Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: How do you think the gunblade functions anyway?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That's handy to know. So basically, the entire blade receives a 'jolt' when the explosive goes off... that's interesting. I see why timing would be so crucial. Thanks for taking the time and effort to obtain this info, SoS. Mind if I add it to the FFVIII FAQ at the top of this forum?

planning world domination

you can see the chamber on the blade and you can see a rectangular space just infront, maybe the bullet is fired, hits the end of the rectangle and explodes, giving extra power??

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

An exploding metal bullet would spray fragments everywhere, including into the hands of the person holding the weapon. Also, the explosive force would weaken the blade, probably causing it to shatter, eventually. I'd guess the bullets are basically high-powered blanks - no projectile, but a lot of energy (recoil, in other words) directed into the blade to give it an extra 'kick'.

planning world domination

hmm..good thought.
    i dunno, i wonder if you could write to Square and ask them personally...??

Besides, the rectangle you are refering to wouldn't line up with the barrel, it lines up with the locking pin for the revolver cylinder.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    That's handy to know. So basically, the entire blade receives a 'jolt' when the explosive goes off... that's interesting. I see why timing would be so crucial. Thanks for taking the time and effort to obtain this info, SoS. Mind if I add it to the FFVIII FAQ at the top of this forum?
    You're welcome, D. And, yeah, feel free to add that to the FAQ. Just be sure to credit DarkAngel for that translation. She's done us all a great service.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Bahamut
    hmm..good thought.
    i dunno, i wonder if you could write to Square and ask them personally...??
    Not necessary now that we have a translation from the Ultimania.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

why would they introduce a completely new concept like a vibrating sword without explaining it or even touching on it at all in the game?

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Why would they introduce a completely new concept such as swords larger than the person weilding them and not mention it?

Why would they have a black mage attacking with magical dolls without mentioning it.

It was just an idea they came up with, and they told us it was a difficult weapon to master, and then nothing else was needed, as squall never needs to repair his gunblade.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    In the pictures of the gunblade that appear in the intro and such, you can see the barrel. It sticks out to the side, and is much shorter than a standard gun barrel. Not much reason to worry about accuracy, after all. It's fired from point blank range, and sends a bullet into the wound made by the sword. Pretty nifty concept, really.

i thougt that it was alined along the top of the sword as you see in the start up movie!!!
    HP Media Center PC m7099a, Pentium 4 3.4GHz, 1MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB, 1GB @ 400 MHz of DDR SDRAM, 200 GB Hard Drive @ 7200RPM, nVidia GeForce 6600 256MB DDR Graphics Card, DVD-+R/RW with LigthScribe, DVD Drive and 802.11b/g wireless Adaptor, Integrated Intel® High Definition Audio - 7.1

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

because pressing a button makes you think your attack is stronger.
    or
    when he strikes from top right to bottom left th bullet comes from the right side of the sword hits the enemy then it gets struck by the blade.
    dunno wheyher to be 4 or against.

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

maybe the bullet makes a big bang n a flash. And the extra power comes from the shock of the bang.... or it could all be in the mind.....im being stupid now.......sorry guys...

The question has been answered. Can we please let this thread die now?!
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by i_wana_b_blck
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade
    In the pictures of the gunblade that appear in the intro and such, you can see the barrel. It sticks out to the side, and is much shorter than a standard gun barrel. Not much reason to worry about accuracy, after all. It's fired from point blank range, and sends a bullet into the wound made by the sword. Pretty nifty concept, really.

i thougt that it was alined along the top of the sword as you see in the start up movie!!!
    exactly what ui was thinking

I beleive that selected red area Is where the bullets come out if u havent noticed when u fight and the screen flashes when u attrack(if u have it on auto)(or if u have it set to press R1) thats when Ur gunablade is being shot and for all we know the creators of the game didnt really think if bnerds or just normal people would really argue this topic so they didnt put much detail into it.

I don't care what Square says. To me, the Revolver is just that, with a barrel running through. The Punishment and Twin Lance fire from between the blades. The Lion Heart however, I think perhaps does use the discussed energy rounds, the blade itself being energised. The Hyperion either works as does the revolver, or fires from one side as did the real weapons, which can be seen in the Royal Armouries of Leeds, England.
    I think when there's a long thread like this, one has to consider the following-
    1. Maybe the designers didn't consider it as deeply
    2. visual representation fo barrels etc was merely overlooked in production
    3. A wizard did it

FFXIV Character

Shiromoto Tatsuji (Siren)

I think ur both have the wrong idea