Thread: Teen Titans a... rip off?!?!

Default Teen Titans a... rip off?!?!

Okay so most of you have probably seen the teen titans Tv show on Cartoon Network. I really like it. Although some dont consider it true Anime, some others do.(my keen sense for the obvious) I really like it, and I think its a great revivial of an old classic. However, one of my school-mates recently said "I dont have a like for cheap anime", and I was like- WHAT?! I mean you look at some of the other crap that some networks are airing- Dragon booster, Static Shock, Rave master, New Digimon crap, even some new PokeMon which was cool for a while. Then they have the nerve to make Atomic Betty and Duck Dodgers. Somebody shoot me. Is it just me, or is Teen Titans the only decent tv show on cartoon network? *and I mean CN for kids and not Adult Swim, which is technichally a part of CN*
    Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

You never got to the part about if it being a rip off or not, and what it has to do with anime at all.

Articles

Who cares? I still like it.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think it's well done. Not traditional style or whatever Otaku wannabe purists like, but Megan likes it, which makes it supercool.

And I believe he meant ripoff as in people feel dissapointed in it. I don't like those people, though ;D

Signature by rubah. I think.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

nah, it's something new and interesting. I give it a watch when i can, it's a nice fresh take on the superhero thing. little teen angst for the teeny boppers, and a little action for the kiddys. it's a good formula. you want to see shameless ripoffs? "Loonatics". Just search that one around, it's a new one from the WB. you'll cry, i swear. poor bugs...

It's a pretty solid hybrid of anime, and the comic-book style cartooning that birthed the characters in the first place. I personally prefer the American comic styles, but I'm just weird like that, it seems. I can draw both, and the later is a LOT harder. Anime is lazy people drawings.
    Whore since '04. Selling my skills as an artist and writer.

http://www.freewebs.com/acalhoun/

I liked Duck Dodgers

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

it's a nice twist to the cn line-up.. doesnt really have much of a story (w/c i do think is impt with any animation) but i like how the show subtley implies that japanese influence has definitely seeped in mainstream american animation (mainly wb or cartoon network)

J-pop ~ SweetS | Love Like Candy Floss <3