Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Worst Covers Ever

It just bit me, is all. Little Miss Awesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xander
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but G4's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. I never even listened to it all the way but nobody should be allowed to cover that song ever. Ever ever ever. Especially when they have a name like "G4". That made me sad.
    I second that! I mean, they even said their version of Bohemian Rhapsody was better than the original, they have no right! They don't even have a guitar solo in it for goodness sake!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Little Miss Awesome
    Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but G4's cover of Bohemian Rhapsody. I never even listened to it all the way but nobody should be allowed to cover that song ever. Ever ever ever. Especially when they have a name like "G4". That made me sad.
    I second that! I mean, they even said their version of Bohemian Rhapsody was better than the original, they have no right! They don't even have a guitar solo in it for goodness sake!
    No one. Absolutly no one, can make Bohemian Rhapsody better than how Queen did it.

The flying homo! Recognized Member Giga Guess's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Contributions to Eizon project

That's sacrilage...

Many thanks Christmas!
    Horniest Member, 2007! Gimme a little unf unf!

Blog Entries

Yeah exactly my thought...

Someone actually tried to cover that song? Blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybayman
    Maybe that's just me and my bias for rock/alternative/metal/hardcore/etc, and actual musicianship. I never could get down with the gangsta/homeboy image, rap or R&B, or techno, or whatever.
    I don't see how people confuse R&B and rap. I guess it's because both are primarily African-American dominated.

I don't want to get into a whole long debate about why they're actually different (for one, R&B artists can actually sing), but R&B is more about love. It's the primary topic in R&B, songs in any R&B album are primarily all love. In rap albums, some are about gangstas, hoes, and even real life drama.

But rap and rock are actually much more similar than you might think.

R'nB is really just a general term for whatever music is currently popular with the African American community. R'nB from the 50s and 60s doesn't sound a thing like modern R'nB. 50s and 60s R'nB was really a fusion of rock and roll with classic I-IV-V blues. 70s and 80s R'nB is the classic Motown sound. Modern R'nB is heavily soul dominated, having lost really any semblence of 'rhythm' or 'blues'.

Except for that song Nas did with his dad.

But give me Muddy Waters or Taj Mahal any day.