Thread: Nameless= a Hero ?

Nameless= a Hero ?

I've been thinking recently about theconcept of heroism -what is a hero ? The movie "Hero " got me thinking about this over the past few weeks , as ( apart from being jaw-droppingly awesome with some of the most beautiful and spectacular visuals you're ever likely to see) the underlying theme of the movie is heroism- indeed the struggle of the man called Nameless. The movie concludes , leaving us to decide for ourselves who really was the hero of the story.

Some could argue Nameless really was the hero- he trained for an intense 10 years to become the best, all for a very noble cause - to avenge his people.However ,the fact he didn't fulfill his original aim (though obviously not cowardice - he faces an entire army !) could allow some to question his " heroism " - his " failure " to complete his intended mission could be considered heroic , as he realized that by killing the king and thus avenging himself, the country would be plunged into another civil war , which would only result in more bloodshed.This way ,Nameless could be considered noble as by not fulfilling his original intentions , he would be ensuring that peace and stability reigned - he put the lives of millions before his own ambitions. I think this was basically saying that violence is notthe only answer. On the other hand ,Nameless could be called a selfish and rather underhand person , whose elimination of Sky , Sword and Snow , opponents of his target was really his way of ensuring that the king faced no opposition as the country's supreme ruler. This way he killed any hope of freedom for the other five nations and gave the king the key to total tyranny.

Either way just try to come to your own conclusions onthis one.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

He wasn't a hero. No one was a hero. I don't see how going back on what he intended makes him a hero. He put himself into that situation entirely.

That said the movie sucked and I hated the use of colors.

Isnt the saying something like, Ask for a hero and I'll tell you a tragedy? Something like that. I can understand it but I get the feeling someone just said that because it sounded cool. I really want to see the movie. Its tarantinos right? If it can live up to Kill Bill 1 then Ill probably love it.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Tarantino did nothing to the film. He is just they guy that worked to get it over to the united states.

Yeah I hate the way that in the adverts they have "presented by Quintin Tarintino" in giant letters.

And the movie? It was alright but it doesnt touch Crouching tiger Hidden dragon.
    Word/s.