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

No, not really.

I think you underestimate thirteen year olds Some may not be able to comprehend thoughts related to love as you say (I wouldn't know, I wasn't one of them ^_^), but from my experience, a good number of them can. Age isn't really a good generalization for things like that. Six year olds have crushes; I'm sure many people will attest to having a crush in first grade. Many kids are still growing/going through puberty at the age of seventeen (I know guys a lot older than thirteen whose voices have not yet developed). I really don't see what the "big problems" that you claim are.

Love isn't so big a mystery as some make them out to be -- anyone can love, whether it is love for their family, their friends, or their significant other. People define their own love. Who are you to say whether or not their love is the "real" love? Who are you to tell an upset thirteen year old that their problem isn't real because they can't fully "understand" love, based only upon their age? That's not brutal honesty, that's called disregard of others through ignorance and generalization.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Hah, the only ignorance is that of the person with their so-called "problem", if you sugar-coat things, make it sound better so you don't hurt them, they'll only be hurt more when they find out things for real.

And age IS a good generalisation for these things, like I said, at that age they're not biologically mature.

Emotional maturity comes with, you guessed it, AGE.

It is brutal honesty, because it's the truth and it hurts, and if that isn't brutal honesty then I don't know what the hell is.

I KNOW what "love" at a young age can do anyway, I take the example of some relatives of mine, they found each other at an early age, and the woman had decided that she was in "love" with the boy, and he didn't know any better so went along with it. Fifteen or so years later, they're married, have kids, the man doesn't know any better than his wife, he's never experienced anyone other than her, and I could actually describe him as pretty emotionally underdeveloped.

A few months ago, they broke up, the woman had grown tired of her husband, and he'd grown tired of her. He's moved on, met other people, had a number of relationships and above all had FUN, and he's grown up more in those few months than he had in all those years.

And why was he so underdeveloped? Because he'd confused love with lust at a young age, and never know any better. He admitted that himself, and now he's in a happy relationship with someone who he IS in love with, not someone he was with because he simply believed what he'd been told.

If someone had told him at a younger age about what he was feeling, and how wrong he might be, his life may have turned out a lot better, he may have found happiness long before he did.

THAT is what a lack of brutal honesty can do to a person.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Have you ever been in love?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Loved, lost, blah blah blah.

The reason why I can and do say these things is because I WAS a stupid idiot who believed in love at a young age (about 15~16, I think), but a sweet dose of brutal honesty snapped me out of it, and now I AM in love, and I'm happy about it, and I know I couldn't fall for any kind of fake "love" again BECAUSE I know how that felt and so on.

That and the fact that it never made me happy and always made me worry, but now I am happy.

It has to get worse before it gets better, and it has to break before you can fix it.

P.S. : Is this enough thread-hijacking to qualify for true "Anti-Eoffship", or is there not enough swearing?

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

P.S. : Is this enough thread-hijacking to qualify for true "Anti-Eoffship", or is there not enough swearing?
    Haha, yeah. But then again, no one has been banned in this thread yet, either.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hehee sorry Del xD ...But it does go with their theme of going off topic O=)

Lindy, I'm glad you found your love ^^ And I agree that experience does help. However I do believe that I found something special at the age of thirteen. We're not together anymore and I am with someone else who I dearly love, but I'm not going to dismiss my past experience as a crush. I did have experiences before that, though, where I thought I liked someone and it turns out that I did not.

Anyway I don't even know why we're discussing this at all

Ummm. Back on topic! Maybe. *shifty eyes*

What is your stance on pink fluffy things?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Excellent. See why we need to keep the party forming process open? I'm glad to see my ex-wife taking a leading role!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

....What are you talking about eest? xD Who's your ex-wife?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Mmm... anti-conformity. Almost as appetizing as conformity.