Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FF9- Best FF? or Worst?

ffix is my favorite by far. it was also the first ff game i ever played, so i think that's probably why i love it so much. it's great with all the things from the past ffs. i really like the mini-game tetra master. and it's great that tetra master is in ffxi, too! ^_^

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I would tell you my opinion, but a staff member who doesn't feel the same will probably ban me, so I won't.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Quote Originally Posted by DMKA
    I would tell you my opinion, but a staff member who doesn't feel the same will probably ban me, so I won't.
    I have to back this, it happens alot.
    Anyway I like it, shame people who hate it just have to make such a big fanfare about it.

"NPC: Sorry this house is sealed off because of Blight"

I loved it.

A Perpetual X-Phile ShivaBlizzard8's Avatar

Not the best, but certainly not the worst. Its up on my top 5, I'd say.

Default Favourite :D:D

Final Fantasy 9 is definately my favourite ff game, it's my best game of all time even. I dunno why it just takes me in with the storyline, In my opinion it is better than 7 but their are some things in 7 that are better than 9 and vise versa

"How Do you prove we exist?, maybe we don't exist"

Rally Ho !!~~
    Rally Ho !!~~

In my opinion its an underrated jem, mainly passed over because the PS2 and FFX came right after it.
    I certainly liked it a lot better then FF VIII

I was severely dissapointed with FF IX. It surely did not live up to the standards set by FF VI, FF VII and FF VIII. The graphics were not improved from FF VIII, and although graphics don't necessarily make or break a game per se, the lack of any improvement overall dissapointed me. The characters appeared to be ridiculously unrealistic. Zidane is without a doubt the worst main character of any FF. He possessed none of the qualities that make a great hero. In my opinion, the only 'good' character in the game was Vivi. The plot was unoriginal, being partially ripped off from the Japanese anime Vision of Escaflowne. The bosses of the game were very uninspiring and non-menacing. Kuja was a dork, and a terrible villain. Garland was decent, but lacked the raw power to ever be considered a true villain. I'm sorry, but these two were nothing but random lackeys compared to the likes of Sephiroth, Kefka and Seifer. It was a decent game, but not anything I would ever consider playing again.

FFIX is my second favorite. first is XI.
    U L T I M A T E

S P A M

G R O V E R

PLD75/BLU52/WAR51-Titan Server
    FFXI/Dojo Adventure Xanga

FFIX is just kind of there, nobody talks about it and nobody really states their opinions much about it either.
    [leeza]Sig is over the 50 kb filesize limit.[/leeza]

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

I'm playing it again right now...first time since like, the month it came out. It's really fun, and who knows, I may end up liking it alot more now, because I just played FFVIII again and it's one of my favorites now.

For the time being I'd say it ranks on the lower half of my list though. It's a good game, but I just like many of the other FFs better.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by m4tt
    It's definatly not the worst, that title belongs to FFVIII.
    I think so too. I have never actually completed VIII fully yet, because each time I play it I get bored. Maybe when I complete it fully my opinion may change... meh.

Quote Originally Posted by m4tt
    But I think it's one of the best.
    Yeah FFIX is one of the best. I was hooked on the game as soon as I got it. I played it every night till I'd completed it, and when I completed it, I did it all over again. I enjoyed the game a lot, but I'm stuck for a favourite between VII, IX and X.

FFIX rules. Overall, my favorite FF and IMHo the third best one. Second only to FFVI and FFVII, of course.

Zidane is THE BEST main hero. He isn't "OMFG SO ANGSTY", he is cool, he trusts on himself (a little bit too much, but still), he doesn't use a big sword, he doesn't have yaoi tendency, his relationship with Dagger is great. Etc. Zidane > Squall. In every freaking way.

Dagger is one of the best love interest of the main hero. She isn't brunette like Aeris and Rinoa, she doesn't try to change Zidane (at least she doesn't do it on purpose), she isn't dependant of the main hero (not as much as Rosa and Rinoa, that's sure), she actually thinks, and to finish, she is not related to the FInal Boss xD Dagger > Rinoa. Forever and ever. And ever. And ever. AND EVER.

The other characters are very good overall. Vivi is arguably the best Final Fantasy character ever. He has a HUGE development. Freya is pertty good overall, but she dissapoints a little bit. Quina is AWESOME, his/her simple point of view of the world charms everyone. Eiko is pretty good too, even though she could use another thing instead of White Magic. Amarant... I don't like him, but he is cool, as well. Steiner, he is VERY good, specially in the beginning, when he is SO annoying.

Kuja. He is the villain. He is actually "human". He is so much better than Seifer (IMO the worst villain Fianl Fantasy ever had). Kefka owns Kuja, sure, but Kuja is awesome, anyway. Sure, he doesn't have -the- power, like Sephiroth, but power isn't everything. He has a very good character development, specially after his Trance and in the very end.

Garland isn't that good, but he isn't the principal villain. But he could be bettter.

And for gameplay, side quests and etc. Abilities System OWNS Junction and Sphere Grid, IMHO. It loses to Magicite and Materia, but Abilities are -SO- fun and simple to understand. The side quests are addictive (Hot and Cold = INTASNT WIN with Fatality included). The continents are good, the cities and kingdoms are, as well.

Storyline. Oh my god. It is so good. Starts simple, then it thickens, more and more, until end of CD 2. Then the plot reaches its climax. Bahamut destroying Queen Brahne is -THE SCENE-.

Along with other things. FFIX deserves 200 out of 100.
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

Blog Entries

Final Fantasy IX is my second favorite, the number #1 spot belongs to Final Fantasy VII. Just my opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yugo
    I love the story and characters. Zidane has to be one of my favorite characters in FF history (perverts anyone?). I think it has a lot of humor in the beginning but then he starts dieing off and getting (god forbid) serious! For me, it probably ties 7.
    Yeah just like 8 it start's all serious (or at least squall does) then he goes all mushy and in lovey.