Thread: *Some spoilers of XG and FFT* Ahhhh, the days when Square had guts.

Soylent green is people! Wiegrahf42's Avatar

Default *Some spoilers of XG and FFT* Ahhhh, the days when Square had guts.

You know, back when Final Fantasy Tactics and Xenogears were made. Both had loads of Religous symbolism. In Xenogears You were a reincarnation of Adam fighting a false god and in FFT you fought a copy of the medival Catholic church complete with Spanish inquisition, and eventually the people's version of Jesus, St. Ajora who turns out to be the Anti-Christ. Square just doesn't seem brave enough to pull stunts like these anymore (or at least not release them in the states). Instead they made up some sort of odd cult for FFX. Square seems afraid of pushing the limits anymore... *sigh* (oddly enough Tactics was and still is the most violent of the Final Fantasys)
    "Gentlemen, you can't fight in here this is the War room"

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Superficial religious symbolism isn't gutsy. And, for the record, Fei was a reincarnation of Abel, not "Adam," and everyone knew Deus was a weapon, not a god; its name means "god," sure, but it was never acknowledged as such in the story.

umm.... deus was referred to as god for most of the game, until "god's" true identity was revealed. they were one in the same for all intents and purposes.
    nihowma buffet? $4.65 please!

i have a Yoshitaka amano "dawn" art book for sale, only damage to it is on the corners, and that's from the convention i originally got it from. PM me if you're interested, and feel free to make an offer. i'm flexible. also mail me at lord_skeletor_1983@yahoo.com

thanks!

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

'Kishi already summed up everything I have to say. Xenogears and FFT weren't all about "OMGZ teh relijun sux so lets kill teh GOD."
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.