Page 1 of 35 12345671121 ... LastLast

Thread: Muscle Heads! (election candidates)

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

Default Muscle Heads! (election candidates)

Here we shall see where our esteemed political candidates stand on the issues that matter most to eoff! tests of knowledge and creative skill shall be on display first.

Let's start with a fairly straightforward question for the candidates vying to represent my favorite forum, Final Fantasy V:

The question:

Name you 5 favorite jobs and describe what makes each of them powerful and fun.
    Faris (representing the BAotW party):

Name you 5 favorite jobs and describe what makes each of them powerful and fun:

Monk
    They can punch you hard and twice! Their kick can damage all the enemies.

Samurai
    Toss money, high agility, swords, good attacks, swords.

Summoner
    They can summon huge uhh… summons! And they can poke an eye out with their horn

White mage
    Well, they can heal you and still look good

Dancer!
    Awww! Common! You gotta LOVE the SHORT SHORTS!

frunk (representing the #eoff party):
    Five favorite jobs, eh?
    Knight: because swords are fun.
    Blackmage: because the black arts are fun.
    Beserker: beserkers remind me of me as a kid, running around with an axe, attacking random objects. ahh memories.
    Ninja: ITS A FREAKING NINJA! PH33R T3H L33T N1NJ4!
    Geomancer: The geomancer has a bobble thing on her hat. what more could i ask for?

vote for me and you will recieve CANDY!

Blackmageboi (representing the Fluffy Pink party):
    Blackmage:my personal favourite the best long range support possible very useful as most enimys and bosses have some form of magical weakness.
    Misticknight:They are a great substitute for fighter s as thhey do the same damage and can charge thier weapons with magic.
    Monks:They attack twice, they also have usefull techniques such as build up give more power to the user and thier ability fight barehanded saves money.
    Knight: The all round fighter who can use most weapons to slay his oponents their abilitys such as bothhand allow him to do more damage or cover to make him take damage for other charachters make them good offensivly and defensivly.
    Bluemage: Why not? they have an ok attack and can use monster abilitys that i found extremly useful and i found tends to be the last one standing in the battles i have no hope of winning.

DocFrance (representing the Unne Avatar party):
    Simple question. My fifth favorite class is the Sorceror. The Magic Sword skill is unbelievably powerful when used correctly - it's basically like using a physical and a magical attack in the same turn. With a decent sword and a mastered Sorceror class, Flare Sword or Holy Sword can reak some serious havoc. Did I mention that a level 3 elemental sword (Firaga Sword, Blizzaga Sword, Thundaga Sword), when used against a monster that is weak to that element, counts as an insta-kill?

The other four of my favorite classes are all intertwined into making the most powerful class/ability combination possible. This combo, which many of you have probably heard of before, I have dubbed the Sublimely Magnificent Quinta-Bahamut Shot Mark III. The four classes which are essential to this combo are:
    -Red Mage: mastered for !W-Magic
    -Summoner: for !Summon5 (to cast Bahamut)
    -Time Mage: mastered for !Time6 (to cast Quick)
    -Mime: needed for three free ability slots.

Basically, you slap these three abilities on your Mime character. In battle, you select !W-Magic, and cast Bahamut followed by Quick. On each of the subsequent free turns provided by Quick, you use !W-Magic to cast Bahamut twice. This will allow you to summon Bahamut five times in one turn! Having two characters with this setup will make any boss (except Omega and Shinryu) a peice of cake.

ShivaBlizzard8 (representing the Ace party):
    Everybody knows that one of the reasons why FF5 just owns is its rockin' job system. Obviously each has its benifits, so picking favorite job classes was a little tricky, but here are my top five: (*insert Paul Shaffer drumroll here*)

5. Monk.

The Monk job class is love at first sight in FF5. He's got the highest MP, you don't need to buy him weapons or even a lot of armor, and he doesn't waste MP and Gil on spells like those sketchy mages - he just goes out there and pummels the crap out of anything that gets in his way. Plus, his Counterattack ability is an excellent skill to have on any character.

4. The Lancer.

Everyone loves a dragoon. With cool-looking armor, giant lances, and the piercing devastation of their Jump attack, these little guys deserve a nod.

3. Mime.

Seems like a really pointless skill at first, but in truth, its really worth the extra AP to master the Mine ability. Free castings of Bahamut? Pheonix? Flare? Holy? Sword Dance? Without having to equip any of those abilities yourself? Yes, please! Also, the extra ability slot is excellent, and getting the Mime crystal is a fun romp in and of itself. Who doesn't like Gogo?

2. Samuari.

Not only do these fighters carry powerful weapons and good armor, but their $Toss! ability will save your lousy butt more than once. Not only does it deal heavy damage to almost any enemy, but it will hit all targets at once - especially great against those Movers in the Celft of Dimensions (or N-Zone for you PSXers). Plus, you have to appreciate the concept of vanquishing evil by throwing money at it.

and the number one spot goes to:

The Dancer.

Easily the most underappreciated job class in FF5, a good dancer can do some serious damage when utilized correctly. Don't let those Micheal Flatley reject outfits fool you - a character equiped with the Dance! ability can not only suck good amouts of HP and MP from its enemies, but their sword dance attack can vanquish foes in a single hit. Dress them up in a Prisim Dress and Red Shoes, and you're almost guarenteed for a sword dance-a-thon. Pair the dancer with the 2-handed ability, and you'll have a fighting machine that will make Ex-Death look like more of a joke than he already is. Clearly, dancers are just that ace.

There you have it folks. Discuss these responses while you wait for more! (I know who I'd vote for, if I could vote.)

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

YAY blackmageboi! xD *cheers ya on*

Everyone loves monks ^_^

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Dancer > Samurai > all other jobs

i like shivablizzards teh best. I dont think the first 2 have a chance...at anything

fine... no candy for you!

Go BAoTW!!! I like the pictures put in there. Soooo cool. -thumbs up- Sprites = teh win!

I liked a lot of the answers actually. Nice way to start thing off guys!
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

A great forum to start with, since I am playing that game right now!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Behold the Void's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Reiji Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pretending I don't have a considerable party bias, I must say DocFrance's "uber-twink" combination was the best.

No votes for you! Recognized Member Election Booth's Avatar

ready for the next one? I got thirty of these to go through...

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes please.

Signature by rubah. I think.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ready!

Wat
    is