Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And now... the FFV challange!

congrats, the only way i could think of getting enough hp to survive tidal wave is to have lvl 99 chars as monks.
    I myself, I´m leveling up for the final boss of world 2

Ultima Shadow.. that is amazing! I had a lot of trouble beating Ex-Death.. on a normal playthrough And I was at higher levels. Maybe I just don't know the good strategies or something? I need a mentor!

Anyway, you said yourself that it was pretty tough at certain battles, but it looks like a lot of other really useful abilities saved your butt in other situations, so it made the battles easier.

Congratulations! I don't know HOW the heck you will beat Omega and Shinryuu, but I will be really impressed if you do. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    Ultima Shadow.. that is amazing! I had a lot of trouble beating Ex-Death.. on a normal playthrough
    For exdeath, use 3 or 4 gil tosses. for neo exdeath, use 4 gil tosses.

I advanced to the dyramid, my party lvl is currently 28 and lenna is at lvl 27. Exdeath at the end of world 2 was the most diffuclt boss so far. Had Lenna as time mage, Butz and Cara as black mages and Faris as white mage. at the start of battle, I used Cara to cast haste2. butz and lenna was only doing bolt3, fire3 and ice3. Faris casted wall and image on everyone, cara casted float on everyone, then slowed exdeath. Exdeath´s only attack that hit me, was bolt 3 before i had putted wall on everyone, so lenna and butz died. i revived them and started the magic hacking again. finally exdeath used ice3 to lenna, got reflected back to him and he died.. :rolleyes2

Well maybe he wasn´t hard, he was time consuming. still the hardest fight i´ve had.

I always avoided Gil Toss because I felt so incredibly cheap using it, nd I didn't want to depend on it.. so good chance I've never tried it on Ex-death either .

When I get a little more free-time (I always say that ) I might replay FFV, and then maybe the third playthrough I'll try a challenge, but that will be a long long time considering I usually wait a while between playthroughs, so I'll have to sit this one out for now.

the omega/shiryuu battles may be impossible, but if they are possible with no equipment/second abilities, that would be pretty damn amazing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gwelenguchenkus
    I always avoided Gil Toss because I felt so incredibly cheap using it, nd I didn't want to depend on it.. so good chance I've never tried it on Ex-death either .
    Same here. That's why I used Bahamut instead. On my normal playtrough I just slashed away with whatever I got.

KuRt... you're leveling up WAAAAY too much. Really... you don't need to power level at all to complete the challange.

I just did some calculations, and all might not yet be lost! According to J.L. Tseng's algorithm FAQ on GameFAQs, in FFV, the base HP at level 99 is 3950. With the monk's 50 vitality bonus, that means a level 99 monk should have, as I calculated, around 9899 HP. If said formulae are accurate, then you might be able to survive Tidal Wave after all!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by masamune1600
    I just did some calculations, and all might not yet be lost! According to J.L. Tseng's algorithm FAQ on GameFAQs, in FFV, the base HP at level 99 is 3950. With the monk's 50 vitality bonus, that means a level 99 monk should have, as I calculated, around 9899 HP. If said formulae are accurate, then you might be able to survive Tidal Wave after all!
    Great! I'm very gratefull for giving me that info.

Oh, and KuRt... keep us updated. It's always nice to hear how you're doing + it will keep the tread alive for longer.

I just realized I didn't include innate character statistics in my calculations, so Bartz, Reina, and Faris should all actually reach 9999. Krile stays at 9899 using Monk as a job, since she has no inherent vitality bonus.

Continued good luck!

Blog Entries

Thanks for that info!

I'm currently mastering classes. I just want to do that before I start powerleveling. My current average level is 40 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Shadow
    Oh, and KuRt... keep us updated. It's always nice to hear how you're doing + it will keep the tread alive for longer.
    Thx! So..

