Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FF9- Best FF? or Worst?

I think that since these are opinions, we can't know for sure if it's the best or not. But I think FF6 is clearly the best Final Fantasy game EVER! Now I love FFIX but it comes in second place for me because it is incredibly old school-ish and had a gripping storyline with a very medieval feel to it. The score was flawless as well. It is the second best in my opinion.

FF IX was in my opinion alright but it does not compare to FF7 and FF8, i enjoyed those two games better than 9. But the worst FF ever has got to be FFX-2 i mean they screwed up big time on this game, but like i said it's my opinion tho. but FFX for me is one of my all time favourites along with 7 and 8

alright i loved IX and it was the first FF i actually played all the way through, so thats bonus points....but hen you look at the pure garbage that followed it that bumps it up a few more pegs, so yea it's one of the best.................dont even lecture me about that garbage remark, i've tried to play X many times and end up quiting right before i put my fist through the screen, graphics aren't everything shut up hippies!

I absolutely agree, graphics are nothing, look at FF6. Best FF ever yet it has very gay graphics compared to today's standards. FF7 is absolutely over-rated, it sold a whole bunch of millions of copies so everyone has it and everyone has played it, that's the only reason why people say it's the best, it has nothing special really. It's a bit of them same for FFX, it was one of the best-selling games for the PS2, more people had it, more people liked it and so the general opinion was, it's the best because it's the first/only one I played. Now don't get me wrong, it's a good game, but it reminds me of FF7 quite alot. FFIX is absolutely a good game, people who think it isn't either don't know [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] about games or they just don't like medieval situations in games.

Yeah FF IX was a little too medievil-ish for my tastes. Plus i just hated Zidane, the animal man. Personally i thought that ruined Zidane, the fact that he had a tail. And aside from that I thought he was a broad when i looked at the case. Dont get me wrong, eventually i will get it but its just a matter of when...... when i get the money of course, cause pretty soon, EB wont even be sellin it. But bein the person I am. Ill have to have it sooner or later.

Calling FF7 Overated i mean like hell!!! just because it sold millions doesn't mean it's overated! thats because it is one hell of a great FF and loads of fan really appreciated this great game, it is in my opinion one of the best or if thee best!!... And as for 9 didnt sell as much as 7 so goes to show that 7 is way better than 9. so dont diss..

I really enjoyed it but i do not think that is the best.
    PEACE
    and
    LOVE

Gosh, i'm sorry you're so ignorant. Did you see how much FF7 had advertising? FF7 sold so many copies because of it's advertising that it almost single-handedly made S-E what it is now. Ever looked at the facts? FF7 released at the beginning of the PS run. It was one of the only RPGs. It came from a successful SNES franchise. It had [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] loads of advertising. Now, why do you think FF8 didn't sell as well, because it was worst? No, because people were disappointed with FF7 so they didn't bother buying more. PERIOD. People say FF7 is the best because it's the only one they have or the only one they have played or also the only one they heard about. People who don't know [img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img][img]/xxx.gif[/img] about games say it's the best, it is clearly an overrated statement. Get your facts right. You can like it for your opinion, but don't say it's the best just cause you think so.

FF9 Freaking pisses me off. Whats the point of having monsters with items that you can't actually steal? Some monsters I tried stealing stuff with zidane and went like 200 rounds before I realized that it wasn't like other ff7 games where it just takes quite a few tries to be able to steal stuff from harder monsters. These same monsters I could steal from easily when I had my whole party with me rather than just zidane. But then I got to the antlion boss and couldn't steal his golden crown/helmet thing after some humongous number of tries. Which was really annoying because he would use this attack which lowers all your characters hp to like 5 and gives them all darkness every couple of turns. THis caused me to go through all of my recovery items just about...

Then theres battles that you automatically lose... I HATE that, and I just got done playing star ocean 2... Its so rediculous when you have enemies that you beat the heck out of them or could beat the heck out of them and then the story line kicks in and it just pretends like you lost the battle.

