Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Worst Covers Ever

The worst cover ever is Evenescence's of The Smashing Pumpkin's "Zero"

It sounds terrible, with limp guitars and lack of spirit behind it.

"I think you'd make any (nice) woman happy... & I think you really deserve for someone to make you happy too for a change"

Quote Originally Posted by Jack
    The worst cover ever is Evenescence's of The Smashing Pumpkin's "Zero"

It sounds terrible, with limp guitars and lack of spirit behind it.
    Oh. My. smurfing. God.

Evanescence have blasphemed. I'm not even gonna bring myself around to listen to it. I'm afraid.

And I honestly don't think Avril Lavigne was trying to be serious. Nobody could sing that bad on purpose.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by The New Kid
    And I honestly don't think Avril Lavigne was trying to be serious. Nobody could sing that bad on purpose.
    Oh, but Avril always sings horrible. But as long as all the little rebel kids think she's ttly sk8er punx than she keeps her job, no matter how terrible her music it. Though her music has been improving, only because :

1) You can't get any worse than Sk8er Boi
    2) Ben Moody, an ex-member of Evanescence have been making her hit songs. (Ben Moody at least. I know he did Nobody's Home, he's probably made more. The melody and the lyrics, made by Ben, are great. Her voice kills the song though.)

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Graves
    The cover of The Smiths "How Soon Is Now" is crappy. It served at the theme music for Charmed.
    I found out it's by "Love Spit Love". I haven't heard it yet, but T.A.T.U's version I like alot.

Misspelled for No Reason. GhandiOwnsYou's Avatar

I heard one the other day that was a cover of Mot the Hooples "all the young dudes" which was solid gold blasphemy. fortunately, i didn't catch the name of the band, elsewise i would've murdered them.
    I never liked "anarchy in the USA" (cover of anarchy in the UK; sex pistols) by GNR either

the worst lately, have been all the horrible horrible horrible attempts, by NUMEROUS people to cover "give a little bit" (of your love) by Supertramp. Supertramp is incredible, and they have just been smashed and smashed and smashed as of late by commercials and such abusing their song, and artist's trying to cover it...

On a sidenote; Johny Cash's cover of Hurt by NIN i loved. i should've hated it, but i didn't.

Encore - Jay-Z/Linkin Park.

Honestly, LP ruined the song. I'm surprised how many people don't know that Encore is a song originally from Jay-Z and Kanye West...even though the lyrics were changed a bit, as it was also LP's Numb song.
    Last edited by Dingo Jellybean; 03-21-2005 at 07:50 PM.

Blog Entries

When I heard Britney Spears' cover of I Love Rock 'n' Roll I wanted to stab myself, correction I wanted to stab her.

Ohh, I have another one.

Bright Eyes just recently did a cover of Feist's Mushaboom, which is an amazing song and I love it to pieces. And, in my opinion, Bright Eyes didn't do a great job. I respect him totally as an artist, but maybe this wasn't the greatest song for him to cover.

Although I normally do not like LP, I do give them credit for "amping" up Jay-Z's Dirt Off Your Shoulder with the riffs. I really just prefer any of The Black Album's songs over Meteora, but maybe that's just because of my affinity for rap. It's odd hearing "bitches and hoes" with LP, but oh well.

Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    When I heard Britney Spears' cover of I Love Rock 'n' Roll I wanted to stab myself, correction I wanted to stab her.

The Rabid Wolverine. Amarant Odinson's Avatar

One of the worst covers that I've heard was GNR's cover of Sympathy for the Devil for the Interview With A Vampire soundtrack. Horrible cover for an ever worse movie.

I also can't stand Marilyn Manson's cover of Personal Jesus, Like a Virgin or Tainted Love. His cover of Sweet Dream is tolerable but the original is far superior and the only good cover that he's ever done in my mind is I Put A Spell On You.

But the worst offender of them all has that band who did the Thunderstruck cover for that retarded movie Varsity Blues. That song made my ears bleed and that movie made me want to poke out my eyes with rusty spoons.
    WRESTLING:
    In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

I can't listen to it. I click on the link and it says "Forbidden". I can only imagine why.

avril lavignes version of knockin on heavens door
    WHAT!?!?!?!?!

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

avril lavignes version of knockin on heavens door
    My god, I hope you aren't serious.

EDIT: You are.
    Last edited by DMKA; 03-22-2005 at 10:23 AM.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by Flamethrower
    Goldfinger - 99 Red Balloons
    Wow. That's actually one of the better covers out there. Hard to imagine anyone would call it the worst..

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER