Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst Covers Ever

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbominatrix
    It's the second American album released. I cant remember the name of it. Yes, it's a cover of The Beatles song.
    Dear baby Jesus, it was on "LunaRock", and I just downloaded it off Sailormusic.net...now I'm far more pissed at them than I was before. My god, it's an abomination.

As if it wasn't enough to completely DESTROY the plot, bastardize the dialouge, cut it to pieces, and replace all the great original scores with craptasic, badly sang, synthisized crap (2 or 3 songs were an exception), but I had seen that track listed for years, and the Beatles song came to mind, but I NEVER suspected it to actually be the same song. That song wasn'y even in the show, and what the hell would "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" have to do with Sailor Moon in the first place?

I almost want them to dub Stars just to see how much insane and senseless acts they commit on it.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Everyone seems to be killing off Phil Collins at the moment by remixing all of his famous songs and turning them into awful dance tracks.

Listening to the radio makes me sad. =/
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Geneva Convention relative to the Protection of Civilian Persons in Time of War
    Adopted on 12 August 1949 by the Diplomatic Conference for the Establishment of
    International Conventions for the Protection of Victims of War, held in Geneva
    from 21 April to 12 August, 1949
    entry into force 21 October 1950

Article 3

In the case of armed conflict not of an international character occurring in the territory of one of the High Contracting Parties, each Party to the conflict shall be bound to apply, as a minimum, the following provisions:

1. Persons taking no active part in the hostilities, including members of armed forces who have laid down their arms and those placed hors de combat by sickness, wounds, detention, or any other cause, shall in all circumstances be treated humanely, without any adverse distinction founded on race, colour, religion or faith, sex, birth or wealth, or any other similar criteria.

To this end, the following acts are and shall remain prohibited at any time and in any place whatsoever with respect to the above-mentioned persons:

(a) Violence to life and person, in particular murder of all kinds, mutilation, cruel treatment and torture;

(b) Taking of hostages;

(c) Outrages upon personal dignity, in particular humiliating and degrading treatment;

(d) The passing of sentences and the carrying out of executions without previous judgment pronounced by a regularly constituted court, affording all the judicial guarantees which are recognized as indispensable by civilized peoples.

I DEMAND Rye be tried as a war criminal for posting that mp3.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Bill Shatner's cover of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is horrendous.
    However, it's so bad it's almost good - it's almost a classic, of sorts.

Default and i think it's going to be a long long time

<a href = "http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/21099/">His rendition of Rocket Man is the greatest of all mankind's achievements.</a>
    Last edited by Doomgaze; 03-02-2005 at 08:30 AM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Joss Stone did that cover on The White Stripes. It irritated me. I love Fell Inlove with a Girl, and she did it horribly.

foa, I just noticed the crowds reaction. It's great.

And true that, Jebus, true that.

By a country mile....Under the Bridge by the All Saints. How dare they.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D
    Bill Shatner's cover of Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds is horrendous.
    However, it's so bad it's almost good - it's almost a classic, of sorts.
    that song makes me laugh everytime! so bad its great!
    just the way he says it! it's like hes so happy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    dear god! i remember that! they didn't realise that it was about heroin! and got in trouble about it! they were like "we're the biggerst fans of the chilli peppers"
    made me laugh as well

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    Some chick did a cover of "Fell In Love with a Girl" by The White Stripes, but it was "Fell In Love With a Boy" instead, and I think that's the worst one I've EVER heard. I can't recall her name, but it was bad.
    It was Joss Stone who did that, and yeah it was pretty crappy wasnt it? I didnt like it much

Oh my God I cant believe just how **** that avril lavinge thing is, is she actually serious? She sounds like a complete idiot.

just listened to it......
    there arn't enough swear words in the world to describe that....
    if she thinks she sounded good...shes even worse then i thought....and thats bad!

Trust No one

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    Holy crap, I must hear that.

The Avril Lavigne cover of "Chop Suey" almost sounds like a mockery...and I'd feel better knowing that it was, but I don't think it is. Most of her singing isn't actually words, but just "LALALALALALALALALALA". I thought Rye was just saying it as an insult to how bad it was...I didn't think it was going to actually be just that.

It makes me sad.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Don't do it to yourself man. Save your ears.

Anyone remember the Wonderwall cover done by Mike Flowers Pops. Now that was horrendous. Especially as he covered it while the Oasis version was still in the charts.

As soon as I saw the title of the thread, I thought of Avril Lavigne. I first heard her chop suey cover round a friend's...I can't actually bring myself to recall the moment. Shocking.
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

i was gonna say avril lavignes version of knockin on heavens door

but then i heard the chop suey cover.

WTF is all i can say about it.
    "We cling to out secrets, our doubts, our memories... We're never able to put them aside. Even though they confuse us, there are some things we can only find in that confusion. I think... Its okay to feel that way" Yuna *FFX-2*