Thread: Prutton banned, Timm and Pennant jailed.

Default Prutton banned, Timm and Pennant jailed.

Are naughty footballers finally getting their cumuppence.

Mads Timm, the Danish under 21 star, and Man Utd reserve team player, went to prison for 12 months for dangerous driving.

Jermaine Pennant of Birmingham has been jailed for 3 months for driving without a license and being 3 times over the alcohol limit.

David "the idiot" Prutton, has been banned for 10 matches for his threatening behaviour towards the referee and linesman after two silly tackles resulted in his sending off.

Good! It's about time footballers realised that they are not above the law.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Spykus Hallideus (Cerberus)

good point but theres big time celebs like David Beckham his fame has gone to his head he needs to come back to the Uk and learn that fame doesnt make you the best Spain is less strict with the law than the UK ive noticed

LET THE HAMMER FALL

most big time footballers are big headed and pooey.
    some think that they are higher then everyone else just because they get payed more in a week then most in a year for just kicking an inflated pigs bladder about.
    i think that they should be punished just as others are.

Trust No one

Quote Originally Posted by Shoden
    good point but theres big time celebs like David Beckham his fame has gone to his head he needs to come back to the Uk and learn that fame doesnt make you the best Spain is less strict with the law than the UK ive noticed
    Yeah, but David Beckham isn't breaking any laws by having a big head.

Quote Originally Posted by boris no no
    most big time footballers are big headed and pooey.
    some think that they are higher then everyone else just because they get payed more in a week then most in a year for just kicking an inflated pigs bladder about.
    i think that they should be punished just as others are.
    That's true to a certain extent. There certainly does seem to be a feeling amongst the public, that if you are famous, not even necessarily a footballer, just a celeb, you get special treatment when you break the law.

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Sark
    Mads Timm, the Danish under 21 star, and Man Utd reserve team player, went to prison for 12 months for dangerous driving.

Jermaine Pennant of Birmingham has been jailed for 3 months for driving without a license and being 3 times over the alcohol limit.
    That seems alittle unfair to me.

12 months for dangerous driving, but only 3 for being completly arseholed and 3 times over the legal limit!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by NM

12 months for dangerous driving, but only 3 for being completly arseholed and 3 times over the legal limit!
    I think it's because Pennant wasn't actually being dangerous. Yes, I agree that he a danger, being that many times over the limit, but technically he didn't do any driving acts that were a danger to others' lives, although I have little doubt that he would have done, were he not caught.

Anyway, I welcome such news. Footballers do live a glamorous lifestyle - a bit too glamorous if you ask me. Basically, they're all rich chavs who think they're above the law...well, chavs think they're above the law too but I suspect footballers think their fame makes them even morew above the law...and this is a recipe for disaster.

Mads Timm was involved in a race along a busy road and the car he was driving crashed in to one coming the other way seriously injuring the innocent driver. Like Psy said, noone was actually hurt in the Pennant case. One of Timm's passengers had to be cut from the wreckage, it was that serious. The judge said that it was a miracle no one was killed.

Ah! Didn't know that.