Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm glad you're finally getting a challenge

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rubah
    I'm glad you're finally getting a challenge
    Yes.

I can hardly wait until I'm taking on Shinryuu and Omega though. THEY are going to be a hellish load of trouble!

Blog Entries

I went to that temple-thing in the middle of a bridge. Gargoyles= Mega pushovers. The ninja in the chest called "Invisible" was easy as pie as well. However... some of the random encounters where very tough. Espesially those small wizards that likes to use Level2 Old, Level3 Flare, Level4 Quadra and Level5 Death. However... I didn't have Level3 Flare until now and Level3 Flare is pretty usefull so... they wheren't all that bad after all. Those big birds that you may encounter are extremely annoying because of their extremely high HP. The boss that you fight in the end of the temple, Stalker, is the most annoying boss so far.

Stalker is 4 targets. Only 1 is vurneable at a time and once you hit the vurneable target, it will became invurnable and another of the 4 targets will be vurneable instead. If you attack them with attacks that hits all the targets, then they will all counter with Blaze... which will almost annilate your party. I was extremely close to die once because of that and I had to use an Elexir and a few Pheonix Downs to prevent a Game Over at this boss. All simply because I used an all-targetting attack before I was aware of their counter. However... I got the extremely usefull Blue Magic "Mind Blast" from this battle! While I've forgot many things from when I played the game normally, I still recall dammaging, stunning, and HP-runs-away-effecting powerfull foes with Mind Blast... and for the cheap cost of only 6 MP. This magic is simply awesome.

Then I went to the Fork Tower to get the ultimate black and white spells. Flare and Holy!

I split in 2 groups. Butz and Faris took the right side while Reina and Cara took the left side. Lenna and Cara had to face powerfull encounters that I ran away from most of the times while Faris and Butz blasted away every singel encounter with Mind Blast and Level4 Quadra and a few other Blue Mage spells. Why couldn't Cara and Lenna just do the same? Well... simply because the encounters on the left side are a lot harder than those on the right side and the stunn effect from Mind Blast won't work on the left-siders. I would have had to use My most powerfull Magics and/or Odin and Bahamut to get trough those dudes without having to use up a load of Pheonix Downs, Hi-potions and maybe even a few Elexirs. And I didn't want that... so I just pressed down the good, old run buttons... and used the Exit spell when those didn't work.

The bosses however... where both pushovers. For Minotaur I just used 2 Ninjas. I threw some Shurikens and healed with Hi-potions. In the end of the battle Minotaur tried to use Holy, but failed because of lack of MP. The Omni-something Mage dude was a bit tougher but still very easy. I just used some cool magics, slowed him and hasted myself. In the end he finished off Cara with Flare but Reina was alive and healthy.

Yea, that's how far I've got.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ugh, I remember those things that cast mind blast. although I was more annoyed with the mind blast itself.

Blog Entries

I just went trough the waterfall cave. The most common encounter seemed to be a woman and a toad. If you wait too long, the woman will turn the toad into a Red Dragon! Ouch! However... with 4 Black Mages, those encounter where extremely easy. I just absorbed MP from the woman and then finished off both her and the toad with Flare and Bio.

If you get back-attacked, then you're in trouble... atleast if you're at the same levels as me. A small Bat is capable of dealing 600+ dammage in 1 hit... and my characters have about 900 as Black Mages.

Leviathan was the second thoughest boss so far. I died 4 times on him. Sometimes he does the Tidal Wave move twice in a row... and that means instant-kill to anyone who doesn't have Shell. When I finally beated him on my 5th try, I used 2 BMs and 2 WMs. The White Mages used Shell, Safe and Cure3 while the BMs used Bolt3. Leviathan was much faster than my party tough... and Tidal Wave was a pain.

Oh, yea... and my party level is 30(Reina), 32(Cara) and 33(Butz+Faris).

Blog Entries

Ok, I got all the stone tablets and went to the Cleft of Dimensions.

The last tablet, the one under the sea, wasn't that hard to get. The encounters where no problem and I just had a Geomancer in the party to avoid dammage from the magma. The boss, those 3 annoying things, was very easy... but probably only because I used Carbuncle and Golem. Almost every attack they made was either reflected back at themselves or blocked by Golem. I beat them up with Fire3, Ice3 and Flare and then finished them all off with Bahamut.

Then i went to the Cleft of Dimensions!!! And most encounters did about 500 dammage with a normal attack... when I was standing in the backrow. When I got back-attacked (which happened twice) a normal, phsycical attack did about 1000+ dammage. Scarry... but I managed to get trough it all without having to restart from the latest savepoint even once. The first boss, the one in the forest, was easy as pie. Then I encontered Omega... just for the sake of it (after saving, ofcourse) and my party was wiped out in a few seconds. Hmmm... this will be tough when I do serious atempts later on. Then I killed that Book-Boss that was even easier than the one in the forest. I went to that castle place and encountered an IRON GIGANT! Yes, only 1... and the battle still took like 3-4 mins + it almost wiped out 2 party members. The Monk class is not that usefull anymore, by the way. I've had to rely on magic, Bards and Ninjas lately. I fought the Blue Mage boss and got Big Guard by casting reflect on him. Once I got Big Guard, I just finished him off by using the blue magic "Bombarder" which made him learn it and then use it himself. (Bombarder is a sucide attack).

