Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: FF9- Best FF? or Worst?

Neither best nor worst, althought I count it as one of the better ones.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

my 2nd or third fave (i havent decided)1st: ff VI. 2nd/3rd: ff IX/ff X-2
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

Its one of my Favourites along with FF VII,
    I think it rocks XD

It's one of my favorite FFs

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I loved FFIX. It was my second FF game (FFIV being the first) and I absolutly loved it.

As to my favorite? Well, I haven't played many other FF games all the way through, but I had a blast with FFIX

Scatter, Senbonzakura... DocFrance's Avatar

It's my favorite new skool FF, and my 2nd favorite over all. Quality gaming that was severely underated.
    ARGUMENT FROM GUITAR MASTERY
    (1) Eric Clapton is God.
    (2) Therefore, God exists.

It was my first Final Fantasy game, and from the moment I put in my PSOne, i was hooked forever. However, its not the best, that title has to go to FFVII or FFVI. Or FF Tactics. FFIX is probably my 4th favorite. As for the worst... FFV.

FFIX is a great game! but it isnt the best on my list, that is probily X, or VII....X-2 was a skrew up! but yea IX is a great game!!

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by wuglendei
    But see i think they dropped the bomb with ARMARENT and QUINNA. Thos chars are really stupid and borring. They arent that important to the story at all. NO PERSONALITYS. jus stupid!
    Yea, those two sure have no personality at all.

Maybe not the best, but my favourite!

Have you ever wished you could live in Gaia?
    Immerse yourself in "FFIX- Crystal World" a new rp site that goes beyond the eight main characters and focuses on what was happening elsewhere in Gaia during the rise and fall of Kuja.
    Site opened recently. Original characters still available

Quote Originally Posted by wuglendei
    But see i think they dropped the bomb with ARMARENT and QUINNA. Thos chars are really stupid and borring. They arent that important to the story at all. NO PERSONALITYS. jus stupid! But still i was jus playing FF3 (the one that was never shopped to north america) and im jus loving it~! I decided my favorite FF is FF3!
    Hey man, don't make fun of Quinna! He may be stupid, but he's awesome! Thats odd for me to say, too, beacause I ussually like dark, mysterious characters (Shadow, Vincent, Auron, ect.) But I couldn't help liking Quina. He eats people, man! Power to cannibalism!

I'm in love with FFIX.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

The first one I bought and still the best.
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Thumbs up

Well, to my opinion, it's really not one of the best among the Final Fantasy series, but it's my favorite. It's kind of in the middle or something. Of course, the first time I played it, I was really hooked to it!

The great graphics, a typical but heart-stealing storyline, great characters (except for Amarant and Quina... it's as if they're almost useless in the game... No offense out there!) and the soothing and almost active music would really intrigue (sp?) you!

But like I say, it's not the worst (For my opinion, FFVIII is the worst of all! NO OFFENSE!!!) but probably, not the best. Actually just one of my favorites!

FFIX was definately one of my favorites... except they screwed up all the character. I couldn't stand Zidane till the last disc. Quinna was annoying. Amarant had tons of potential and was really good but square gave him no story what-so-ever. Garnet just annoyed me for no apparent reason.. Steiner was annoying as hell. Eiko was a brat. The only two welll done characters were Freya and Vivi. But luckily its story, gameplay, and soundtrack make up for it!