Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Whatever happened to the tornado (cyclone, whatever)?

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

It's stated in the game that he sold his soul to the Devil.

Blood Swords

About the Blood swords... I have heard about those but I have never seen them! Help me with that please! The Hell Emperor was indeed really nasty, I thought that it was suppossed to be that hard! Does it make it much easier? I kept on casting Flare and Ultima, while the others kept feeding ethers and life for everybody for a loooong time, praying him not to normal attack me. I would really like to play the game again, but this time I want those swords. Tell me please!

Well, I think one of 'em is hidden in Pauls secret stash, the one you get access to sometime after you've (SPOILER)retaken Finn (or Phynn, depending on translation) I don't remember when, exactly. The rest of them, I dunno.
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

Quote Originally Posted by Fredde
    He's not? Let's see... (SPOILER)later on he returns from death, from hell itself, it seems. I don't think any regular sinner would be able to do that. The emperor must have "special connections", to say the least. It's not impossible for him to be a demon of some sort himself, probably very powerful seeing as how he even (SPOILER)has Belzeebub (or, in the original, Satan) as one of his henchmen, not to mention all those other powerfull dudes. And he even (SPOILER)gets his own hell-castle! If he isn't from hell to start with, he's got to have some pretty funky magic.
    Yeah, that is what I mean. When you enter the Cyclone he isn't from Hell yet. But what exactly happened in Hell? Did he make a contract with Beezlebub or so?

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Default Wakarimasen....

Thanks for that, but I dont remember were Paul's secret stash is... kupo...

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Talk to Paul immediately before taking off for the Whirlwind. He'll tell you how to get to his stuff. The other Blood Sword is under Castle Fynn, on the way to getting the White Mask, although it was taken out in the GBA version.

Default The Lord of Whimps Kupo

Oh, great!! guess what (SPOILER FOR SoR!!!! CAREFUL!!! KUPPPOOOO!!!) The whip emperor is also the Lord of Heavens (Arubboth)!!! You can become such a pimp just for selling your soul? Everybody should try it then! I want my Firion to sell his soul so I get a cool sprite and cool spells without needing to level up for hours!!!

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

I remember when I once tried to beat him without bloodswords. I got killed and it costed all my Phoenix Downs. And I still lost.
    Yeah, I tried that too. Phoenix Downs, Elixers, Ethers, Flare 10, Ultima 11, Cure 13, AND I STILL LOST!!! Few things are worse than withstanding all his magic attacks, while doing steady damage for ten turns, then getting nailed by that Life-Drain ability of his. For 5000 hp. And the target only has 1000 left.
    Oh, great!! guess what (SPOILER FOR SoR!!!! CAREFUL!!! KUPPPOOOO!!!) The whip emperor is also the Lord of Heavens (Arubboth)!!! You can become such a pimp just for selling your soul? Everybody should try it then! I want my Firion to sell his soul so I get a cool sprite and cool spells without needing to level up for hours!!!
    Am I the only one who sees a problem with being Lord of Heaven and Hell? Talk about a conflict of interest...

Default Sooo many kupo problems?

Quote:
    Yeah, I tried that too. Phoenix Downs, Elixers, Ethers, Flare 10, Ultima 11, Cure 13, AND I STILL LOST!!! Few things are worse than withstanding all his magic attacks, while doing steady damage for ten turns, then getting nailed by that Life-Drain ability of his. For 5000 hp. And the target only has 1000 left.

Ok, so the pimpy whimpy emperor is difficult, but I think that you might be exagerating! With all the things that you list it should be a cleat overkill! I beated this game with way less than that (my flare and ultima were both just lv. 9 and I never used ethers, elixirs or any items or blood sword. I do not state this for showing off, it is just a fact) It did take me three chances, but that was enough. What equippement do you have? Some things that I found useful to do were, for example, to have one of my characters only casting life for everybody at once every turn, even if everybody was alive (in case killed during that turn).

Quote Originally Posted by Flashback007
    Yeah, that is what I mean. When you enter the Cyclone he isn't from Hell yet. But what exactly happened in Hell? Did he make a contract with Beezlebub or so?
    Well, that's why I think he's from hell even before the whole (SPOILER)resurrection thing. Maybe he was a big, powerfull demon (perhaps the Devil himself?) that came from hell, (SPOILER)got killed and then resurrected from hell again.. And the only way to really stop him would be to take him on on in his own place (SPOILER)(Pandemonium, wich is said to be a part of hell).
    "Take care, Ho!"
    - Dwarf from FFIV

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

With all the things that you list it should be a cleat overkill!
    Should have been. Wasn't. Partly because Ultima sucks, partly because I got hit by his physical attack every other turn. I hate Life-Drain. I did beat the Emperor on SoR without the Blood Sword, and that form has alot more HP, so I know it can be done. (Though I was helped by the general lack of normal attacks.I got lucky. )

Default Lucky kupo

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara
    Should have been. Wasn't. Partly because Ultima sucks, partly because I got hit by his physical attack every other turn. I hate Life-Drain. I did beat the Emperor on SoR without the Blood Sword, and that form has alot more HP, so I know it can be done. (Though I was helped by the general lack of normal attacks.I got lucky. )

And I think that luck is a big part on winning. I mean, that stupid emperor would be impossible to beat if he would only attack normally with his nasty life drain. Its a good thing that he is so dumb. About Ultima being a piece of cr*p, check the thread called Ultimate Magic?

The difficulty level of fighting the Emperor (without Blood Swords) is largely statistical. If your stats are maxed out, he's obviously not that challenging. If the numbers are lacking, then he becomes more difficult.