Quote Originally Posted by kriminal99
    FF9 Freaking pisses me off. Whats the point of having monsters with items that you can't actually steal? Some monsters I tried stealing stuff with zidane and went like 200 rounds before I realized that it wasn't like other ff7 games where it just takes quite a few tries to be able to steal stuff from harder monsters. These same monsters I could steal from easily when I had my whole party with me rather than just zidane. But then I got to the antlion boss and couldn't steal his golden crown/helmet thing after some humongous number of tries. Which was really annoying because he would use this attack which lowers all your characters hp to like 5 and gives them all darkness every couple of turns. THis caused me to go through all of my recovery items just about...

Then theres battles that you automatically lose... I HATE that, and I just got done playing star ocean 2... Its so rediculous when you have enemies that you beat the heck out of them or could beat the heck out of them and then the story line kicks in and it just pretends like you lost the battle.
    About stealing. You got -very- unlucky. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. I never had problems with Stealing. I have Thievery doing 1500~2000 damage WHEN I GET IT. I manage to steal Lani's Gladius in 3red attempt, and Coral Sword on the 7th. Rarer items are harder to steal, obviously. The only one that I spent a lot of time was.... Masked Man's Mage Masher XDDDD

And the battles you automatically lose against Beatrix (The only ones you automatically lose, anyway. I don't think that Kuja counts, he doesn't use Ultima in the battle itself o.o; ). And Beatrix kicks your ass, always. And, Beatrix doesn't use Stock Break/Climhazzard and make everyone's HP go down to 1 because you damaged her enough. She does that when the battle dured a certain time.
    Quote Originally Posted by yours truly
    Rinoa Heartilly & Squall Leonheart = Isabella Swan & Edward Cullen.

Don't try and argue with it. You know it's true. =O

FF IX is my best followed by VII and X

"How Do you prove we exist?, maybe we don't exist"

Rally Ho !!~~
    Rally Ho !!~~

i totally agree with u kriminal 99 it is annoying on that game when it comes to stealing with zidane and the thing that really makes me laugh about that is the fact he is supposed to be a theif LMAO i mean if you are a theif u at least would be able to steal items off enemies much quicker than any one else :rolleyes2 but no zidane is just a pain in the ass!!!! if u want a world class stealer its Rikku now that is more like it!!!

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

This is my favourite FF along with FF7, how people can like ff8 is beyond me!

yeah, ff9 is my fave (and in my opinion the best, but i have only played 5 of them so what do i know...). i dunno why, it just seems deeper than the rest, it has love, discovery, wanting and basically everything that makes ppl love movies!
    i never liked ff8 from the start and though ff7 was a good game, i was just too in love with ff9 to get into it. so in my opinion ff9 is the best ever ff. in fact i bought this game when i still had my ps1. when i got my ps2 and traded in all my ps1 games, i kept ff9. its (in my opinion) the best game on ps1 and one of the best playable on ps2. and i mean ever.

ps. if anyone disagrees dont get all freaky, as i said this is just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla3001
    yeah, ff9 is my fave (and in my opinion the best, but i have only played 5 of them so what do i know...). i dunno why, it just seems deeper than the rest,
    Actually i disagree. You never realy attached your self to the characters. The game was great in terms of gameplay, but in my opinion it never realy was challenging...it was easier than all the other final fantasies. You said you didnt like ff8, but that was my favourite because the characters were easy to understand.
    Despite this it was a great game. Typical final fantasy. Everything you could expect and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzilla3001
    ps. if anyone disagrees dont get all freaky, as i said this is just my opinion.
    whoops...
    Last edited by thinking of names is hard; 06-05-2005 at 06:09 PM.
    my grandmothers been walking 6 miles a day since she was 63. Now, at the age of 90 shes as fit as an ox....unfortunatly we dont know where she is...

Are you one of those people who never have enough space on their computer? Do what i did-delete windows!!!!