Thread: Sage Sundi Interview

My Youtube Page - Full of Capcom vs SNK 2 goodness!
    Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Neeeaww.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

to answer the question however, we won't rule out the possibility of beastmen invading cities
    oh yeah finaly someone listened to my plight!!!
    Audience Question:
    How will Square Enix resolve the issue with the lack of the HDD compatibility with the new model PlayStation 2?
    Millions of the older model HDD-compatible PlayStation 2s are still available and we will continue to support them. Picking up a used or refurbished model is currently the best solution.
    I hate how they answered this one
    I hope SE realise buying a used one means crap.Those things will shut down on you pretty fast.Its like how I think Sony planned for every single playstation to shutdown as soon as PS2 was released.Now teh new thin model..The cross Plat-form idea is nice but this game if it gets bigger and better which I'm hoping.Will soon or later have to just be ont he computer.I heard they were developing a memory card that can hold 60 gigs but i dunno.Just a rumor

Dude of course SE does know that means crap, but heres the thing..WTF can they do? Nothing! They dont make PS2s! Sony does! OMGWTFBBQ!?

Should it ever go PC only, i hope that they will revamp the graphics and many things. FFXI can be SO SO SO MUCH more than what it is now without the PS2 limitation. After all MMOs are designed for PCs...

EDIT: About beastmen vs cities, they prolly try to make it different than EQ's jacked up stuff...where you arent safe in a city. FFXI is all about reinventing things like PvP used in other games and making them different.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Will there be world/account transfer services?

We are considering the future possibility of character transfers between worlds and accounts. Understanding everyone's play styles and their situation is important in making the appropriate decision in when we do implement it. But we are also making sure that any character sales actions cannot be exploited in the system.

^ That would be mighty nice. I hope they allow character transfer sometime in the near future.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

It's interesting, to say the least.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

FFXIV Character

Ella Cinder (Sargatanas)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriel
    Will there be world/account transfer services?

We are considering the future possibility of character transfers between worlds and accounts. Understanding everyone's play styles and their situation is important in making the appropriate decision in when we do implement it. But we are also making sure that any character sales actions cannot be exploited in the system.

^ That would be mighty nice. I hope they allow character transfer sometime in the near future.
    Indeed, so you can get over here in Pandy happy happy land. ^__^

Star gone! Shadow Staffer Recognized Member eternalshiva's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Gun Mage @_@ That sounds like fun '-')/
    Too big.

Quote Originally Posted by lionx
    Dude of course SE does know that means crap, but heres the thing..WTF can they do? Nothing! They dont make PS2s! Sony does! OMGWTFBBQ!?

Should it ever go PC only, i hope that they will revamp the graphics and many things. FFXI can be SO SO SO MUCH more than what it is now without the PS2 limitation. After all MMOs are designed for PCs...

EDIT: About beastmen vs cities, they prolly try to make it different than EQ's jacked up stuff...where you arent safe in a city. FFXI is all about reinventing things like PvP used in other games and making them different.
    I think its because if oyur not a BST or oyu don't prefer duos or trios or nomad PTS and your in a regular PT.Leveling gets repetitive and boring.Makes gameplay boring.Its said that all those newbs in valkrum will quit byt he time htey reach level 15 way befor ethey will eve get to see jeuno.Everytime I was in valkrum i jsu tplayed it safe and formed a PT specificly for nomading.Last night I Gila invite me into a trio her and another BST and they just wanted me to keep up with songs.It was very exciting we were in teh jungles and it was dangerous but I wasn't scared.Also another thing was we had a whole bunch of close calls.When I'm looking for adventure thats What I mean by adventure.Taking the risk.But SE needs to do something about the PS2 problem its there fault for having it cross-platform like that. My cousin's PS2 his old one just went into shut down mod eliterally when we were playing GTA:San Adreas.We got the newer thin version.You see the older models are crap anyway.But I understand that all things break down within time.But come on my sega genesis still works and I treated it like crap when I was 5.So I think its a bit of SE's fault.Now they might lose a ton of customers because the old PS2's are really .Literally leaving the market.Once FF11 PS2 players PS2's break down. They lose the customer which means losing money.So I think SE is doing something about but doesn't wanna say.

Adventure is subjective to the person. LS events and doing stuff with them is enough adventure to me. I dont see what the trio-ing has to do with what i said.

