Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Your EoFF role model(s).

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Your EoFF role model(s).

Ok, who would you classify as your role model on these forums? I will say that any members of staff are disqualified to be role models because they would be instantly classified as a role model anyway.

So, withdrawing the staff from consideration (which includes: Big D, Cid, cl_out, Daryl, Del Murder, Dr Unne, Kawaii Ryűkishi, Leeza, Loony BoB, Lord Krang, Roogle, RSL, ShlupQuack, Xander, and Yamaneko) who from the general public of EoFF would you consider a role model?

You may have more than one role model.

As for me, I have a few that I can see as role models. This includes The Captain, because, let's face it, he sees everything in an optimistic view, is intelligent, and treats everyone fair equally. Despite his humbleness, he's a great choice to be the official role model of EoFF.

Another member I can see as a role model for myself is Raistlin. I don't know, I just think he's faring better than myself, and I also look up to him on certain things. Yeah. That would be it for me.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I too view the Captain as a role model for the same reasons as pr00t. The Captain is just a great guy, and I don't think it's possible to dislike him. Who wouldn't want to be that likable?

For the short time I've been here, I find The Captain's outlook on life an extremely intriguing one. His optimism is very rarely blind or impractical, and he clearly has a gift for empathising with others - definitely an inspiration, and a strong one at that. Like Barney the dinosaur - but much more hip
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I thought you said, but much more HP, Dr.K XD Oh man... too many video games for me...! *dies*

Haha we just had this thread a couple weeks ago, but... ^_^ Lately I found that I've been admiring foa! *bites foa in the arse* She is pretty smart. <3 ya wife(?).

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh, you're right. However, that <a href="http://www.eyesonff.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55858&highlight=role+model">thread</a> is different from this thread. However, that's about befriending and admiring members you want to know, this is about EoFF role models.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojojojo
    I thought you said, but much more HP, Dr.K XD Oh man... too many video games for me...! *dies*
    Barney has a lot of HP.

Anyway, I have a lot of EoFF role models. They've ranged a great deal, too. Some who I looked up to ages ago, I don't anymore. A lot of the big chatters and intellegent or active posters from when I joined were heavily influential to me. I hate to name names in questions like this because just about everyone was influential to me and I know I'd be forgetting someone.

Italics = Edit. Didn't finish my thought.
    Last edited by Mindflare; 02-23-2005 at 10:10 PM.
    --It's me!--

<a href="http://www.forums.eyesonff.com/member.php?u=98">Is this even a question?</a>

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I respect all members of EoFF who try to respect the opinions of others. I don't like it when I log in to read replies such as "omg that sucks u r so stupid", etc. It's rather childish and silly, but I suppose it's an obligatory part of the Internet. It's not always easy to accept (and sometimes tolerate) the opinions of others, but if you do, it makes the message board a much nicer place to post at.

I'd rather not name any names, but I respect a heck a lot of you. I talk to most of you on MSN, and I have most of you on my LiveJournal Friends listing, so you know who you are. Each and every one of us brings something different to the table here at EoFF, and I, for one, appreciate that.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Now my arse hurts. ;_;

I don't really consider anyone a role model, but there are many people I respect and admire for their behavior, their convictions, and their determination. There are also a lot I admire for their ability to just have fun without having to resort to meanness and such. I love everybody.

Signature by rubah. I think.

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

Everyone here brings something, like other people have said but I especially look up to yazoosqueen jojo boris no no and the captain, they're all great!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'd have to say The Captain, Del Murder, Big D, a lot of the members of BAoTW for their humour and unique talents. Especially the older members of BAoTW, from since I was a little "^.^"ing newbie because <s>they taught me how to speak properly</s> they kinda took me under their wing.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Awesome
    yazoosqueen jojo boris no no and the captain
    I didn't know that. I love you too

Well, I look up to The Captian, because he's sp enlightened I should say. There are a few other people too, like Del Murder and Leeza, no matter how many times they've had to 'talk' to me, I still think they're sooo cool and that they're some of the best Admins/Cid's Knights there is.

SOmtimes, Psychotic, which is so wierd, but i do sometimes because he's funny and a lot of other things that I can't explain. My Daughters and Sons of course, and one person that i really put up there with Del, Leeza and the Captian is The Summoner of Leviathan.

Although he may not show it, he's really...something like The Captian, and he's funny and really helpful...whoa...i bet someone got the wrong idea from that
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

CitizenBleys and The captain

Blog Entries

I don't consider anyone as a rolemodel, I simply just don't anyone here in real life. Its as simple as that.

While I haven't made a conscious effort to follow anyone's example, a number of members (who I won't embarrass now by listing) have had an effect on me. Some have changed the way I think, others the way I act. It's not just a select few either, but the whole community. Simply by being here my knowledge of the internet and grammar have improved, and that can be attributed to almost everyone here.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.