Thread: Final Fantasy III - some questions

Default Final Fantasy III - some questions

I hope somone can answer these questions:

1. What's the meaning of those numbers in the job menu (e.g. Fighter: 8)?

2. What happens at "skill up"? I know that Mages get more MP etc. but how do the characters' stats change? Does a character's job influence the normal "level up"? Well, maybe someone can just explain the whole system to me. I think I get along with it but I'm not sure about certain things...

3. Is there a possibility to find out how much "capacity" you need for the next "skill up"? Is there a maximum job level?

4. Are there enemies which are worth stealing from (please mention only their names)?

I just got the Invincible, so NO SPOILERS PLEASE! Thanks!

I believe the number next to teach class, ex. Fighter: 8, means how many crystal shards you need to change to that job class. Don't remember if it was crystal shards or what it was, but whatever it is you need to change your class to that job.

Yuffie ate my avatar Sefie1999AD's Avatar

Yeah, it's how many crystal shards you need to change to that job. The more you use that job, the more skill points you get, so the less capacity you need to use when changing to that job. I don't think skill levels are affected by (EXP) levels. I rarely used the Thief class, and I did fine without any stealing.
    People dislike FFIX because they're horrible idiots. - Kawaii Ryűkishi
    "One-Winged Angel" is far and away the best final boss song ever
    composed.
    - Kawaii Ryűkishi

the number isn't crystals, it's capacity points. It takes 8 capacity points to change to that job. As you level up a job, that job and related jobs cost less, but even if you switch off that job, it will remain cheap because it is at a high class level... I believe, but it definitely is capacity points

THE JACKEL

Thanks a lot!

I don't change classes very often so I didn't recognize...

Umm...by the time you get the Invincible, there's really nothing left to spoil, unless you are unusually slow-witted and completely unable to guess any plot developments in games, and judging by the fact that you speak coherent English I'm guessing you aren't.