Thread: NFL free agency

Default NFL free agency

free agency starts at 12:01 tonight, who do you want your team to sign? name your team, and the person you want them to sign.

i hope the eagles sign Trotter, cause he is beast at middle linebacker.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

Psssh. Eagles.

The Cowboys, as of now, are looking at Jason Ferguson of the Jets. Parcells has been seen talking to his agent at the combine, so it seems like a possibility.

At right tackle, we'd either like to sign Oliver Ross of Pittsburgh or Kareem McKenzie of NYJ. I'm leaning toward McKenzie.

We may also find ourselves in the market for a safety, possibly Denver's Kenoy Kennedy. We're definitely in the market for a right cornerback, and Seattle's Ken Lucas looks like a possibility. We don't want to take another DB in the first round of the draft, so we need to address that need in free agency.

We're switching to the 3-4 defense, and so Dexter Coakley is a victim. We're going to need to completely remodel our front 7, sticking Ellis, Ferguson, and Glover on the line. Our linebackers....we need an ILB to go along with Nguyen, so you could see Baltimore's Ed Hartwell or Pittsburgh's Kendrell Bell.

All of this is speculation.

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know who I want my team (The Lions) to sign. I do know that they are looking to sign a veteran QB to compete with Harrington for the starting job and give him some competition. Right now it's looking like it might be Jeff Garcia. I don't know if that's good or bad...

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Oakland won't get anyone because they are already over the cap. I will enjoy watching Moss and Porter, though, even though they probably won't win many games.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Strangely enough, they missed any chance to be good this year by trading away that draft pick for Moss.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

If Moss generates enough buzz to get the home games televised I won't be complaining.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

...your games aren't televised?

Articles

Silver and Blacked Out.

I don't care about free agency much. I'm really just looking forward to the draft.

News from Valley Ranch - 03/02/05
    by CASEY GRAHAM

The first day of the NFL's free-agency period was a busy one for Bill Parcells and the Cowboys. Already, the Cowboys have agreed on contracts with defensive tackle Jason Ferguson from the New York Jets and cornerback Anthony Henry of the Cleveland Browns. While the terms of Ferguson's contract have not been released, it is reported that Henry signed for four years at $12 million, with a $5 million signing bonus.

Ferguson, going into his ninth NFL season out of Georgia, has played in 48 straight games since missing the entire 2001 season due to a torn rotator cuff. He will present a significant upgrade over the defensive tackle opposition next to La'Roi Glover, occupied by Leonardo Carson for most of 2004. If the Cowboys choose to switch to a 3-4 defense, he can also play nose tackle to anchor the defensive line, with Glover switching to defensive end.

Henry has been a valuable part of the Browns' secondary in his 4 NFL seasons. In his career, he has recorded 247 tackles and 17 interceptions, including 10 his rookie season. Henry will solidify the right cornerback spot for the Cowboys, who used five different starters there in 2004 (Pete Hunter, Bruce Thornton, Jacques Reeves, Tyrone Williams, Lance Frazier).

Additionally, guard Marco Rivera is expected to arrive at Valley Ranch tonight. He is expected to be heavily pursued by prospective teams.
    Last edited by Kirobaito; 03-02-2005 at 09:55 PM.