Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: least fav character

Either Strago, Gau, or Setzer. Setzer and Gau spent pretty much equivical time and my party- and that was when it was required.
    Sigless

i'ma go w/ Relm. i don't really find her useful @ all, and her Paint ability ain't all that fantastic imo. i think she's just kinda pointless.
    "We already went over this, man. In this business you hafta expect innocent losses. It's a part of war."
    "Don't treat this like it's some trivial matter!!"

I never use Relm or Gau.

Relm, by far.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I thought Control was pretty useful. And Memento Ring is a good relic for some parts.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    I thought Control was pretty useful. And Memento Ring is a good relic for some parts.
    Relm is also a powerfull magic user... if I recall correctly she has the highest Mag stats out of all the characters.

Seriously... why is everyone judging the characters depending on their usefullness in battle and just completely overlooking personality and character development? Umaro is the least developed character AND useless in battle.

The ones I dislike the most are Umaro, Gau and Mog. I found Relm very useful as I am a great lover of Magic. Relm, Terra and Celes make up my team, the fourth character changes between Locke, Edgar and Sabin.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't like Relm and Strago. And I never use Umaro because I love Espers.

Cyan is my favorite, I don't know how so many people hate him...

I didn't like Locke until I had capture, worst character though... I really didn't like Gau or Umaro, I'd rather control my characters than watch them go crazy, so them...

THE JACKEL

I've just remembered something that may save Umaro from complete degredation. He is the only character who can use physical attacks on tha Tower of Fanatics without having to have Berserk cast upon them. I usually take a party of three low-level characters and Umaro and watch him obliterate the enemies without me even having to lift a finger.

Because of the previous post I'm saving Umaro from being my pick. Now I'll go with Strago, because he just is horrible.
    OMFG RMDB ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!

I don't like General Leo because you only get to use him for one fight... then he dies.
    what a wuss...
    -BuzzSaw-

I think that in general the fairer sex was very poorly represented in this game. Terra was a pretty good fighter, but emotionally, she was a weakling - I didn't like her at all until she decided to fight for the children, as it were. Celes is too much of a hard-ass, and was hard to love on a personal level, and Relm...well, take her or leave her, I don't care.

In any case, I actually think that my least favorite character is Strago, or at least, he's the one I use the least.

Also, I'm going to give a shout-out to Gau - when you actually spend some time with him on the Veldt (okay, a lot of time), he can be pretty invaluable. The last time I played through, I made him a member of my Dream Team. He also can become a fairly powerful magician. You just have to nurture him a little.

Default worthless

Ok first off my most useless character is Relm. Sketch is terrible. the only use control has is for stragos lores so toss that out cause he is 3rd worst in my list.

Also the idea of a LITTLE nurturing for Gau. give me a break!!!! You could spend eons on the veldt and he would still be a nearly worthless character. It isn't the fact that some of the rages wont do incredible stuff it's the fact that the Incredible stuff only happens once in a thousand rounds and the other 999 rounds are almost worthless (exageration). Gau doesnt even make it into my Kefkas tower party. he and Relm stay on the damn airship and babysit each other.

Oh come on guys, give Relm a break. She's THE best magic user in the game (better than both Terra and Celes). Trying to level her up as a fighter would be incredibly stupid because she doesn't make good one. Best to level up what she's good at. I never use the special skills too much other than Terra's and maybe Edgar's. The worst character to me would be Celes. I found her quite annoying and she took too much of the spotlight away from Terra, who was an amazing character. I didn't like Strago very much either.