Thread: Earthgift Shrine in DoS

Default Earthgift Shrine in DoS

Why is the B1 level of the Earthgift Shrine a big desert now? Before when i went there, it was simply a normal dungeon, but now it's a desert. I did find the stairs to the second basement, and that appears to be the same. Anyone else experience this? I think it has to do with going there either after killing all the fiends or after killing all the fiends a second time in the Chaos Temple.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

No, it's just that the order in which you go through the floors of a Soul of Chaos dungeon is randomly determined each time you enter it.

Yah, i just noticed that. Are the items in the chests randomly generated too?

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yes, it's also randomized as to whether or not the chests actually appear.

Just hope that you get the forest as last floor before the bossesfloor, because then you can get (SPOILER)an elvencloak at the chest in the right-upper corner

Moogle:
    1. Catlike creature. Has a large red ball on it's head attached by a long hair. Some can fly. Some can fight. Some are lazy bastards. All say Kupo (or Puu)

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

You can run the dungeons again and again if you missed any items (you will, especially on the huge dungeons), it's really a case of if your patient enough to go through the same areas over and over (in my case I'm not).
    There is no signature here. Move along.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Once you hit level 60 or so you really won't need most of the new treasure. It's cool to have it, but you can completely DOMINATE both Shinryuu and Omega without it.

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Once you hit level 60 or so you really won't need most of the new treasure. It's cool to have it, but you can completely DOMINATE both Shinryuu and Omega without it.
    That is very true... I have a Knight/Master/WW/BW in my party. At level 86, and No, i did not get that high on purpose. I went beat the earth dungeon and Lich, then I went got class upgrades, beat the earth shrine dungeon, then beat Tiamat, getting excalibur, then beat the wind shrine and got ultima weapon... then beat the fire dungeon and water dungeon, got the masamune, dominated the fire shrine, and now I'm doing the water shring again to beat omega.

IE, all my characters can attack well.
    Shall we look at their stats?
    Knight- Jackel Equipment
    STR 75 Ragnarok
    AGL 58 Hero's shield
    INT 31 Genji Helm
    STA 63 Dragon Mail
    LCK 47 Protect Ring
    ATK 92
    ACC 255 HP 999
    DEF 75 MP 423
    EVA 222 LV 86
    (I would have Genji Armor from Death Machine, but I only fought him once and couldn't find him again, I will get it before I beat the game...)

Master- Kyle Equipment
    STR 49 Hands
    AGL 39 -----
    INT 30 Ribbon
    STA 59 Kenpogi
    LCK 45 Protect Ring
    ATK 83
    ACC 255 HP 999
    DEF 37 MP 0
    EVA 120 LV 86

White Wiz- Leo Equipment
    STR 31 Ultima Weapon
    AGL 25 Elven Cloak
    INT 58 Ribbon
    STA 33 Sage's Surplice
    LCK 30 Protect Ring
    ATK 115
    ACC 255 HP 999
    DEF 43 MP 999
    EVA 92 LV 86

Black Wiz- Kaine Equipment
    STR 24 Masamune
    AGL 21 Protect cloak
    INT 74 Ribbon
    STA 23 Sage's Surplice
    LCK 32 Protect Ring
    ATK 69
    ACC 249 HP 872
    DEF 42 MP 999
    EVA 84 LV 86

Let's put it this way, I get into fight against 9 enemies, and they ambush me, they all run away that first turn. It's kinda boring at times... but it's awesome to see even my black mage do at least 800 damage by attacking!!!

(i hope you can all read those stats clearly)

THE JACKEL

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    Not that true. I went through all 4 original dungeons first(supertraining because I was too stubborn to leave Elfland[is it still called that?] until I got all of the magics.), then decided to take on the SoC dungeons. I also decided to go to Whisperwind first, since I thought I would forget where it would be. So, I go down with my Red Wizard, Knight, White Mage, and Black Mage, all at level 70-something, and cut swath. I come out still at levle 70-something. I decide to go to the water place next. I get to the end, take a left, and the boss almost obliterated me! Omega does so much damage! His attack that hits everyone cut out over half of everyone's HP, and usually killed my BW. Only by Tempering my RW and Knight with the Giant's Gloves and Hasting them was I able to beat him. In comparison, Shinryuu wasn't that hard :P.

How do you unlock the shrines? is it first beeting the original dungeon of that element?
    Whatever I have my guys at lv. 24 or so with FI/RM/WM/Th and at melmond just can't work up the courage to do the one step auto-encounter area with those darn gigas or ogres.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

err...this topic is way old. You could've started a new topic. Just suggesting

anyway, you unlock the SoC dungeons after beating the elemental equivilent Fiend. Although, I'd wait until beating Tiamat before trying them. They are really hard bosses at the end, and they'll kill you if you fight them right now.

And, you don't need to go thru the one-step-encounter area. The entrance to the next level is to the right of the entrance.

EDIT: One month is not old in this forum. Please leave it to use to make those kinds of suggestions. -Murder

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I started them all at LV 50 and was about LV 70 when I get through with them. I beat Omega at LV 60 and it was a moderate challenge. The Judgment staff and the healing staff/helms were a lifesaver. Deciding to go through the wind shrine before facing Shinryuu I was very happy to find the Rune staff. That second Judgment staff helps a lot too.

I did the earthgift shrine the moment I beet earth cave. LV 30 fighter,thief,redmage, WM actually won. I didn't have the strenghth to get any items. Fighter was only survivor with haste, invis, temper times 5 and protect I actually won! my fighter was doing 800 damage with all those upgrades.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)