Thread: Commercials

Default Commercials

Yeah, kind of a new idea. We love 'em. We hate 'em. And yet they are always eating up valuable T.V time.
    Considering I have yet to see a commercial thread, this would probably be where you'd post the most funny/annoying/factual/etc. commercials you find. Or just post your general dislike for commercials.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

Im not sure about anywhere else, but in Australia we have this funny Jif add. A lady is behind a glass wall in a room with her hair all messy, dirty clothes and her daughter is on the other side...You get the idea that shes in prison, mental instution etc. The girl puts her hand up on the glass, and the mother does the same and places it on her hand. The girl asks "when are you coming out mummy?" the lady says "in a while...i got to get back" she leans over and the camera zooms out to reveal shes scrubbing a filthy bath tub with no success. the girl yells through the glass "i love you mumma!" and she replies "I love you too baby" and keeps on scrubbing. Then it starts advertising the product and how good it is etc...it is soooo funny

Occasionally entertaining. Theres this great show about adds you wont see on tv. Fairly entertaining. Some are crude, some are clever. A good mix.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't watch much TV, and the TV I do watch is usually taped. Therefore, I always fast-forward the commercials. They annoy me so much, I simply can't watch live television, unless the program in question is absolutely unmissable (Eg - Wrestling).
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

It is a widely accepted fact that only one good commercial has ever been made.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

~Amriel the Archangel~ Dking'squeen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    that was cool
    *You know it's over, growing colder, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

*All we ever wanted, I need something, leads me next to nothing...*

I liked the McDonalds one where the guy throws himself in to a pond in an attmept to catch a crust of bread that an elderly lady is feeding the ducks with.

Also, Czech. Republic, did you see the 118 parody of that Honda advert? Very funny.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

My current favorite commercials are the movie parodies the WWE plays to promote Wrestlemania XXI.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I love the Burger King commercials with the young business people. They're pretty funny.

There has always been cheesy commercials on the air. I like the fact that commercials are actually using humor that I find funny (The recent AOL protection commercials are actually funny even though I think AOL sucks.), and the level of cheese on commercial isn't so bad as of late.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Czech. Republic
    Wow, that was amazing.
    I like Kung-Fu.

oh yeah i remember the Honda ad..The full version was only ever on once, now they just show a shortened version...i was lucky enough to see the long one...i was washing up the dishes while watching the TV...Suddenly this ad came on and i was watching thinking to myself "...Cool" But then i realised that it just kept going, so I sat down and watched it. I went to school the next day thinking i was so lucky to see it but apparantly it was on every channel at the same time(channels 7, 9 and 10)(im in Australia, i dont know whether its been shown anywhere else) Yeah but now they only start half way (maybe a bit less is shown)..well it starts when the bolt hits the wrenches and they spin etc etc..