Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That young Hermy is a hotty, she is! /Joking

Recognized Member TheAbominatrix's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You

The second one is a bit bland because it's really the worst of the books. Compared to the book, it's really good. They managed to make it entertaining.

I only watched the first movie because my brothers made me... I had gotten a bad sunburn on my feet and couldnt leave the couch to run and hide xD. I'm glad it happened, though.

I liked the second book...not my fave, but I didn't think it was boring or anything. The fifth one dissapointed me--I didn't like the ending. I thought it was rushed, (SPOILER)and the whole mystery behind the prophecy wasn't worth the buildup. What did we learn--that Neville could have been the "boy who lived"? Whoopdee-doo, that really progresses the plot. Also, Sirius's whole death scene happened to fast for my liking.....the final parting should have been more emotional. He was a great character, and I feel that his potential was totally stolen from the series. Just--BAM--wiped out of existence....no last words to remember him by or anything...*sniff*

As for whether to read or watch the movies first....I recommend reading first. You'll understand the movies better, and you'll get to scream, "OH, I REMEMBER THAT FROM THE BOOK!!!" like a total idiot, like I did, lol.

Also, its a verrrrrry long time to wait.
    THE MEW HATH NO NEED OF A SIG >:3

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I finished the 4th in the past two days between working. At first it seemed weird, not seeing the movie first, but about a 3rd of the way into it I stopped noticing. Then end was definately a lot better than the beginning. I really don't want to wait for the 5th movie to come out so I might as well read that one too. And then... .... I have to wait anyway for the 6th one. *sigh*

you'll get to scream, "OH, I REMEMBER THAT FROM THE BOOK!!!" like a total idiot, like I did, lol.
    Maybe I already scream like in idiot about the books at the movies, even though I've never read the book. Maybe.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rye

I don't really like the Harry Potter movies. The first wasn't bad, but the 3rd was HORRIBLE.
    I loved the 3rd movie, whereas I strongly disliked the first two. And my expectations were pretty darn high, especially with Alfonso Cuarón at the head of the project, but I wasn't disappointed.

It's the only Harry Potter movie that even comes close to being a worthy adaptation of the book.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

The third movie was actually interesting, instead of just being pretty scene cuts. It was a lot darker, which is a good direction to take, because that's how the books end up:P

Read the book. Otherwise you won't get to read tehs eventh one for ten more years.