Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 4 is the best game to come out this year.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Default Resident Evil 4 is the best game to come out this year.

I had never played Resident Evil before 4 and now I am quickly becoming a fan. This game is one of the best if not the best game on the gamecube. The poor gamecube has been lacking attention, but it finally has the killer app it needs. Resident evil 4 is the gamecube's Halo, it's messiah. Now If you'll excuse me I have some psychotic spanish villagers to deal with. :shoot:
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

I really want Resi 4 but it aint coming out on PS2 for long time. And I dont know if its definatly coming out on PS2

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've never played a RE game and I've never thought they were my sort of game, but I've read a lot about RE4 and I have a friend who is determined to get me into it...soo.. I'll probably end up seeing in a few weeks what it's like. It has a very high score in NOM. ^_^ I'm kinda looking forward to seeing it.
    rawr

I lost interest in t he RE series a while ago, does the game HAVE zombies in it? Or just psychotic spanish villagers?

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    I lost interest in t he RE series a while ago, does the game HAVE zombies in it? Or just psychotic spanish villagers?
    Can't say... it's a sseeeccrrreeett!! Play the game to find out!

I'm going to go ahead and say RE4 isn't only the best game this year... it's definitely the best game this generation and possibly the best game I've ever played. Everything about it is SO REFINED. Even the once 'clunky' RE style controls seem to work with the new camera system. I can't think of another game that hooked me so deeply. The new shooting mechanics and item management is incredible. This is the proof that developers are listening to people's comments. RE4 fixes almost every complaint anyone ever had about the franchise.
    "It's an adult kiss...we'll do the rest when you get back." -Misato Katsuragi

[size=1]Soul Calibur r0x0rz my b0x0rz!
    Actually... I don't wear boxers, but Soul Calibur r0x0rz my briefz0rz just doesn't have the same ring to it...

**Proud owner of the Mercedes Scar**

Quote Originally Posted by Jellisaurus
    It has psychotic spanish villagers.

Anyway, I don't like the game too much.. you shouldn't get too excited about it. It's okay, I guess. I prefer the other Resident Evils though.

Quote Originally Posted by DarK Cha0s
    It has psychotic spanish villagers.

Anyway, I don't like the game too much.. you shouldn't get too excited about it. It's okay, I guess. I prefer the other Resident Evils though.
    How can u not get excited bout it its one of the best resi games iv ever played. The graphics are much better and the shooting system is much better.

Peace Out ?M?y?s?t?e?r?i?o?u?s? :JUGGALO 4-LIFE:
    Who you are is who you are.
    You can change who you are.
    Me, Im the one that sits alone,
    is alone, always alone.
    Ive been called a freak just because I dont act like everyone else.
    If I act like everyone else the world would be a bad place.The world needs more people like me but no one will listen because I dont Fit In.

Pay Back Is a B***H. Remember Ill Get All Of u.One day We Will come.

aw, i didn't get to play it yet . there's tons of games i want to try . well, i got its nemesis, Silent Hill 4 to enjoy .

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    I really want Resi 4 but it aint coming out on PS2 for long time. And I dont know if its definatly coming out on PS2
    I already explained this to you in another thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Chzn8r
    It's out [in Europe], it was a late January release.

It's not rumors, it IS coming to the PS2, but Capcom was dumb enough to announce that before the Gamecube release, probably killing the sales in the process.

Why you don't want the PS2 version:

-It's not coming out until November or December (why on earth would you wait that long for a game EVERYONE's telling you to get? )
    -The graphical quality will be very crappy. The people working on the port project have given some figures: Leon and other main characters' polygon counts will be cut in half (from ~10,000 to ~5,000), making them noticeabley more blurry/blocky and less realistic (trust me, the realism makes a difference in this game). Textures will capsize from 32-bit to 8-bit, effectively ruining the look of much of the environments and detail in structures, etc... (again, part of this game's great appeal is the polish, and attention and care to detail that the developers put into it). And probably the most important downgrade is halving the frame rate. From 60 frames per second to 30 frames per second.
    -And of course, by simply waiting and buying it on PS2, you'll be part of the problem (not solution) to Nintendo's relations and dealings with Capcom, who really need this game to sell well on Gamecube.
    Ok? Now don't be a sheep and wait a year for the PS2 version

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Dear god, I've been playing it nonstop for the last 2 days. It's hands down the best game on the cube and in the RE series, and of the genre...and it's actually long. <3

It's waaaay different from any of the other RE games, so if you didn't like the previous titles, don't let that stop you from playing it. It's an awesome game and you can't stop wondering what's going on...the plot is superior to that of any other game in the genre.

And the graphics...oh the graphics. Just beautiful. Get it...now. Or get it when if comes out on PS2, but I'd gladly get a GC just for this game....it's THAT good. :<3:

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

This game, from what I saw (Saw a friend playing it briefly), it has OBSESSIVE attention to detail.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

I just finished it a few days ago. Krauser was bad , Hes my favorite character. I'm off to go Brake a butterfly on some Plagas posterior.
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by BatChao
    Can't say... it's a sseeeccrrreeett!! Play the game to find out!

I'm going to go ahead and say RE4 isn't only the best game this year... it's definitely the best game this generation and possibly the best game I've ever played. Everything about it is SO REFINED. Even the once 'clunky' RE style controls seem to work with the new camera system. I can't think of another game that hooked me so deeply. The new shooting mechanics and item management is incredible. This is the proof that developers are listening to people's comments. RE4 fixes almost every complaint anyone ever had about the franchise.
    God, you said it perfectly. :<3:

I love RE 4. Its alot better than the other games, which I hated. They were just so damn boring, get that crest, push that crate, You recieve the holy valve handle and single handidly solves every puzzle somehow, oh don't shoot that you don't want to waste your bullets, out of ink ribbons tsk tsk tsk can't save it, DUN DUN DUUUUN Self-Destruct countdown! You got to admit, when you go back and play the older RE games.......They suck. If anyone who hasn't played the other games wants a plot summary, I'd be more than welcome

RE 4 is a HUGE improvement, and I belive that the PS2 just won't be able to handle it.

Buy RE 4, hands down, one of the coolest games of the year

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Full Moon Coyote
    I love RE 4. Its alot better than the other games, which I hated. They were just so damn boring, get that crest, push that crate, You recieve the holy valve handle and single handidly solves every puzzle somehow, oh don't shoot that you don't want to waste your bullets, out of ink ribbons tsk tsk tsk can't save it, DUN DUN DUUUUN Self-Destruct countdown! You got to admit, when you go back and play the older RE games.......They suck. If anyone who hasn't played the other games wants a plot summary, I'd be more than welcome

RE 4 is a HUGE improvement, and I belive that the PS2 just won't be able to handle it.

Buy RE 4, hands down, one of the coolest games of the year
    Oh come on, RE2 is classic. ;___;

I agree with you on everything after the first paragraph though. :<3:

EDIT: Accept for the comment about the PS2 not being able to handle it.
    Last edited by DMKA; 02-26-2005 at 07:05 AM.