Thread: The Simpsons

Default The Simpsons

Question!

Do you think that the series is going downhill?
    I loved Seasons 2-13~14 and possibly 15 but this season just blows. Season 1 was pretty bad too. Do you think that the series sucks now? I heard about a 2009/20th Season for the finale but I think it just might be canceled before then if the episodes just keep on sucking.
    Final Fantasy XI:
    Name: Scarmiglione
    Lv. 17 Red Mage (I'm newer)
    Currently Stuck at: Valkurm Dunes

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

It isnt going downhill, it's gone. Long before 13 I think, in fact probably around 9 is when it started to dive, and it's gotten worse and worse. They really need to let it end. I havent watched many episodes (new ones at least, I always watch reruns) in years.

I've never been one to watch new episodes, simply because I don't watch Sunday night TV ever. I watch exclusively re-runs, and what were the new episodes 2-3 years ago that are now being shown don't really seem to be as horrible as some people think they are.

But I think all-around, the series does need to come to an end.

I still like it.
    Of course, I don't automatically hate everything that's not as good as old stuff, though.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's still funny, just not as good as the older stuff. I like it still. I probably will ALWAYS like The Simpsons. Unless they did something like replaced Homer with some responsible father... or Avril Lavigne.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rye
    Unless they did something like replaced Homer with some responsible father... or Avril Lavigne.
    HOW DARE YOU

i think that they are all out of ideas (good ones) thats why that the show is starting to blow big ones

To be forgoten is worse than death
    ~freya~

Something I have noticed is that the newer episodes have less funny moments than the older episodes. Right around seasons 3-9, each and every line was quotable and priceless. Now, there are a few good jokes, but not as many as there used to be. Still, even mediocre Simpsons episodes are better than 95% of what else of on.

Take care all.

Ciddieless since 2004

I do think that it's going downhill too. It's just not as funny as it used to be. But one thing that really bugs me is that the sound quality has gone down too. Sometimes it's hard to even make them out. Maybe that's just a sign that my ears need to be de-waxed again...
    Money, power, sex... and elephants.
    -- Capt. Simon Illyan, ImpSec

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

I always try to watch it at 6pm on channel 4, I still find it funny, but i dont think its as popular as it used to be. I hope it stays mind.

Yeah i watch it at 6 on ch 4 to.
    Heaven wont have me and Hell thinks ill take over