Thread: That young Hermy is a hotty, she is! /Joking

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Default That young Hermy is a hotty, she is! /Joking

I have a dilemna. Here lately I've managed to read the first 3 Harry Potter books. I've seen the movies previously in the theaters. Now as I'm up to the 4th one, I'm not sure what to do. Do I keep my tradition and wait for the 4th movie to come out or should I just go ahead and read the rest of the books now? I'm thinking I should just go ahead and read them, but I'm always a little nostalgic about things and think maybe I should see the movie first. Oh, woe is me!

You won't enjoy the movies as much if you read the books I expect. Good books though. Your choice.

As for that Hermione chick, give her a few years and she'll be a bit alright.
    [leeza]Total sig height should not be over 250 pixels, including all text.[/leeza]

Read the fourth one, Watch the movie and see what you think. Carry on with whatever method you enjoyed more. The books are more enjoyable than the movie so Id probably recommensd read first, view second.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Strife
    As for that Hermione chick, give her a few years and she'll be a bit alright.
    Agreed. *attach*
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

I'm more interested in sexing Fred Weasley.

Read the book first.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Hermoine is kinda ugly, but that's just me.

I don't really like the Harry Potter movies. The first wasn't bad, but the 3rd was HORRIBLE.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Horrible? The third was wonderful I thought, it was the first one to work on actually making itself a stand alone movie and not just a carbon copy of the book.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Doomsday
    Ugh, Hermione fanboys.
    It could be worse. On one forum that my brother posted at, this guy used to draw naked pictures of the actress who plays her and post them frequently. They didn't even ban him, apparently.

I'd read the book first, theundeadhero, as I think you could have a long wait for the movie.

responing to Abominatrix-
    Isnt thet what they were meant to be ?
    I hated it though. The acting was just so hard to sit through.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Why would I need a carbon copy of the book when I have the book?

As far as acting goes, understood, but the acting in the third is far better than the acting in the first two. The third one has gorgeous cinematography and works on being far more than a "Harry Potter" movie. That's all the first two have going for them, the name.

Why would I need a carbon copy of the book when I have the book?
    Because it was an easy sale I guess. When people are such huge fans Ì guess they just about always want a movie out of fandom. If that wasnt the intention I think the directors would have hired the main characters for skill instead of resemblance to the characters.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

Yeah, that's what I'm saying. They rely on it being a good movie simply because of name. It's like Final Fantasy. If a game is bad, it's still gonna sell because of the name attached. It may cause thousands of fans to bitch incessantly for years after, but 90% of them will still buy the next game, just because of the FF name.

Now dont get me wrong. I very much enjoy the Harry Potter movies. I liked the first one even though, when I first watched it, I had prejudged HP as kiddy crap and never picked up the book. I just really admire the third movie for trying to be more when it clearly didnt have to.

As for the acting, yeah the kids arent super, but they're getting better. The adults, however, are wonderful, both in resembelance to the characters and skill.

Now dont get me wrong. I very much enjoy the Harry Potter movies. I liked the first one even though, when I first watched it, I had prejudged HP as kiddy crap and never picked up the book. I just really admire the third movie for trying to be more when it clearly didnt have to.
    tou-ché. I really like the hippogrif flying over the lake. That was really nice though I hoped Harry would fall off before it reached half way rather than yelling "yahoo!" like an idiot.

Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The (SPOILER)time travel scenes were gorgeous... with the camera panning out through the clock and whatnot. And yeah, Harry did annoy me with that, but eh, he annoys me with most of what he does.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

whatever floats your boat.
    Hermione does.
    *the attached picture*
    Oh, man. Oh, man! Be careful with that! I am in the land of "low standards".
    I liked the first one even though, when I first watched it, I had prejudged HP as kiddy crap and never picked up the book.
    I was the same way. When I went to see the first movie it was because I was "hallucinating" and thought it would be cool. I liked it. I went to the second one and was kinda dissapointed. It seemed bland. It was more of a time filler than something enjoyable. I saw the third one when I was in Georgia and terribbly lonely, and bored. I like it and of course planned to see the fourth movie even before picking up the books.