Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think there should be a sequel?

rumors have it that they were recreating ff9 into a deluxe game for ps2 .. though i think that was JUST a rumor, the rumor had it that the story expanded more into the life of KUJA and that there was an alternate ending... I was hyped about it but eh... I think they might not do that now...

a sequel would actually be really cool.. but it really defeats the FINAL fantasy part... and i think this game really held onto the final thing.

Beatrix's story! That would be cool. Mabey how she became so feared and how here knights are so much better than the knights of pluto. OR mabey a story of her and steiner and they're romance after zidane came back at the end, how cool would that be....no...just me......ok
    Great Idea if you ask me.. maybe like something happens and shes sent to look for some crystal for a summon for dagger and blah di blah she comes across someone trying to revive the powers of the summoners/eidolons. And yah.. i could go on with ideas:P

Basically, when it comes to making a sequel you NEED to have a very good storyline otherwise it's gonna stink. I really don't see what Squenix could do to make a storyline good enough to promote a sequel for IX. Also, with gameplay there's never much need for sequels. If the magic system, battle system etc were all groundbreaking enough that Squenix wanted to use them again, they could easily put it into another game.

Wow! Someone likes my idea! I feel so loved.......

Blog Entries

No way. Square should have learned their lesson with FFX-2.

there was a picture here

No way. Square should have learned their lesson with FFX-2.
    OMG FFX2 rocked! I loved it, the fighting system was amazing and blah.. dont diss on it. :P And actually ffx2 made squaresoft quite a bit of money soo.. if there was a lesson to learn is that it was a good idea!

I don't think there's anything left to go on for a second FFIX after the sheer awesomeness of the original. Making a sequel would really just be wasting it.

Ultimately Ultimate!!!!!! Ultimate99997's Avatar

I don't think that there should be a sequel for many of the various opinions already mentioned above. I also think that the idea of making sequels to final fantasy games and then making the excuse that this happens to give the story of another is something that should never be repeated again. 'Tidus' story' was good but then adding 'Yuna's story' was verging on the border of storyline desperation.
    What will it be next - 'quina's story', 'steiner's story' perhaps even '(SPOILER)ozma's story'
    We should leave each final fantasy world behind and look forward to the next without clinging on to the past games forever.
    sig in development

Quote Originally Posted by Chris
    I would love to see a sequal... (SPOILER)About Quina.

But that'll never happen,

Yes! Maybe show Quina's quest to be the best cook in all of Gaia!

I DO WHAT I WANT. YOU HAVE PROBLEM?

I really don't think the end was open-ended enough for a sequel unlike FF7's and FF10's and like many have said they would probably just ruin a classic. FF9 is my favourite FF of all time and not even I want a sequel to it.

I love FFIX, but I doubt that there will be a sequel. If they do make a sequel, it should be about exploring more into Zidane (SPOILER)being a genome. Like perhaps infinite life? Kuja thought that his life was infinite, but once Zidane got stronger, he was to die. Well, there is no one to take the place of Zidane other than possibly Mikoto, but that was never told much about in the game and they never said Zidane would die once Mikoto got strong enough. Wouldn't he just live forever and out live all of his friends? I think that'd make for one interesting sequel.

how bout Quina's cooking game

Not really, (SPOILER)happily ever after is where it ends for me. But heck, if they made a damn good one then yeah, it;d be great.
    This subliminal message could be meant for YOU. But it's probably not. Move along ;D

It could ruin the whole thing a sequel like ffx-2 which i was dissapointed about. It does have good graphics though. But ff9 could be carried on with aeon like system were you control them. Moving on maybe if they put all the good things out of all the final fantasy games together it could be stunning.
    1.eidlons controlled
    2.a theme park like in ff7
    3. airship systems to loads of countries
    4. a good story like ff9
    5. Overdrives
    6. online
    I am the one and only Dragon choosen by Tidus to help to defeat sin. Used by Freya to destroy the likes of Necron and Kuja.

FFX-2 is the result after a sequel terrible
    I like your idea but i have got to add something to this Dream World.
    Weapons....crosswords, gunblades, staffs, every decent weapon designed on final fantasy. I suppose this going off track talking about designing an ultimate dream world....
    I agree with alot of people that a sequel could kill ff9 or relive ff9. But just think if you could do another story again not nowing what was around the corner.

IMO They Made X 2 Thinkin Moire Bout Money And Stuff
    Dirige Of Cerberus Seems A Nice Sequel For FF VII By Now
    But The Problem Is That FF IX If You Ask Me Is Fine JUST The Way It Is
    I Wouldnt Like To Havge Another FF X-2 Like Problem

^_^