Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: FF3!

FF III is a truly awesome game. I've played through it several times. My last run through I actually managed to get 4 FEOKs. Originally in my leveling I got all of my OKs to have 2 swords for more damage and after a while I was getting 21x Hits for 9999 and post 80 I decided to start using the Onion Shields because my damage was maxed even with one sword anyway. With the Shields I was basically impervious to enemy attacks.

Level 99 took for ever even with frame skipping and running around Eureka like mad. It was fun to be able to pwn the last area of the game though.

I'm actually greatly sadened that they would put this on DS. I suppose it's a marketing ploy by Nintendo to get more people to buy the DS just to complete their collection of the games. I can't imagine what they would need to put it on DS for. If FFI and II can be fit onto one cart for GBA then surely FF III does not need to be put on a handheld that can produce the graphics of the N64.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

Putting it on the DS was Square Enix's decision, not Nintendo's, and I imagine they're doing it because they think the game deserves to be remade on a more impressive machine than the GBA. Remember that they put FFI and II on the PlayStation and were considering doing the same for FFIII before it became "too late." The GBA has graphics and sound inferior to those of the SNES, while the DS has graphics superior to those of the N64 and the PlayStation and sound at least superior to that of the N64. I'm sure they'd even prefer to put it on the next GameBoy, which will be visually and aurally superior to the DS, but doing that would mean we'd have to wait that much longer to finally get it.

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Like I've said many times, I only hope that someday we get the game in a form that plays just like the original.

I suppose I understand wanting to put it on a system that is more impressive even if only due to it's audio capabilities but I think I'm probably from the same school of thought at DJZen.

The people that are going to 'rush out' and buy FF III for DS aren't gonna do it because they want flashy graphics and perfect sound quality. People buying FF III are buying it because either they love the game itself or if they haven't played it they love the series and especially the earlier 2D iterations thereof.

I'm with Zen... I just want to be able to play it legally and on a console. I probably differ from Zen in that I don't mind if they update the graphics. I think that WSC/Origins/DoS versions of FF I & II are visually stunning for the 2D games that they are. Putting the game on a more powerful console almost seems like there is a requiste amount of addatives needed.

What will they do with 2 screens? What would you need a stylus for in FF III? How can that make this game truly use even a fraction of the power that the DS has? I fear the answers because I'm afraid they will go overboard in trying to supe up the game to meet the console and the game that I love isn't such a game.

Ten-Year Vet Recognized Member Kawaii Ryűkishi's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator

That's why it'd probably be better in the long run for them to hold out for the next GameBoy, but I'm tired of waiting. If they find some good uses for the DS's special capabilities, though, it may turn out for the best anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawaii Ryűkishi
    Putting it on the DS was Square Enix's decision, not Nintendo's, and I imagine they're doing it because they think the game deserves to be remade on a more impressive machine than the GBA. Remember that they put FFI and II on the PlayStation and were considering doing the same for FFIII before it became "too late." The GBA has graphics and sound inferior to those of the SNES, while the DS has graphics superior to those of the N64 and the PlayStation and sound at least superior to that of the N64. I'm sure they'd even prefer to put it on the next GameBoy, which will be visually and aurally superior to the DS, but doing that would mean we'd have to wait that much longer to finally get it.
    I know that, but I'm just saying it is better off being released for the GBA

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Wow, I sucked it in and went through the mini dungeon...this game picked up so well

so far one of my favorites in the series, though it feels kinda weird.

Remaking the game for the DS instead of the GBA doesn't really bother me, but I really think it should come to the PlayStation too, as having every Final Fantasy from FFI through FFIX, but not FFIII just seem dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble
    What will they do with 2 screens? What would you need a stylus for in FF III?
    I imagine that the top screen will be the normal screen where you move around or fight monsters, while the bottom screen will have the menu screens. Meaning that you won't need to hit the start button whenever you need to change equipment... :rolleyes2.

And yes, FFIII is one of the best FFs. I only hope they will put in an extra save point near the end in the DS version.
    Kweh!?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wuglendei
    EARTHBOUND played and hated.
    Dude, EARTHBOUND is kickass. I cant believe you dont like EARTHBOUND. It is one of my favorite RPGs for the NES. It was funny and fun! Now, I just really dont like Dragon Warrior that much... that was well... err... crap. I know you hate me for that but, i just dont like that game. And dude, the first 6 friggin FF's came out on the Nintendo systems, and if it werent for nintendo, FF would still probably be at FF7 now becasue of the lack of systems. So you should thank Nintendo.

I keep hearing good things about the game, and it's such a shame that it's so realtively unknown in the grand scheme of things.

I doubt I'll be buying it when it's released, if only because I don't want to buy a DS for just one game, but I'm glad that it's *finally* getting released in NA.

Might have to try it on on a rom, though. Just to see what it is I'm missing out on exactly. The lack of information on this game makes it really hard to find out anything about it without actually playing it yourself, it seems.
    Smile. ^_^

Blog Entries

PealRose, I think its DEFINATLEY worth to try this game on a rom!! It is my FAVORITE Final Fantasy out there. It sucks that they never released possibly THE greatest Final Fantasy out there until now. Its a shame, but we have the roms and we will be getting a Wonderswan version of it on the DS. The graphics will be enhanced, and some errors will be fixed, making it a great game! I do like the oldschool graphics a lot though. Also, if u dont have a DS I would buy one, not only for FFIII, but it has amazing features on it and great games so you guys should all get one of these things!

just get a NEs emulator then get the FF3j rom. THAT EASY. i would give u the link for a good rom n emulator site buuuttt i lost the site. I reccamend *spelling* the ZNES emulator but i think thats a SNES emulator. I forget what NES emulator i used. AND BTW EARTHBOUND is poop and i hated the dragon warrior series. Except uhh 3 or 2...one of the ones for the SNES and it wasent warrior it was dragon quest.

I have access to an emulator - playing FF6 right now on it. Good stuff.

I'm really impressed with how much positive feedback FF3's getting. I suppose it's a little surprising that a game that's never been released worldwide has such diehard fans.

I went looking online for some info on the storyline and such, and was horribly confused, until I realized that the 4 main characters are apparently nameless.

Guess I know which FF I'm going to look into playing next. ^^
    Smile. ^_^

HEIDEGGER SI MY BISHI!!!1 DJZen's Avatar

Yup, it's a lot like FFI in that respect, only it's way more fun... I think so anyway. I REALLY hope they get the same translation team that did DoS.

Since i'm too lazy to start my own thread...

(SPOILER)Is there anyway to exit out of the Sylx Tower or Ancient's Labyrinth without just walking all the way out?

I sold my Odin and Leviathian summons before getting to Eureka, can I still buy them because they weren't on the shop list. btw I didn't get bahamut's summon.