Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Constantine

Default Constantine

Has anybody else seen it? i thought it was really good but got kind of lame towards the end, it started to lose it's freakiness more to the way of one liners and general doo hickey i wasn't expecting.

What did you all think about he movie?

from one person who has seen it to another who hasn't, I would advice that you go and watch this movie. It'll be the only good horror-ish movie until The Ring 2(i watched the japanese versions of the ring, so much more violence )

Blog Entries

I haven't seen it yet but for waht i already saw of the film is good but not great...

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I saw the movie and I liked it a lot but if you classify this as horror. The reason for all the one liners and stuff is because this is a movie based off the comic. Of course it is going to have one liners.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

I absoluterly love that movie! I just migth go see it again I mean, it was funny, actiony, just what I needed!!
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

Blog Entries

I saw it last week and well... it was what it was... AND NOTHING MORE!

Ratings Out of * * * * *

# Action: * * *
    # Story: * * *
    # Characters: * * * *
    # Visuals: * * * *
    # Soundtrack: * * *
    # Acting: * * *

# Overall: * * *

got it on DVD ages ago.I thought the film was pretty rubbish.Keanu just aint cool anymore.And the movie is rubbish anyway.People in UK that aint seen it yet.Dont bother

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Why you gotta be hatin' on Ted?

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    Bill and Ted, now they were some good movies.

I saw some adverts for this, it seemed interesting enough, some guy is going to get it on DVD for me. So yeah, that's an easy way to see it.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

RX Queen Recognized Member kikimm's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really, really loved it. The whole feel of it, and the background, felt like it had been a book before. So I wasn't surprised when O found out it was Hellblazer first. Keanu Reeves was surprisingly good, and Rachel Weiss was excellent as well.

Well, I thought it was very clever and well done. Definitley buying it.

--Box Box Box Box

Constantine had a pretty awesome storyline and it was tight cos I was never into those comic made movies cept those old Batman movies which was a a way long time ago and not to mention Rachel Weisze (think thats how you spell it) beuty

Quote Originally Posted by gibbi8
    got it on DVD ages ago.I thought the film was pretty rubbish.Keanu just aint cool anymore.And the movie is rubbish anyway.People in UK that aint seen it yet.Dont bother
    Wow that was a snobbish statement.

Constantine was a very good movie. Keanu played his part rather well, but the actors that shined were Rachel Weisz (Isabel/Angela), Tilda Swinton (Gabriel) and Peter Stormare (Lucifer). Tilda Swinton particularly did a very interesting acting job being (SPOILER)the misleaded good guy who ends up being the villain. The cinematography and editing for the movie was also very well done. The use of symoblism was astounding....angels with black wings, Lucifer in a white suit, transition from heaven and hell, ect. And they did a very good job not making this movie about Catholicism. There is much Catholic reference in this movie, but they don't really emphasize the Catholic part of the references, which I thought was a good thing to do with that, so this movie didn't try to be a religious movie and take away from the action and drama part.

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm
    yeah! gimme a hug!

*hugs, then quickly backs off*

fag!

jk

one of the best movies ive ever seen, up there with kill bill and nightmare before xmas loved it like my unborn child!

gibbi8: howd u get it on dvd> it just came in theatres last week...

Eoff + Fabio = Win Lord Chainsaw's Avatar

I thought it was pretty good. I'm really into the whole angels and demons deal, so of course I'd enjoy a movie like this.

I just thought the ending was a bit anti-climatic though.

To hell with Battletoads and Double Dragon.
    THIS is the ultimate team.