Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Main Character

So wait, did we decide Yang is gay now? What will his wife think?

Yang: "This is Cecil, he saved my life!"
    Yangs wife: "Thanks!"

Yeah I think she'll get over it.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doomgaze
    So wait, did we decide Yang is gay now? What will his wife think?
    With a moustache like that she shoulda seen it coming...

Hahahaha, I can't believe I forgot Eagle was supposed to be gay. I only learned that after I mastered using him, my reaction was something like "really? he is? learn something new everyday!" I think if a game sorta held it out and just had you thinking of him as the main character with his own personality (tough guy, mopey teen-angst ridden guy, creepy black mage type guy, warrior with a dark secret, etc.) then just kinda added it as an aside, that'd be pretty cool and progressive of them.

Of course, we all know it wouldn't happen like that...

Anyone remember that ridiculous game Fear Effect? It's possible. Anyone remember its sequel? If you do remember it, you probably don't remember that it was Fear Effect 2. Its only "selling point" was that it had a "lesbian" "love" scene. They made sure that you knew about this before you even bought the game through an aggressive ad campaign.

Plus which, gays are gross. Just ask any highschool aged male, and I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you as much.

Plus which, gays are gross. Just ask any highschool aged male, and I'm sure they'll be happy to tell you as much.
    Through social pressure even the gays will say that..>_>

Yang: "This is Cecil, he saved my life!"
    Yangs wife: "Thanks!"

Yeah I think she'll get over it.

And Cloud x Seph forevarz!!

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

wow, i'm just astonished that this topic is still going. lol
    nihowma buffet? $4.65 please!

i have a Yoshitaka amano "dawn" art book for sale, only damage to it is on the corners, and that's from the convention i originally got it from. PM me if you're interested, and feel free to make an offer. i'm flexible. also mail me at lord_skeletor_1983@yahoo.com

thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    And Cloud x Seph forevarz!!
    I was always more of a fan of Cloud x Barret myself.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Pfft, I'm all over Cloud x Bugenhagen.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Quote:

Through social pressure even the gays will say that..>_>

NEVER!!!!!! I am a high-school aged male! I am gay! And I will never say something like that! NEVER!!!!!!

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

when I was in highschool and a closeted homo, i always said gays should get married, and what-not, but no one ever questioned me...

As far as a gay character in a video game goes, as long as it was done tastefully, and not tacky, it'd be interesting.

Well is squresoft wanted to forever go down in history even more than they have.. they always could pull that one out of the magic hat. I know that squareenix has a few comics out with gay characters, they take care well without offending many people. Most japanese people's idea of homosexuality through mainstream culture is that its a normal thing.. but due to that culture they dont talk about it

Honestly: id rather see Cloud x ME lol!

its crazy this thread is going im glad no one's really dished out some offensive stuff

Thats just cuz none of us are immature....most of the time....so who wants to see what happens when i put a frag grenade instead of a cherry in the toilet?

Never said all gays are closeted, i just meant that alot of them probably are. I mean with gay being used as a bad term by young people it does create a pressure of some sort...and kids are very cruel somtimes =/

Cloud x Nanaki

...:x

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Mario and Luigi, the first gay video game couple. And now that Nintendo and Square are working together again, maybe, just maybe, Nintendo will have some influence on Square.

I would love to see a gay main character, as long as they don't make them act like Mukki or anything. :\ Something that they don't rub in your face. You know what I mean? No stereotypes or anything...

FFVII Analysis... SEXIFIED! :O

I love my Squall of SeeD / Squall / Glenn / Belle-Bambi / Glennevieve / Bishie / Mr. Scientist Man / Duck-Lover / Geeky Boi / Okies with all my heart.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga Guess
    Didn't you see the "Group Room" scene in the Sector 5(?) slums? And one of the 4 date scenes too..
    Oh yeah, you're right....
    Damn....
    But I still think he was in love with Aeris....
    :rolleyes2

nah, he was in love with rufus.
    nihowma buffet? $4.65 please!

i have a Yoshitaka amano "dawn" art book for sale, only damage to it is on the corners, and that's from the convention i originally got it from. PM me if you're interested, and feel free to make an offer. i'm flexible. also mail me at lord_skeletor_1983@yahoo.com

thanks!

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My Galka character on FFXI gets verbally abused all the time. His name may be PrettyinPink, but there's no need for people to call him derogatory names.

The lack of maturity when it comes to anything related to homosexuality is astounding given that the majority of players on FFXI are 16+. I don't believe that the general audience for Final Fantasy is ready for a gay main character. Maybe in another 20 years.