Ok, so i got the stone tablet from bottom of the ocean, got phoenix and next I´m ging to hack bahamut. With time mage, 2 black mages and a white mage I´m unstoppable.
    Oh yeah, also should go get odin, tough i dunno can i beat him with those in one minute. Think i have to collect some money from statues at Odin´s place and buy a couple pinwheels to throw him off.
    So, just wapping around. Think I´ll go get Syldra now, collect money, beat bahamut, beat odin, get the last stone tablet, go beat the crap out of exdeath.
    But I´m going to have another savestate that I´ll try to beat omega and shinryuu. Shinryuu might be little tougher than Omega, but omega is still hard, beause with no equipments, cant use any fire resistance items.. U know, atomic ray...

AND I HAVEN´T USED GILTOSS!!

I tought of doing some kind off ff4 challenge after this, then maybe ff7

Updtes, updates.

I killed odin wiht a 1 time mage and 3 ninjas party. Hasted myself and pinwheeled odin in 20 secs. After that i went to the pirates hideout and got syldra. Oh! also went to get the magic lamp

And then there were Bahamut. Tried him a couple times unti l i died in mega flare every time, no matter did i have shell, or no. I tried many ways like black mages and a time mage, time mage, 2xblackmage and a white mage, nothing seemed to work. Then i used a time mage and thee summernerds (summoners ). Battle started, time mage casted haste 2. The rest of the battle was very simple. Summoners used odin, time mage meteo and Bahamut attacked a couple times, but no one even died.

Went for the fourth stone tablet, And currently I´m battling Leviathan. the battle is real hard. the only way to survie from tidal wave is to have shell on. I have 2 white mages and 2 black mages, so i could get the shells on more quickly. But still, it allways goes like this: Battle starts, Lenna casts shell on herself. Butz casts bolt3 on leviathan. Leviathan uses tidal wave. Everyone else except Lenna dies. Leviathan does a normal attack on Lenna. GAME OVER.

So, it seems like lvl 31 lenna and 33 others is not enough..

Blog Entries

But it IS enough! I did it at much lower levels so it really is possible. You should try to get Shell on the whole party before attacking. But yes... Leviathan is 1 of the few tough battles. Oh, and I think that Omega actually MAY be harder than Shinryuu as long as you survive Tidal Wave without too much trouble. It's simply because it's much easier to dammage Shinryuu than Omega. Omega is a PAIN when it comes to attacking him. His defence is probably the greatest problem.

I dunno, tou maybe right, Leviathan just does the tidal wave just after i got shell on 1 party member..

But also tou survive from shinryuu´s tidal wave by having lvl 99 monks. Currently, I see monks are useless. But maybe in lvl 99 they´ll kick shinryuus sorry butt. maybe.

Still trying on leviathan!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KuRt
    But also tou survive from shinryuu´s tidal wave by having lvl 99 monks. Currently, I see monks are useless. But maybe in lvl 99 they´ll kick shinryuus sorry butt. maybe.
    Yes... I'm afraid that Monks won't be all that effective on Shinryuu... therefore I guess I should just have about 2 Monks and then have them revive the other 2 party members after Tidal Wave. I don't think 4 Monks stand a chanse against Shinryuu even at level 90+.

Oh, and you said that you could do 1 Shell and 1 Bolt3, right? Then maybe you should change the BM who used Bolt3 to a WM instead. That may make you able to cast atleast 2 Shells before Tidal Wave.

Yeah, well I found that having 3 ninjas and 1 time mage would do the battle if i had 3 pinwheels more. haste 2 and pinwheels are kinda effective.

So I´m collecting money in "lake of no exp" (at least i like to call it that way) The lake near the waterfall where is leviathan (just fly your airship in the lake). Anyways, there are much of battles where there are 3 sea devils, wich tou can just use Odin to, and tou get 9000 gil and 6 Abp, or there maybe also 2 seadevils and one giant bird. Odin in this battle does only gungnir, so using shoat 3 times causes very easy victory with gaining 11000 gil and 13 Abp , only thing is, tou cant get any exp from these battles.

Hint for all who didn´t know the place!!

Edit: Hahahahhaaha! looks like leviathan could not handle haste 2, 9 pinwheels and a meteo without dying. SHE DIDN´T EVEN HAVE TIME TO USE THE FRIKIN´ TIDAL WAVE!!
    Last edited by KuRt; 04-07-2005 at 08:16 PM.