Page 6 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121626 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle Heads! (election candidates)

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

yea, SHlup PMed me to ask what party she was even a member of.

as if she could ever forget pink.

Go, His Holiness, the great Unne, and all his worthy acolytes. Praise Hey Seues, hallo oooooooo ya....

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

Ok, here comes Site Staff. This forum had a serious lack of candidates, but I think everyone else was scared away by the imposing figures these two.

Here's their task. I hope this one is helpful since Site Staff are here to help!

Find one bug or inconsistency on the front site, provide a link to the page, describe the problem, and how you would fix it.
    Rainecloud (representing the BAotW party):
    Ahem. *clears throat*

After many hours of meticulous study, I have come to the conclusion that something is seriously wrong with EoFF's frontsite. And, if I were to win your vote in these grand elections, I would change that. So, good people of EoFF, I ask you - where is the copyright?! Look up and down the page. Do you see a copyright symbol? The answer is: No, you do not! And why not? Because there's obviously some sort of conspiracy going on here. Someone who is a member of EoFF's Site Staff has deliberately sabotaged the front page and has removed the incredibly important and somewhat sacred © sign!

This can not and will not be tolerated. If someone - let's say a "hacker" or a "thief" - were to copy this page and re-upload it somewhere else, claiming it to be their work, we could do nothing about it. The site's importance would be diluted, and the forums would eventually implode! Trust me, that's exactly what would happen. I've seen it before. Do you want this to happen, my dear Friends? No, I thought not. Vote for me as your Site Staff Leader ... nay - vote for me as your friend and I will put an end to this problem by inserting the sacred © symbol back onto our most holy frontsite.

By doing this, I hereby guarantee that as long as I am in power, you'll be able to browse Eyes on Final Fantasy without worry, without fear and without heartache - with any browser. Even Internet Explorer! Once I am in power, I will continue to monitor the frontsite and all the corresponding links so that you will never again see a 404 error on these hallowed pages. Ever.

Thank you for your time and attention, good citizens.

Loony BoB (representing the #eoff party):
    Find one bug or inconsistency on the front site, provide a link to the page, describe the problem, and how you would fix it.

It is notable that I fully encourage members to listen to the Jurassic Park theme song while reading this response. If you do not have the Jurassic Park theme song available, it can be found here

The below problem is found on the index page of the frontsite - http://www.eyesonff.com/index.shtml

At the bottom of the index page is a link. This link reads "View all news items" and links to the following url: http://www.eyesonff.com/newspro/viewnews.cgi?newsall

By clicking on this link, one is lead to an Internal Server Error. Clearly, this is a problem. First of all, I would note to myself that this error did not always exist - I have often gone through the news items by using the link at the bottom of the site. I'm fairly sure that the url was different, too - time to investigate! I would then open up the directory /newspro/ to look at what files there are. Clicking through the various pages in the directory, I would find this url: http://www.eyesonff.com/newspro/archive.shtml

It seems the incorrect url has been used for linking to the News Archive. This would have to be corrected by adjusting the coding of the index page. To do this, I would download the page via FTP Wanderer and use CuteHTML to open it. I would then take advantage of CuteHTML's replace feature, and search for all instances of this incorrect url and replace all instances of said url with the correct url. Once this has been done, I would save the page and upload it, overwriting the old and now redundant index.shtml page. This problem would then be resolved.

Alternatively, in the remote possibility that I would be running for the Site Staff forum at the time that I found this error and also should Election Booth had sent me a PM asking me find one bug or inconsistency on the front site, provide a link to the page, describe the problem and how I would fix it, then I would just leave the problem there. If I was to do the above and resolve the problem, this would mean that the problem no longer exists and my response to Election Booth's PM would no longer include a link to a problem. This would make my response to Election Booth unacceptable and that would just not be good enough.

I would instead reply with the words you are reading right now, and then go into the chatroom and randomly voice one of the people who were idling there. I'd then try to spark up a conversation by using my traditional call, "doop doop", which translates from BoBBish to English as "I'm bored and would not mind chatting to someone, so if you are here and wish to chat, please type something - anything - and I will chat with you." In response, Farah (aka clout, cl_out, Arche, crono_logical or whatever else you would like to call him) would give me half-op status (which would be rather redundant, given that I'm already an op of #eoff) and Cbc would ask the question "pop?" to which I would say "That too!"

I would also randomly look at the chat stats page, found at http://www.eyesonff.com/chat/stats/eoff.html. Whilst looking at this page, I would notice that my random quote was "And remember, foaffles." This was clearly part of a discussion between fire_of_avalon and I, as she uses the nickname foa on #eoff and I call her foaffles, due to the way that I say foa being "Fo-wah" and the fact that when I say the "wah" part of that nickname, I think of "waffles". This could only lead to one nickname - foaffles. This made me think that even more people should chat in #eoff because then I can give them nicknames, much like those nicknames I have created for people in the past, including but not limited to: Rye (for the member formerly known as RikkuYuna89), Skwowwy (Squally Leonharty), pr00t (Agent Proto) and Mr. Smiles (Kossage).

I would then remember to send this PM. :goomba:

It's notable that my fellow candidate is very good at making fancy images and stuff like that, however I'm quite simply incompetent when it comes to fancy images - luckily that's not my job. However, in the possibility that people will be voting purely on pictures, I figured I would attach the following propoganda which is clearly superior...

Tsk, not a looker in the bunch. Erm, I mean Unne.

teh winner is BooB! ph33r #eoff

I wanna be a site staff when I grow up.

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

Quote Originally Posted by Election Booth
    The worst is the Chrono Tirgger/Cross forum, where NONE of the four candidates have sent anything in.
    No results just yet. Kinda hard to find what i'm looking for.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Go Pink Party! Strider's answer is obviously the most informative.

As for Site Staff, I actually only read the first few sentences of each answer but BoB wins cause Sinfest is many shades of awesome.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

The tasks for my forum were grossly unfair and weighted in my advantage. I highly encourage people not to vote for me.

Since when does someone listen to a candidate? Just keep being pretty.

Bigger is not always better. -nods-

Can we expect anymore tonight, EB or are we doing just two or three a day?
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

I'd do more if I had more to post...I might possibly put up one more, maybe, although I would be posting without all answers back.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

BoB will win because I am mentioned.

Signature by rubah. I think.

He will win because that image makes me giggle.

Yesh! Striders was so obviously the best...!!! (Did I miss an apostrophe back there?)

Reading all this good stuff makes me go insane(r). I was just nuts when I wrote my answer. Just nuts. *sticks head into ground* I'm nooot hereeee~!
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D