Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: which one is cooler dark knight cecil or paladin cecil

If it was a contest of who had better stats, Paladin would take it easy. However, I liked Dark Knight Cecil much more than the Paladin.
    "I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I do!!!!!"
    -The Wheelchair

Articles

Dark Knight Cecil looked nice alongside Kain in a party of two, but a strong physical attacker with the ability to heal himself and his teammates is quite a nice addition to the party, as others have said. A Knight with a good Spirit/Mag/whateverthestatisthatcontrolsmagicpowerinFF4 stat and a healthy stock of MP, who could cast the highest levels of white magic would be nearly unstoppable. It's probably a good think Cecil's White Mage characteristics are more akin to a side job.

I think the dark warrior is cooler, but the paladdin is necesary.

The first time I've played, the change really disappoint me (My
    main character became gay!!!!!!!! ) )

So , I would like to have the choise about the way to finish the game (like Crono Trigger), between the Dark Warrior or the Paladdin.

The DarkKnight Cecil would be USELESS if you had kept him throughout the entire game. Many things are Dark Elemental later on, and he would heal them. Plus, he NEVER gains ANY more abilities!! So even though he looks kewl, The Paladin whips him in terms of skills and stuff. But the DarkKnight looks cooler
    www.freewebs.com/kainsff4place

Dark knight is cooler. Cecil literally looks like a CLOWN when he is a paladin. As far as usefulness goes, the paladin wins... but that wasn't the question now was it?

Paladin Cecil is not only cooler, but a billion times better than dark knight cecil any day.

Why?

He covers hurt characters, and has twice as much HP as his dark knight counterpart, soaking up the dammage for all of his hrut teammates, if the physical atacks are hard.

People don't realise that Cure 2 used on himself is incredibly useful when fighting enemies with mostly physical attacks. Heal cecil only with cure 2 while he is soaking up the hits, giving rosa a chance to power up for a big full party cure. Paladin Cecil has saved the party so many times with his cover ability I can barely even begin to count!

Paladin Cecil >>>>>>>>> Dark Knight Cecil.

Blog Entries

You'd never get any new equipment for a dark knight. Good luck fighting those zombies wearing Black! Aha ha ha, hardy har har!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Kain.

I guess Paladin Cecil is cooler in both looks and combat. Though I still like the dark armor he wears as a knight.
    "If only I were a woman" -Some guy in Fable

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Being a homo sapien mamillian biped, both Dark Knight and Paladin Cecil have an internal temperature of 37 degrees Celcius. Neither is cooler than the other apart from slight fluctuations due to illness/extreme environment conditions.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Looks-wise: nothing competes with Dark Knight Cecil. In fact, no character throughout the genre can compare except maybe the Dark Knight from FF2 and the Dark Knight Dresspheres from FFX-2.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx Power
    Being a homo sapien mamillian biped, both Dark Knight and Paladin Cecil have an internal temperature of 37 degrees Celcius. Neither is cooler than the other apart from slight fluctuations due to illness/extreme environment conditions.
    The Dark Knight would have been fighting fever and dehydration constantly, with all that heavy, dark armor.

BeLIEve me! My name is...something..?'s Avatar

Dark Knight Cecil, even if he is weaker.
    The itching sensation is a good thing.

Hmm. Now how did I know you were going to say that Twilight .

If you're just going by coolness factor and nothing else, I think an NPC you met early in the game sums it all up for me:

"Wow! The Dark Knight! A bit scary! ...But cool!"
    Look, I'm a strange person. When I was younger, nothing used to make me laugh any harder then when somebody made fun of me. Unfortunatly for me, my mockers looked at me strangely and stopped when I did this. Go figure.

Paladin Cecil all the way. He looks cooler (At leas his sprite does) and he kicks more ass. What else could you want?