Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you think the gunblade functions anyway?

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

That is exactly what the gunblade does it shoots and slashes but where the bullets come from is the real question.

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    That is exactly what the gunblade does it shoots and slashes but where the bullets come from is the real question.
    They don't. As said already in this Thread, the gun mechanism produces a vibration along the blade which adds a rending effect to the target being slashed. The Ultimania Guide says this.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

Just thought Id share I own one of these ^^
    Attached Images Attached Images

its a GUNblade. it has a long barrel in it. he carries bullets! what is all this business about energy and vibration? the thing shoots bullets, man.

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay
    its a GUNblade. it has a long barrel in it. he carries bullets! what is all this business about energy and vibration? the thing shoots bullets,
    man.
    Where did you get info that it has a long barrel in it? Because it doesn't. Every pic we've found seems to deny that idea. Also, we never see it shoot bullets. Think before posting.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

i WISH it had a long barrel on it!
    that would be sooo coooool. or rather..... its a double barrel. the barrels are separated by the blade. you see a barrel, then a blade, and on the other side a barrel. so then you can actually shoot it like a gun. that would be awesome. screw the energy crap, i'm sticking with badass real time bullets. (even if that's not what it is, i still think it'd be cooler, in my opinion)

Thank you Hysterian!

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

I said shoot, After i made that post I came up with the idea. It has a shooting mechanism in it aswell as the blade.

this is one meaning of shoot the one i meant. # To emit (a ray or rays of light or another form of energy)

LET THE HAMMER FALL

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    They don't. As said already in this Thread, the gun mechanism produces a vibration along the blade which adds a rending effect to the target being slashed. The Ultimania Guide says this.
    What's the exact text in the guide? (In English, since my Japanese skill is non-existent). I'd love to know just what they say about this still-burning issue...

It's a gunblade. It uses the base of a revolver. It obviously shoots bullets somehow.
    Sigless

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    What's the exact text in the guide? (In English, since my Japanese skill is non-existent). I'd love to know just what they say about this still-burning issue...
    I'm trying to get an exact translation from DarkAngel (the lady translating Before Crisis, and who translated the sections on Witches and Magic from the Ultimania). I'll let you know what she says.

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    It's a gunblade.
    And using Scan on Squall has the weapon called a sword.

Quote Originally Posted by abrojtm
    It uses the base of a revolver. It obviously shoots bullets somehow.
    Not necessarily. Remember, it features a gun mechanism. The concept of the mechanism isn't exclusive to projectile weapons. It's just very handy in the making and use of such weapons.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If the official info says it doesn't actually fire a projectile, then so be it...
    However, the idea of a gun mechanism being used to fire a bullet is fairly logical, in a military application, so it's entirely understandable that people would assume this. Especially since the bullets appear solid-tipped in that intro picture.

Using the recoil to give the blade an extra 'kick' into the target is interesting. Non-firing bullet-style rounds create the powerful shock used in some ground survey sonar systems, so it's not a completely new concept.

I still prefer the idea of an actual sword/firearm hybrid, but whatever Square says, goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    Think before posting.
    are you getting mad at someone you don't even know about his opinion of a completely made up video game weapon? because thats probably the funniest thing i've heard all day.
    Where did you get info that it has a long barrel in it? Because it doesn't. Every pic we've found seems to deny that idea.
    i'm not gonna post it again, but in the picture of the gunblade stuck in the ground you can pretty clearly see what looks like the tip of the barrel.

and another thing - http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1416/squall35oh.jpg
    squall has a sight fixed to his gunblade. if he's not firing real bullets, then whats the point of having a sight?

also - http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8859/ff8162cn.jpg
    gunsmoke

Also, we never see it shoot bullets.
    did you ever see it vibrate, or whatever you're suggesting? i'll stick to my idea of real projectile bullets

Quote Originally Posted by Odelay
    Think before posting.
    are you getting mad at someone you don't even know about his opinion of a completely made up video game weapon? because thats probably the funniest thing i've heard all day.
    Where did you get info that it has a long barrel in it? Because it doesn't. Every pic we've found seems to deny that idea.
    i'm not gonna post it again, but in the picture of the gunblade stuck in the ground you can pretty clearly see what looks like the tip of the barrel.

and another thing - http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/1416/squall35oh.jpg
    squall has a sight fixed to his gunblade. if he's not firing real bullets, then whats the point of having a sight?

also - http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/8859/ff8162cn.jpg
    gunsmoke

Also, we never see it shoot bullets.
    did you ever see it vibrate, or whatever you're suggesting? i'll stick to my idea of real projectile bullets
    I never suggested that it vibrates. But you don't see a projectile. What's more, if you bothered to read the entire thread, you would see many links to many different views of his gunblade, taken from FMVs and other in game artwork. There is quite clearly no barrel in the blade.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by G SpOtZ
    i WISH it had a long barrel on it!
    that would be sooo coooool. or rather..... its a double barrel. the barrels are separated by the blade. you see a barrel, then a blade, and on the other side a barrel. so then you can actually shoot it like a gun. that would be awesome. screw the energy crap, i'm sticking with badass real time bullets. (even if that's not what it is, i still think it'd be cooler, in my opinion)
    Something like this?

I think it might need a bit of modification to suit your preferences.

something like that, but the barrels are doubled up horizontally and perpindicular to the blade, and the barrels are shorter as the blade is longer.

Thank you Hysterian!