Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123456781222 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle Heads! (election candidates)

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

Here we go with another round. Our forum selection will be the Final Fantasy: Tactics Advance forum. Since I have never played this game, I asked for some assistance from our ever-helpful candidates (of which there are only three):

I have no idea what happens in this game. Tell me about the plot without including any spoilers. Feel free to embellish the plot to make it more interesting.
    Azar (representing the BAotW party):
    It all started with a book…
    What do you normally do when a new kid moves into town? Why, start a turn-based snowball fight, of course! Vicious children pummel each other with balls of snow to begin the magically addictive game that is Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Young hero Marche seems an ordinary boy, in an ordinary town. There are vicious children, as we’ve previously established—a cold young girl who dies her hair red—and another friend, whose alcoholic father and dead mother have left in a fairly depressed mood. Along with Marche’s wheelchair bound younger brother, the group quickly gets into loads of trouble, as a magic book transports them straight into hell itself, and they spend weeks running from satan in a desperate attempt to survive. I mean...into the magical world of Ivalice, filled with a variety of races, ranging from the lizard like Bangaa to the semi-cuddly (those ears! Eww!) moogles. The friends are separated, and Marche teams up with a moogle pal to pimp up Ivalice. Sadly, he isn’t able to live with the false reality for long. He soon wants to go back—even though the real world is so much tougher. (HINT HINT! Life lesson, boys and girls!) Thus begins the quest to return to the dismally boring and dull real world. Nothing—not the aggressively strict judges (who rule over turn-based combat like it’s a football game)—or a now pampered and deeply disturbed child (seriously, he eats people. And dogs. Freaky.)—can stop Marche in his quest for world domination. Wait, what were we talking about again? Die Hard 2? Did I mention Bruce Willis was in FFTA? I swear to god he was. Anyway. The famous Cid makes his appearance as Mewt’s father (that’s the insane kid) and, in Ivalice, is the head judgemaster. In his home town he’s just a worthless drunk. Quite the shift, if you ask me. Okay, to be honest, Tactics Advance isn’t story heavy. The story is just an excuse to kill people, over and over and over again, and to raise your stats. Want a ninja? How about a ninja…combined with a Paladin! *Gasp!* How risqué! What will Squeenix think of next, I wonder. Next installment—FF Tactics: Third Strike—Final Fantasy characters enter races to eat as many oranges as possible within a 17.435 second time limit! (If you haven’t figured it out yet, Marche’s quest is just an excuse for a fun romp through tactical battles.) The End! Yayness.

Heath (representing the #eoff party):
    Remember those days when you played computer games with you friends, arguing over who won that last game, and saying how fun it would be if it were all real? Well in FFTA, it happens, and you fight for more reasons than because it's more interesting than maths homework.

Alone in this new world, the main character does what anyone would do in this situation. Grab a sword and start fighting to earn some cash! Hoping to meet up with your friends (probably by slashing people with your sword, because it's more fun than handing out leaflets), you travel through the world of Ivalice, where your whole world has been turned upside down.

Yeah, there's some stuff about fire breathing dragons (ones other than maths teachers), those silly magical things and class changing, but who cares when you can go about slashing people completely at random in a completely illogical way to gain cash? Wow, I think I just made the game sound like GTA with a sword. That'd be pretty nifty, but sadly, FFTA lacks the complete random attacking of innocents and cars. For shame.

You can end up in jail and that's always a laugh.

bardock (representing the Ace party):
    • A young boy named Marche moves to the country town of St. Ivalice.
    • Marche makes 2 friends, who help him with his move and adjusting.
    • They find a book and the town changes and will possibly never be the same.
    • Marche meets a moogle who helps him find hiw way around the changed town.
    • One of Marches friends is shy and when the world changes he doesn’t know if its for better or for worse.
    • Marches other friend is very outspoken and when the world changes she is nowhere to be found.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You should be ashamed, you just made krissy explode

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Well at least he already sent in his entry.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, that's all he was good for anyway. Now can you please tell me if you're male or female? I've been wondering for ages!

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

death to smoochy

YAY! WOOHOO, way ter go, balckmageboi! That was great!
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yay for the answers! I can't wait to see more. And good job with the cool sprites, Faris.

Go BAoTW

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

And frunk rules too!
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

xDDD I've seen Heath bars in stores.

That looks like something I'd see in Homestarrunner.

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    xDDD I've seen Heath bars in stores.
    but do you tell them to shut up? ^_^

EDIT: so this isn't completely a "spam" post (although I prefer to think of it as a tangent), I say yay Faris

EDIT2: also yay Azar!

I really hope the AC forum answers are put up soon. I wanna see what everyone wrote!

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think BoB's image gives all the proof needed to show that voting for me saves lives.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Or that you destroy lives and voting for whatever party you're in will cause mass destruction like shown

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr