Thread: Carling Cup FInal Today!!!

Default Carling Cup FInal Today!!!

It may not be the high point of the English Football Calender but it is the first domestic trophy of the season, and to Liverpool fans at least, it has always been a highly regarded competition. Though recent years have seen the earlier stages of the competitions looked upon with a certain amount of scorn by some of the big teams, for those that make it to the last four, it suddenly becomes an important competition as the prospect of picking up silverware becomes a reality. For the teams not expected to pick up a European place, it is the perfect way them to enter the UEFA Cup and gain valuable European experience.

For the fans, the beaten ones will tell you how the Carling Cup doesn't matter, a cliche they have picked up from the managers who put it rightly at the bottom of their priority list at the start of the season, but ask any player on the pitch today if he wants to win this trophy, and his answer will be "HELL YES!". For many of the players, to win the trophy would earn them their first winners medal in English football, and for either Liverpool or Chelsea, a win could act as a catalyst to go on and reach the objectives they set out at the beginning of the season.

It's pretty much a given that I'll be rooting for Liverpool today, after we were robbed on New Years Day by a lucky lucky Chelsea team, there is no doubt the Liverpool players will be looking to make amends.

Enjoy the game everyone.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

if Chelsea's on top form than Liverpool may lose plus Chelsea beats big teams but loses to crap teams i hate them go Liverpool

LET THE HAMMER FALL

Victory will be ours, FIFA seemed to have introduced a new rule Touching a chelsea player is now considered a foul.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Joe Cole is scum.

Mourinho is scum.
    Last edited by Doc Sark; 02-28-2005 at 12:48 PM.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

Chelsea 3
    Liverpool 2

man i reckon Chelsea cheated as usual
    hopefully they'll be out the Champions league and knocked out the premiership leader spot

LET THE HAMMER FALL

on the plus side we're now the loudest fans in the world at 130.3 decbiles beating the previous record by denver bronco fans by a whole 2 decibles.
    Your sig is too hilarious and witty, thus i have removed it to protect the minds of all forum goers
    -The allways inspiring leeza

Yeah I read that too. Small consolation however. And yes Shoden, Chelsea did cheat.

Chelsea didn't deserve to win that game. But as usual this season, lady luck wasn't on Liverpool's side.

Still there's still the Champions league. You never know what can happen in Football.

True that, with all the bad luck we've had, we're owed enough good luck to not only win the Champions League, but to win everything domestically for the next ten years. I think Utd and Chelsea have stolen all the luck!

I think every neutral football supporter wants Man United to win the Premiership now.

I thought Arsena Wenger was bad...but Jose Mourinho, god, hopefully Abramovich will leave Chelsea, leave behing tonnes of debt, and employ Glenn Hoddle as manager...

Nope, I've calmed down since the Cup final. I still want Chelsea to win the league because I can't stand listening to United fans gloat.