Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: your fav ff1 class/team

Fighter is my favorite class. Just because they're so strong. My favorite team though would have to be Fi/Bm/Wm/Thief. Its a nice mix of everything and doesn't make the game too easy or too hard.
    OMFG RMDB ROXORZ TEH BIG ONE111!

Quote Originally Posted by DocFrance
    Has anybody ever tried the 8BT party (Fi/RM/Th/BM)? It's tough, since you don't have a good white mage and thus access to spells like HARM and FADE, but it's doable.
    Did on my first try. Was'nt too hard, but not too easy.

Thanks to Sagensyg for the sig!

I enjoy the simple things of picking two melee and 2 mages doesn't matter which but a white mage and fighter are neccesary if you are looking for the easiest combo. But that fighter is making me bankrupt

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Right on!! I am actually working on a remake, and I happened to notice that Kary is weak against the STUN class of spells (which includes Mute and Fear). I never knew that before, but sure enough--if you use FEAR on Kary, there's a pretty good chance she'll run away!
    There is something wrong with a boss being able to run...

lets say my fav. class are "vivi's" ;-)
    I like to play RM/BM/BM/BM, low defense but immense offensive magicpower

I all started out with the idea that I was going to calculate the best team to use... Came up with 2 monks, white mage, and red mage.

Reason why is because monks do obsidiuous damage, white mages have healara and full - life, and red mages can haste/temper and mop up weak enemies with spells yet still fight.

If I started over I would swap one of the monks for a warrior because you can only buff up one monk at a time with one red mage anyways and warriors would be strong enough to kill most enemies in one hit with a higher defense to take less damage at the front.

But What I eventually figured out is that it almost doesn't matter what you pick. By the end of the game my monks were mopping up 9 enemies at a time with a flare staff (~400 damg each) and healing the party for 150 with the rune staff, my white mage was doing 1500+ damage with the ultima sword, and none of my characters took much damage from all but the strongest enemies. Long before that my red mage could kill 90% of the enemies I fought in one hit.

If I was going to say 1 character was necessary (and only for SOC), they would have to be White mage - Because of healaga (and other heal spells early in the game) and life 2 which you cant get through any other means. And really just need these for bosses, and not even the main storyline bosses. Only the SOC bosses are hard enough to worry about it. (And if your really crafty/persistant you can probably beat them without a white mage - lots of megaelixirs)

PS: Im talking about the GBA version, how can yall play that old junk?! I can draw better pictures on my paint program, and the battles take 10 minutes each..
    Last edited by kriminal99; 03-24-2005 at 10:22 AM.

Blog Entries

Why would you play that new junk?

Your Red Mage kills 90% or enemies in one hit, and magic items used reeatedly by anybody do 400 damage?

It sounds like a waste of time. I'd rather look in the mirror and tell myself how great I am for a few hours.

But honestly. If the game is so ridiculously simple that it doesn't matter which poarty you use, you should play something else. Like football. Against 3 year old girls.

Come on that was cruel.
    Why can't you old school hardcore people play your long infinite games and just sit there while we challenge ourselves with cool graphics and the MP system. What did you have before? Plus we can challenge ourselves with 1 RM play.
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Quote Originally Posted by Martyr
    Why would you play that new junk?

Your Red Mage kills 90% or enemies in one hit, and magic items used reeatedly by anybody do 400 damage?

It sounds like a waste of time. I'd rather look in the mirror and tell myself how great I am for a few hours.

But honestly. If the game is so ridiculously simple that it doesn't matter which poarty you use, you should play something else. Like football. Against 3 year old girls.
    Yeah but theres a difference between difficulty and and just blatant mindless persistance. Or extreme unblancedness and systems that make many spells useless.

difficulty isn't worth the terrible graphics, music or worst of all the REALLLLLYY LOOOONG BATTTTLE sequences. 5 minute battles are suck.

Anyways if you want a harder game you can do it yourself:
    1) Don't play the minigame
    2) Don't use the SOC dungeons because they give too many uber items
    3) Play one of the challenges like solo character or all the same character.

Blog Entries

But I already play older games with 1 character.

I enjoy the music and the graphics. (I can understand why you might not in most cases, but, come on. The new graphics are simply better. It isn't 3D or anything. I really can't see how it would matter.)

The battles don't take 5 minutes. You're obviously taking this longest battle from your experience and attacking me with it. The only reason a battle might take a turn or two longer would be either because of difficulty or because of incompetence on the players part. (Or it's a boss battle, whereas it'll be a long battle no matter what game you're playing. Or else, again, it probably isn't a game worth playing).

I'll stick to those points. I'm sure you'll stick to yours.

But, I have a pro:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:
    Let's shut up about it. There will eternally be a battle between the value of Old School vs. New School, and it won't be solved in this thread.

Say what you want about your parties, strategies and whatever else. But don't knock the old school stuff. Not unless it applies to your point. Which it doesn't, right now.

<--Favorite Class

Favorite Team [/!] F/Th/WM/BM sometimes I'll substitue a BB for the Th.

By far, my favorite team is Fighter, Fighter, Fighter, Fighter. The other classes are good too, but none of them can compete with the allure of Fighter's swords.
    "I'll get you, Eh! Steve, if it's the last thing I do!!!!!"
    -The Wheelchair

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder
    My favorite class is Knight and my favorite team is Fighter/Thief/White Mage/Black Mage.
    too lazy to state the already stated

With the new and old school wars I think DOS should have a way thta you can pick between the old version or the new version so that they can add more changes
    Fi/th/rm/wm
    fi*3/wm
    "Swordchucks Yo." - Fighter

"Every time I cast Hadoken it siphons a little bit of love out of the world to create a massive destructive explosions. They say the divorce rate goes up with each cast." - BM

How many swords could sword chucks chuck if sword chucks could chuck swords? Same goes with Nuns! :rolleyes2

"I cast Ice-9!" -RM

"I can steal stuff that isn't even there" -Thief (Yet he can't steal in the game)

Am I the only one who has a monk? Seriously, His damage is higher then the Warrior's. My Monk is level 28 and my Warrior is level 29, The Monk averages about 364 and my warrior averages 284. The only downside to monk is relitivly low hp.
    You can't say crap without the rap.