Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Umarro- Everyone's favorite Yettie!

Default Umarro- Everyone's favorite Yettie!

Just currious, what are your thoughts on Umarro? Did any of you actually use this character?

I actually like him. It is often quiet fun to watch him throw one of my party members into the enemy for the kill. And having most elemental attacks not affect him makes him even more wonderful.

You say you want to hear the truth? I say that you are lying! You do not want the truth. Instead you want to hear a well crafted lie mixed with half truths that you find more appealing than the real truth.

The Legend of Mythus

I never cared for him as a character, battle wise or personality wise; Not that he had a bad personality, it was more of his lack of one. I hate it when Square throws in a character with no personality or story into a game (see: Chrono Cross) just for the sake of having an extra character. I felt there was a lot they could of done with Umaro which was just never done.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

He was a hidden character, and hidden characters aren't supposed to have personality. Yuffie and Vincent, for example, should not have been hidden characters.

Umaro is great in every way. I use him all the time, and I always use him in the final battle.

Umaro was alright. He was a good party member to have though during Kefka's Tower. Packs quite a punch, especially with the Blizzard Orb.

I use him quite often, equiped with the gauntlet, he can do some serious damage. He is also great for the coloseum, as he doesn't use all the weak abilities like the other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    I hate it when Square throws in a character with no personality or story into a game (see: Chrono Cross) just for the sake of having an extra character.
    Considering there's like 80 playable chars in CC, yeah, I agree.

But I do like Umaro. I like Gogo more, but Umaro is pretty cool. I almost always give him rage ring and blizzard orb, and if not, I may give him a Genji Glove so he can swing two bones clubs. He's a pretty neat guy, all in all.

Not as cool as the "?????" ghost on the train, though. I was really hoping he would be a permanant character.

Feion
    SELF PROMOTING SIG

Click here to hear a few of my songs.

HA! CHA! CHA! *Dances* Poopcannon's Avatar

You gotta love that ghost, especially it's posess ability.

I don't know if you can even say wether or not Gogo has or has no personality, since he/she has no lines. At least Umarro says something...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love Umaro. I bring him almost everywhere. Throwing other party members into the enemy is awesome. When I first played super mario rpg and Bowser started throwing Mario around it made me think of Umaro.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

What does this posess ability do, btw?

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's the ghost's ability. He goes up to the monster and kills it by possesing it. The ghose leaves your party when you do that though.
    Mr Thou! Mr Thou!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I always like to use Umaro because he makes the Fanatic's Tower so much easier.
    Figaro Castle

HA! CHA! CHA! *Dances* Poopcannon's Avatar

I didn't use him for the tower. I just gave everyone wall rings and the monsters weren't smart enough to cast spells on themselves, although it did suck when I ran out of mp, so I kinda died.

Maybe I should have used him... (you gotta love that yeti)

Oh the ghost... I was as well hoping for a way to make the ghost an offical member. But no................................

Yes Umaro does make the Fanatic's tower so much easier.

You say you want to hear the truth? I say that you are lying! You do not want the truth. Instead you want to hear a well crafted lie mixed with half truths that you find more appealing than the real truth.

The Legend of Mythus

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    He was a hidden character, and hidden characters aren't supposed to have personality. Yuffie and Vincent, for example, should not have been hidden characters.

Umaro is great in every way. I use him all the time, and I always use him in the final battle.
    Yuffie and Vincent, why shouldn't they have been hidden? You didn't need them to beat the game. It's just funner getting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet
    I always like to use Umaro because he makes the Fanatic's Tower so much easier.
    Yeah, but then again I use the moogle charm for Fanatics Tower

Umaro is a great character to use in mid-game. He is definately one of the better character to use.