Well... then I saved at the savepoint that appeard and then I fought Catastroph. I failed once since I got killed by his first move, a powerfull earthquake attack. When I fought him again, I used Float on my party before entering the battle. He used Gravity 100 to take down my party on the ground again, but by recasting float and always keep 1 character in the air(floated), he just used Gravity 100 instead of that Quake attack. He died after a few Flares.

That's how far I've got. I saved at the save point again after beating Catastroph.

My party level is 32(Reina) and 34(everyone else).

Good luck with your continued efforts. I may have to try this the next time I play FFV. Omega, however, is really going to take some thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    Good luck with your continued efforts. I may have to try this the next time I play FFV. Omega, however, is really going to take some thought.
    Thanks. Oh, and Omega... well... the REAL problem is being able to dammage him. There's no X-Fight or Magic Sword to save you this time. You'll probably have to cast Bolt3 on a party member with reflect... however... when I tried that, it only did about 1500 dammage. Shinryuu will probably be an even greater problem because of TIDAL WAVE!

Wow, I didn't even think of that! Without protection from water, even starting the Shinryuu fight seems a bit much. If you can think of a plausible strategy, be sure to post it.

Blog Entries

I've been thinking for a while... and casting Big Guard will make Tidal Wave only do half dammage... but if I remember correctly, Shinryyu always gets the first strike and always uses Tidal Wave before anyone else gets a move... that could be pretty troublesome... but it SHOULD be possible! There HAS to be a way to survive it!

I've been reading up on your challenge, sounds like you're making great progress. I'm very curious to hear about your attempts against Omega and Shinryuu, that will be great if you can manage to beat them like this.

Blog Entries

Yes. When I fought Omega and Ultima Weapon in FFVIII without junctioning and with the crappiest weapons, I almost thought it would be impossible at first... but I still managed to beat them that way. And you, Necro, have also got past almost unbeatable bosses in your FFX challange... so this have to be possible. I really hope Tidal Wave won't be the horrible attack that makes Shinryuu impossible, like Seymours Firaga storm did in your FFX challange. But I'm sure that atleast Omega is possible... even though he may be even whorse than no-materia Ruby Weapon...

However... for now, I'll just finish the game to begin with. I'll need a lot of power leveling and job mastering before even thinking about taking on Omega and Shinryuu.

Blog Entries

I've just finished the game! The level of my party was 34 and 36.

Beating that dude who turns everyone into frogs in the begining of the battle was pice of cake. No strategy was really needed. Just heal with White Mage, Protect with Blue Mage (Mighty Guard) and strike with Flare with Black Mages.

Twin Tania COULD have been a problem... if it wasn't because I used Carbuncle with my summoner. Every time Twin Tania used his Mega Flare, it was just reflected back at himself... doing about 4000-5000 dammage. Another pice of cake battle.

Then I went to the cleft of dimensions. The encounters here are very tough sometimes... but they are far from terrible. I healed my party with potions and ethers before taking on Necrophobe... and changed my party to 3 Summoners and 1 Blue Mage. Those Barrier things can be very dangerous... but I managed to finish them off with a few Bahamuts before they got me caught in a bad situation. When the barrier where gone, I used Golem and Carbunkle to protect myself from just about all Necrobhobes moves. Odin and Mind Blast took care of Necrophobe until Gilgamesh come and saved the day.

I saved at the savepoint and before I went to Ex-Death, I tried out Shinryuu... just... because... I wanted to know if I ever would be able to stand a chanse... and now I'm sure I won't. Shinryuu gets the first move and uses Tidal Wave... and does 8000+ dammage to everyone! Is it even possible to get more than 7000HP in this game? This is scarry...

Oh, well... I fought Ex-Death and it was a pretty tough battle. My party was: Butz as Blue Mage, Reina and Cara as Summoners and Faris as Time Mage. The first part was pretty easy. Mighty Guard + Haste2 + Golem + Reflect + Being able to heal with Hi-Potions and White Wind was a pretty good combination. However... there's 2 attacks that I had to watch out for. Meteo and White Hole. Meteo basically killed 2 party members and White Hole... kills and petifies 1 party member. I attacked with Odin, Mind Blast and Meteo. Neo Ex-Death was much tougher. I had to have Mighty Guard, Golem and Reflect on my party all the time to be able to survive. Wacum Wave kills part members if Golem don't protect them, Fire3, Ice3 and Bolt3 kills my party if I don't have reflect... and that weird attack called Allmast or something like that is an instant game over attack if I don't have Shell on my party... since it does a little more dammage than the max HP of my characters. I had to heal with Elexirs and White Wind. And even if I had my party protected... Grand Cross could still ruin everything! It only happened twice tough. I had to restart this battle 3 times before I beated Neo Ex-Death on my 4th try. Bahamut was my most powerfull move against Neo Ex-Death (I refused to use Gil Toss) and it was almost the only offensive move I ever used trough the whole battle. Meteo wasn't that effective and the Blue Mage only had level3 Flare which only worked on 1 of all the targets. The Blue Mage and Time Mage was better as healers and supporters. It was Bahamut that saved the day!

So... I've finally finished the FFV challange... but I still have an Omega and Shinryuu to deal with!

Congratulations!

Blog Entries

Thanks. It feels like this challange was a little too easy though. But Omega and Shinryuu will be a big problem. Shinryuu might not even be possible... and if Shinryuu IS possible, then I guess I'll have to be at level99 or something. I'll have to level up alot...