Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And now... the FFV challange!

Have you mastered all the jobs yet, Ultima?

Blog Entries

Not all jobs with all the characters, but most of them. I'll stick to leveling though. Man, leveling in FFV is such a h-e-l-l! :yuck:

Blog Entries

Ok, I've finally decided to take on Shinryuu. Only Faris and Butz are at high enough levels to survive Tidal Wave though. I killed Cara and Lenna in order to gain twice as much EXP for Faris and Butz. I just couldn't stand the slow leveling.

Anywaw... I have NOT been able to defeat SHinryuu yet though. Shinryuu has proven to bee much more dangerous than Omega...

Good to see an update, though.

Blog Entries

Yea. It took a very long time before I could update and say something else than my current level. I've stoped leveling now, though. And I'll keep trying to beat Shinryuu. The biggest problem is Shinryuu's crazy speed and that he/she may attack twice in a singel turn. Maelstorm + Automic Ray is not a combo that you want to be hit by. Also... that SHinryuu may use Mighty Guard makes the battle much tougher.

Wow.. You're crazy!

What jobs are you using right now?

Blog Entries

The Blue mage is a MUST HAVE because of Mighty Guard but I still need to have 2 characters as monks or bare class... so I'll only be able to have 1 singel attacker... and that would probably be a Ninja. However... I think I'll have to level ALL the characters to 98 (not 99 because of Level3 Flare). Seriously... I really underrated Shinryuu. I can't belive I actually thought Omega would be harder. 50% of the times I try this battle, it usually goes like this: Tidal Wave kills Cara and Reina, Butz and Faris are alive with very, very low HP. Faris and Butz heals themselves with Elexirs, Shinryuu attacks about 3 times before I get a move and usually finishes me off before I even get a chanse to revive Cara and Reina. If I revive Cara and Reina instead of using Elexirs, I usually gets finished off by Shinryuus next move which probably is Thunder (not the weak magic), Atomic Ray or Snow Storm (I HATE snowstorm!). Even though Shinryuu have a lot of different moves, only Level2 Old, Level3 Flare and Might Guard are the only moves that won't do a LARGE amount of dammage or KO a character. And since Shinryuu is fast as crap, it's no easy task. I'm not even sure if it's possible to do this at my current levels. Really... it's almost impossible to survive more than 4 of Shinryuus attacks. A big problem is that a Blue Mage don't have enough HP to even be able to survive Tidal Wave. If I could make a Blue Mage survive Tidal Wave, it wouldn't even be close to as hard as it currently is... however... now that's just impossible so... I'll have to come up with something else. Another even bigger problem is that I'll need 2 bare classes and 1 Blue Mage to even have a chanse to survive... which means I'll be very weak when it comes to offense. Man, this is a VERY tough battle. I'll actually go back to leveling for a while.

Blog Entries

Ok, I still haven't been able to beat Shinryuu. Seriously... this is probably the most insane battle I've ever fought... or something like that. But it seems like I'll need to have a Ninjaless party. In this battle you'll need all kinds of defense aviable... so I guess a Blue Mage, Summoner and 2 bareclass party will be a pretty good choise. Simply because Carbunkle (reflect) makes Atomic Ray get reflcted back at SHinryuu instead for dammaging your party and Golem will block and phsycical dammage. Mighty Guard is simply a good defense against almost all of Shinryuus attacks + White Wind is a great way to heal your characters. I'll have to stock up on Elexirs as well. I'll probably need atleast 50. Yes... I'm serious. ATLEAST 50 Elexirs.

I'll be very weak on the offensive side... but such is life. I will probably not live for long if I have a Ninja instead. Still... Shinryuu is an insane killing machine and surviving is extremely hard. Shinryuu is more than twice as fast as your characters and may attack twice in a singel turn. Really... you don't want to be hit by Maelstorm and then, before you get a move, Snowstorm or Atomic Ray... or even Thunder or Poison Breath for that matter. Man, you actually don't want to get hit at all directly after a Maelstorm.

I don't remember if you HAVE to attack with a character in FFV or not. In many of the FF games you can skip a persons turn and go directly to the next characters turn. However, the character still has a full ATB gauge so if you never attack and only skip with one character, you can have your turn ready whenever Shinryuu attacks. If that character is a healer, you can heal immediately after an attack. If possible, I recommend trying that.

Blog Entries

Well... I don't think it's possible to do that in FFV. It's sad because it would really have been useful some times. However... in this battle you'll have to heal just about every turn you get with a healer (bare class or blue mage). That's why you'll need all thos elexirs. I still haven't reached level 98 with all the characters yet... but now I'm almost sure that I won't stand a chanse at all until I've got all my characters at that level. Really... this battle is whorse than no materia Ruby Weapon and no stats junctioning Omega Weapon.

I would suggest only going up to Level 97. At Level 98 (or any even level, really), Level 2 Old will be able to hit. This could really prove debilitating as the fight progresses, and you're clearly planning a protracted battle. Level 99, as you've already said, is out of the question thanks to Level 3 Flare.

Blog Entries

Yes, thanks for reminding me. I completely forgot about level 2 Old. That would completely ruin my offensive side.

Yeah I started playing again for a while and killed exdeath blah blah blah..

Oh! and about that lvl2 old would have also lowered tou characters´ speed so Shinryuu might have gotten about 4 attacks before tou..

Blog Entries

Finally... I'm almost at level 97!!! Soon I'll be fighting Shinryuu again...