Thread: Prediction for FFIII's new logo

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Default Prediction for FFIII's new logo

Because of the discussion in the Favorite Logo thread, I got to thinking about what the new logo for FFIII might look like. Based on what was used for the new FFI and II logos, I made a conjecture and threw something together in photoshop in about 5 minutes. It's not intended to look like the real thing, just an idea of what Squenix might do. I'm curious to hear what others think of this and if they think Squenix might opt for something different.

Note: THIS IS NOT THE OFFICIAL LOGO! I am not leaking any real images here, just giving a visual representation of my prediction for the logo for FFIII which has yet to be unveiled. I am NOT claiming that this is official in any way. If any of you guys post this and say it's official, you're either foolish, or malicious. Feel free to do so though, I don't really care. Use this wherever you like.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by DJZen; 02-14-2005 at 02:00 AM.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I'd say either that or the Dorga artwork would be most appropriate for the logo.

Possibly Zande or Dark Cloud (even though she isn't revealed until the last like 45 minutes of the game).

What is that Amano image of? I can't really tell.
    Sigless

An Onion Knight.

Seriously though, maybe Zande or something. Not to sure.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Whatever's central to theme, so possibly a crystal (used to death so far), or Zande or one of the characters. Yknow, nothing unexpected basically.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I was about to say that the Zande art doesn't really lend itself to being in the logo, but I just remembered that there are two and one of them really would work pretty well.

Well I'm not as happy with the results with these, but here they are. Amano used a LOT more black in Dorga and Zande's pictures than he usually does, so it came out not looking quite as nice. Also, I'm not sure if this is the "better" Zande pic, but it's the only one I could find of him at all. I had to dodge it so much that I think it kind of killed too much detail, you can barely tell what it's supposed to be, but I'm no professional, and again these are just quick ideas. What do you guys think?

P.S. I used that particular image in the first logo because it's what's on the box, and the revised logos for FFI and FFII both used the Amano box art for their basis, so I was just following suit, but I agree that Dorga or Zande would also be suitable. I couldn't find any art for Dark Cloud though
    Attached Images Attached Images

That first one just OWNS.
    And I don't think they should use Zande because he's a dead ringer for Sigma from MegaMan X.

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn
    That first one just OWNS.
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by commodorejohn
    And I don't think they should use Zande because he's a dead ringer for Sigma from MegaMan X.
    Oh?

Hmmmm.....

i don't see sigma....

when i see that sprite of zande, i think i should start singing....

"you ain't never had a friend like me..."
    nihowma buffet? $4.65 please!

i have a Yoshitaka amano "dawn" art book for sale, only damage to it is on the corners, and that's from the convention i originally got it from. PM me if you're interested, and feel free to make an offer. i'm flexible. also mail me at lord_skeletor_1983@yahoo.com

thanks!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Yeah, that's the better Zande picture. I think the Dorga one works best.

And yes, Zande looks nothing like Sigma.

I'm partial to the first one, personally, just 'cause it's a lot lighter than the others. I just think it works better as a logo. I like Zande's the least, but it would be interesting if it was traced instead of just filtered orange.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

I guess I'd just like the subject of the logo to be an actual character instead of a hero-type placeholder like in FFI's logo.

Definitely understandable. The FFIV logo strikes me as particularly poignant because of what happens to Kain during the story. Meanwhile FFI's seems to be more "hey, he's got a sword! AWESOME!" which is appropriate for FFI considering your party never even got dialogue, but as the series evolved it began to take on a new face. FFIII was more a return to FFI so perhaps generic hero to illustrate genre isn't such a bad thing, but I really do see where you're coming from.