Its not SE's fault that the HDD isnt getting used as much as it should, blame every other game company out there if you want. Because really only FFXI relies on the HDD, its not their fault Sony discontinued them. PS2 breaking down is Sony, SONY, not SE's problem. Its one of the main reasons why PS2 FFXI wasnt released with the PC Version and not released in EU because of Sony. Of course they know the old PS2 being discontinued means loss of money, but what can they do? Talk crap about Sony who has alot of SE's market shares and its their primary console they release their games on?

I dont konw where you get those ideas really.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Adventure is subjective to the person. LS events and doing stuff with them is enough adventure to me. I dont see what the trio-ing has to do with what i said.

Its not SE's fault that the HDD isnt getting used as much as it should, blame every other game company out there if you want. Because really only FFXI relies on the HDD, its not their fault Sony discontinued them. PS2 breaking down is Sony, SONY, not SE's problem. Its one of the main reasons why PS2 FFXI wasnt released with the PC Version and not released in EU because of Sony. Of course they know the old PS2 being discontinued means loss of money, but what can they do? Talk crap about Sony who has alot of SE's market shares and its their primary console they release their games on?

I dont konw where you get those ideas really.
    There you go SE's mistake .They lose money for making it cross-platform.I mean we all knew the harddrives int heold PS2's were being used to download games.Sony got tired of it.So they made the Thinner and "better" PS2.Sony is on a campaign to get rid of all the old ones from the markets.

How is it SE's mistake? First of all, would they have known that Sony would do such a thing? And second, it was to show off Sony's HDD...there was probably some kind of deal for them to do so. This is Sony's foul up IMO, just like the N64 DD, it did not live up to its expectation, and the games made for it was $#%^ed, not SE's fault. After all it is a good buisness deal to go crossplatform outperforming the likes of EQOA, but its not SE's fault that Sony's HDD is so stupid they had to discontinue it. Do you think SE LIKES to say get the old PS2s? I certainetly hope not, as that means they are stupid beyond reason.

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

How is it SE's mistake? First of all, would they have known that Sony would do such a thing? And second, it was to show off Sony's HDD...there was probably some kind of deal for them to do so. This is Sony's foul up IMO, just like the N64 DD, it did not live up to its expectation, and the games made for it was $#%^ed, not SE's fault. After all it is a good buisness deal to go crossplatform outperforming the likes of EQOA, but its not SE's fault that Sony's HDD is so stupid they had to discontinue it. Do you think SE LIKES to say get the old PS2s? I certainetly hope not, as that means they are stupid beyond reason.
    For trusting Sony of course .I never said htey liked to.But the answer should've been more solid.You know they could've worked on something.Because they heard what other software companies were complainging about and Sony gave them an answer.The new and improved thin PS2!!!!!

The fact that software comapnies were complaining about how hte harddrives on the old PS2's were being used. SE should've been more prepared When they released FF11 in other parts of the worldBecause frankly we all saw it coming.but dont listen to me im a idiot.lionx you sure love to argue with me but im too persistent

Well what can they say? What do you wanna hear? I mean really theres only a few ways they can answer.

1.) Get the old PS2
    2.) We are not sure on the issue(this here is DEATH)
    3.) Get the PC version

Be also aware that the PS2 game came with the HDD, and the HDD was released on the same day as the game if i remember right, there was no way they could have known. As for FFXI being released in Japan, maybe the above was their train of thought. But what can they do? Should they not release the PS2 version in NA and lose alot of customers?

I dont argue, i just present my points because that is really what i feel looking at it logically. I just dont agree with what you said because it sounds somewhat unfounded and you havent really thought about being in SE's shoes. If you indeed have something that can prove your point that SE is stupid for releasing FFXI on the PS2, and its valid i will consider and will note what you say.

And...unlike Sony, SE doesnt suck giant monkey schlub

Check it out Nya~! @.@
    貓..貓..Yeh! X3

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit
    Indeed, so you can get over here in Pandy happy happy land. ^__^
    dam you and your tiny print misfit im blind enof as it is with out trying to read your font.......well i suppose i should say something about the update ummm <itches head> ok i compleatly agree with being able to invite ppl into your mh that is something that has botherd me from the very beggining