Thread: Gay Main Character

Isnt it called sexually insecure?

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    Isnt it called sexually insecure?
    Makes sense to me, Des.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    And I don't think subjecting people to gay sex will make them more willing to love and accept gay people.
    I don't remember any other FF game featuring actual on-screen sex.

But I don't think the issue is homosexual acts occuring in game, the issue is would you accept a gay main character?

Pointing out that the character is gay makes more sexual suggestion than having the main character fall in love.

I wouldn't really care. I can't really see too much difference between males and females.

Falling in love with another guy or having sex with him... gay is gay.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by YukiKiro
    a female is kinky and a male is just plain out wrong (i'm a guy, sue me)
    *eye twitches*

Uughh, now that's an example of one of the worst social constructs of western society. :rolleyes2

Have you ever stopped to wonder why you accept sexual acts between two women as kinky but consider two men together to be wrong?

Really, you should think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    *eye twitches*

Uughh, now that's an example of one of the worst social constructs of western society. :rolleyes2

Have you ever stopped to wonder why you accept sexual acts between two women as kinky but consider two men together to be wrong?

Really, you should think about it.
    Agreed.

because i'm a typical male? typical american male actually. but you think about it. to some people two females is more exceptable than two guys, why even I DON'T know.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

I fail to see what the problem is....love is love. If the main character happens to love a person of the same sex or different sex, I fail to see what the issue is.

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

I really don't care as long as he/she would whoop some ass on the battlefield.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

well im not saying for them to be obvious, just to have a homosexual love story, (who ever said they have to say hes gay or have them have sex...?) its not realistic especially in fantasy to always have straight characters..

and gay marriage is only banned in 8 states out of 50, thats hardly "most of the US"...
    thats a bit of a dramatic statement.

Cultures around the world tend to be more supportive and even though countries like japan dont support the marriage issue, the culture there doesnt "hate" or dislike gay people.

If you think its gross... you have issues, all im saying is that if they are goign to have "straight" charas, they should just as well have "gay" charas.

KOTOR II has a lesbian couple, its really interesting, and so far everyone seems to love the game ^_^ if you love the game and the chara is gay, yet you dont like gays, maybe it can teach the ignorant people out there that gays dont affect them >.<

Just some thoughts you know?
    Last edited by Alice; 02-25-2005 at 02:37 AM.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

There is no reason why two females together should be more accepted than two males, and as far as I'm concerned, no reason why they shouldn't be accepted to any degree in the first place. The only reason this occurs is because horny straight guys get off over two women performing sexual acts, whether or not they're in love doesn't make a difference. :{
    Straight guys generally don't like looking at males, so they are quick to condemn it.

A gay main character would certainly be a surprise, a twist in the stereotypical plot of RPGs, and I think it's pretty unanimous that plot is (almost) everything in an RPG, so how bad could it be?

I'm indifferent to the main character's sexual preference, after all, it's just another element in the story.

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It would definitley be different, and would surprise the hell out of me---but only because it's never been done before. There have been gay characters in games that I've played---it doesn't make the game any worse or any better. SO I don't exactly have a strong opinion about it either way, I guess. But, personally, the way I see it, I think many of the gamers out there wouldn't like it, if the main character was gay; keep in mind that this is NOT me. But that's the way I see it. I don't think it's going to happen for a very long time.

EDIT: I, too, don't understand why girlXgirl is more tolerated....in our society. Many of my male friends who think this way have tried to explain it to me, but they haven't come up with any arguments that have managed to enlighten me.
    --Box Box Box Box

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't remember any other FF game featuring actual on-screen sex.
    But I don't think the issue is homosexual acts occuring in game, the issue is would you accept a gay main character?
    I was referring to one of ansem's Kounetsu's earlier comments, not to the games themselves And I answered the topic question right before that.