Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Gay Main Character

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Destai
    You manage to reflect both Squall and Tidus?
    It wasn't that hard for me to do.

--Box Box Box Box

what about female players, i doubt they felt the same as squall... maybe yuna.. but having females as th main characters was a big enuf deal!

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

I forgot to mention, playing as a gay character makes you gay. It's true. The gamma rays emitted from your TV will turn your chromosomes into homosomes. It's all part of our agenda to destroy the family, you see.

Just something to think about before you pop in that disc.

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DJZen
    I forgot to mention, playing as a gay character makes you gay. It's true. The gamma rays emitted from your TV will turn your chromosomes into homosomes. It's all part of our agenda to destroy the family, you see.

Just something to think about before you pop in that disc.
    Augh, now I've got gay germs from reading your gay post! I don't want the gay!

homosomes = teh funnay
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

Eagle wasn't in SFA3, he was in SF1 as an non-playable character and Capcom vs. SNK 2 as one of the standard characters.
    Right. I think I got Eagle confused with Birdie.

How is Kefka feminine? I always thought of him as more excentric and psychotic. I'd come up with an example of a similar character type in a movie but I'm blanking...
    Not nearly as feminine as Kuja and Seymour, but I thought some of the stuff he said was a bit fruity, such as "AHEM! There is sand in my boots!". OK, I wouldn't really classify him as a feminine villain, but I needed another villain as an example.

Like I said, openly gay doesnt mean shouting you're sexuality from the rooftops. Cloud was thrown into several gay situations and ignored several beautiful woman throughout the game. He could be easily called a bisexual. He got further with men than he did with Tifa or Aeris. So there you have it I guess.
    You're missing my point. I am saying that there has never officially been a gay character. You can spectulate all you want about Cloud, but to the majority of fans, he's straight. I'm sure if you asked Square-Enix themselves, they would tell you he's straight. What I am saying is why not add a character to the game that is announced gay either in the game or by Square-Enix? No harm in it.

Because a characters sexuality doesnt effect the game? Doing so would just be pure advertisement. Theres never officially been a straight character either. Maybe Square just dont want the gay or straight fans to be left out ?

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    If Yang is black, then so is General Leo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    General Leo is white as can be.
    Leo is black, though. Compare his skin tone to Locke's or Celes':

Leo 1.
    Leo 2.
    Celes.
    Locke.

Leo's skin is darker than Yang's, though: Yang. Yang appears to have been given more of an Asian look than the rest of the characters in IV, whereas Leo in VI obviously has much darker skin than the rest of the characters. Amano tends to give even his Males pale skin and when he doesn't do so, it's usually a safe assumption that its intended to convey that they aren't "white" or whatever the commonplace skintone in the game might be.

There probably already is one. Kuja is seen by most as gay. Just because the character description doesnt outright state hes a homosexual doesnt mean he isnt.
    Negative evidence doesn't work more for one side or the other in regard to something like this. Characters like Kuja or Kefka never show any signs of even having sexuality (Kuja calling Garnet pretty doesn't really convey anything necessarily, as he was using a descrpitive aspect of her to trigger the Treno Auctioneer's memory), mustless prefering one gender or the other, unlike even Yuffie who will kiss Cloud on his cheek if she's his date during the date in the Gold Saucer, implying that -- at the least -- she had an interest in at least one Male.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

In your response to my post Im not sure I follow what you're pointing out. Kuja was just a random example. I was talking about characters in general when I said
    Just because the character description doesnt outright state hes a homosexual doesnt mean he isnt.
    What suggests a lot on Kujas sexuality is his way of dressing and even his feminine movements. Those type of things are pretty big when examining a video game character in my opinion just like Yuffies action when kissing Cloud. Surely the creators meant him to come across like this

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Squall of SeeD
    Leo is black, though. Compare his skin tone to Locke's or Celes':

Leo 1.
    Leo 2.
    Celes.
    Locke.
    I've said that I'm referring strictly to the actual in-game sprites. It's like Tina's hair color. If you asked me what it was, I might say blonde, since that's how Amano drew her, but if you asked me what color it was in the game, any answer but "green" would be wrong.

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Terra, not Tina >_>

But the drawings should be more consistent with the game sprites It's confusing.

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

What suggests a lot on Kujas sexuality is his way of dressing and even his feminine movements. Those type of things are pretty big when examining a video game character in my opinion just like Yuffies action when kissing Cloud. Surely the creators meant him to come across like this
    But one would have to assume that such movements or dress style are necessarily indicative of one's sexuality, which very much isn't the case. It may be that they're used for illustrating one's sexuality, but that isn't always the case. Some Males are just very feminine but very much heterosexual, and some Females are masculine, but very much heterosexual. Stereotypes aren't the best basis for making a determination of anything.
    Last edited by Squall of SeeD; 03-11-2005 at 08:30 PM.
    I love my Carys with all my heart.
    <3<3<3<3<3<3<3

Where the clouds part and the truth is revealed: Final Fantasy VII Analysis.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. -- Edmund Burke

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yeah, you never hear anyone accuse Cid Highwind of being gay, and why not? He certainly doesn't seem to care much for the company of women. Why can't he be gay? Is it just 'cause he's not limp wristed? If acting flamboyant is the only qualifier for gay, then I guess neither of my ex boyfriends is gay. Or me for that matter.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Cid loves Shera.

And, uh, Vincent.

Oops.

I stated pretty clearly video game characters and Id have to say as detailed as final fantasy in general is its not unusual for fictional game characters to be full of stereotypes. I never said anything to suggest gay men all dress feminine and my original post-
    There probably already is one. Kuja is seen by most as gay. Just because the character description doesnt outright state hes a homosexual doesnt mean he isnt.
    -could be looked upon either way.