Thread: Easy costume cosplay suggestions

Default Easy costume cosplay suggestions

Well I'm thinking about going to Otakon this year as Scorpion or Sub-Zero, mainly because a friend of mine last year went as Reptile. I figure this should be an easy costume to put together, and cheaper than most, anyone know where I might be able to find the right upper body part to the costume? I'm gonna ask my friend what he suggests too.. The only reason I'm looking for a cheap cosplay this year is because I have no money at the moment, last year and the year before I was mousse from Ranma 1/2, and I might go double this year as that too. Anyone wanna contribute to the topic, suggestions, or general cosplay ideas and experiences of their own?

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A very easy cosplay is Kuja from FFIX. All you need is a purple thong and some gauze...

No, wait.
    Cosplay costumes don't need to be practical, functional garments. They just have to look like the real thing. Thus, you can fake some complex pieces of attire by using coloured carboard, or simply by attaching some cloth over a piece of cardboard that's the right shape. That'd work especially well for Sub-Zero's blue armour.

Other pieces of costume can me made by modifying what you already have, or can easily get. Black trousers and shirts can be found at a very low price in any opportunity shop; gloves and balaclavas are easy to come by.

disc jockey to your heart krissy's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Wing Zero

been to a few cons myself, mostly dressed as an anime character. one i went as SPike from Cowboy Bebop (I have the right body type for it). Wolfwood from Trigun a couple times, and once, just once, I played Commander Amarao from FLCL, and my girl friend at the time played Kitsurabami.

I always wanted to play as Lupin, but I'd have to go first series lupin, caus I don't wanna where the white pants, even though the red jacket is very cool.