Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm so pissed!

There are people around my lvl that dont know what to do either and are just clueless even at this high lvl even though its not as common at this lvl because most learn. If its not a matter of game experience they why say you are lvl 30 as to prove something? @_@;

Its a matter of a person not realising they are doing something bigger than themselves when they are in a PT.
    I dont understand what you are saying, that they think of themselves and not the PT?

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Levels mean next to nothing. There's plenty of idiots who will simply float by. I've seen a L30 WAR with a L1 MNK sub. I see people with horrible sub choices who aren't doing a different sub because they want to be different, they're a WAR subbing WHM because they think it'll make them like a PLD. There are idiots no matter what level you're at. People can float by pretty well even if they're half-assing it. Heck, gaming experience doesn't even mean much. You can have hundreds of gameplay hours under your belt and still be a complete and total idiot.

As far as bad parties, damn man, you're in Valkurm. What are you expecting?

is Bard subbing Thief a horrible move?

Quote Originally Posted by lordblazer
    is Bard subbing Thief a horrible move?
    You should know, after all, you are the big bad FFXI player with all the experience you need.

Ok I wasn't saying I was the high and mighty experienced veteran.I never said that.I said by the time you level up to 30.Thats more than enough to know what your job does and what someone elses does.When your in valkrum dunes.Because by then you learn that everyones actions in a PT affects you directly and indirectly.That means basicly players teach each other how to play through action.As you get higher levels yeah things change a lot.So does the role of ones job.but omecle you wanna be a smartass go ahead.

I said by the time you level up to 30.Thats more than enough to know what your job does and what someone elses does.When your in valkrum dunes.Because by then you learn that everyones actions in a PT affects you directly and indirectly.That means basicly players teach each other how to play through action.
    So then, you haven't learnt what a good subjob for a Bard is, because?

yeah i tend to not argue with idiots such as yourself.

yeah i tend to not argue with idiots such as yourself.
    Well, I guess if that's how you want to deal with things. I was seriously just wondering why, if you claimed to have all this experience and knowledge about other classes by level 30, you wouldn't know about a good subjob for a Bard.

But I guess you'd rather just flame me.
    Last edited by Rostum; 02-23-2005 at 04:58 AM.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hey guys...
    KNOCK IT OFF!!!

There, my first-ever post in the FFXI forum. What a way to start.

Well to be honest lordblazer i really thought you knew judging from your posts that BRD/WHM is the most optimal sub and you were doing /THF for your own thing. Its not that surprising that Omecle thought that way, the tone and manner of the posts seem to indicate you did, but in case you didnt YES /WHM is the most optimal sub for a BRD.

Well at lvl 30 there are still people clueless...lvl 30 is just the big drop off where MOST players do have a sense in what to do. Its just the lvl where the n00bness starts to drop off the most although even at my lvl theres newbs too...and i am 57 so lvl usually doesnt mean too much. Yes higher lvls and rank and gameplay...etc USUALLY means its better...but not always..

Valkurm being the place where you first party...well duh "stupid" things will happen...and sometimes its not their fault, they just dont know...and certainetly will never know should someone yell in their faces they suck and to provoke/heal/etc.

I hope you got my point...these things just....well happen. We can either deal with it or just let it bother us.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually, RDM isn't a bad sub for bard, either, especially if you melee. Enspells make your damage less pathetic (with sword, dagger, or Shellbuster, don't even bother with a Signa/elemental staff), and Fast Cast is godly later on (For some reason, it seems to make 0 difference in the 30s)...Problem is, you give up Poisona. I sub whm *exclusively* for poisona. (That, and my rdm's only 22, and I'd rather level bard some more than work on a subjob)

EDIT: On the other hand, if I could count on Poisona not being needed, I'd level rdm for Fast Cast. 6 seconds instead of 8 may not *seem* like much on a bard song, but when the party's waiting for Finale so that they do more than 0 dmg on a crab...

RDM isnt bad but WHM is a much more preferred one. I mean you learn CureII at lvl 22 for WHM sub, yet as a RDM its freaking lvl 28...and that sorta hurts. Not to mention Paralyna and Poisona(which you said). Also there are Bar-spells in which you might want when fighting gobs and you arent always going to get a WHM. WHM also offers more MP to the MP-less BRD. I am sure just 2 seconds isnt going to kill anyone on the Finale...

Also, Dispel is at lvl 66 is it not? Either that or 64, but its a trade off. Do you want Dispel? or Erase? Depends on the situation i guess.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    RDM isnt bad but WHM is a much more preferred one. I mean you learn CureII at lvl 22 for WHM sub, yet as a RDM its freaking lvl 28...and that sorta hurts. Not to mention Paralyna and Poisona(which you said). Also there are Bar-spells in which you might want when fighting gobs and you arent always going to get a WHM. WHM also offers more MP to the MP-less BRD. I am sure just 2 seconds isnt going to kill anyone on the Finale...

Also, Dispel is at lvl 66 is it not? Either that or 64, but its a trade off. Do you want Dispel? or Erase? Depends on the situation i guess.
    I lov ehte rrefresh that RDM offers.Subbing Thief I mainly use whenever im NM hunting or doing other events that involved getting items using TH.

Unfortunetly subbing RDM wont give you Refresh...

i thought you used /THF for main? @_@

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why would a Bard need Dispel when we have Finale?

And yes, Lionx is right...you wouldn't get Refresh from rdm sub, unless S-E raises the level cap to 85. Besides, that's what double Ballad is for.