Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: And now... the FFV challange!

Blog Entries

And now... the FFV challange!

Before I start... I just want to warn you that there may be spoilers ahead in this tread. That's all, have a nice day.

It has been a while since I last made my own FF challange and posted it here. But now I've come up with a new, cool and completely orginal FFV challange!

It's really sad that this game is so underrated and probably one of the least played FFs. The FFV forum is also pretty dead compared to the other forums... and that's really a shame! Hopefully, more people will discover FFVs greatness and discuss this game a bit more in the near future.

Now... on to the actuall challange. For those who wants to experience this great game once again but in a harder and more challanging way... here's the FFV Challange!!!

The rules are much more simple than in, for example, my old and awesome FFVIII challange. The rules are:

1) Unequipp all your characters and NEVER equip them again. No armours, no weapons and no relics trough the whole game. The knight class will be much less usefull and the Monk class will kick ass (compared to most of the other classes) but magic will also play an alot greater role than before.

2) The "ability" command in the menu that allows you to equip 2 special abilities to your characters is not allowed to be used trough the whole game. Thanks to the ability thing, you're allowed to have a knight equiped with black mage spells etc. However... since it's not allowed you'll have to be a black mage to use black magic, be a blue mage to be able to use blue magic etc. Also, you won't be able to equip abilities like Gil Toss and X-Fight.

I've just started the challange myself. I'll update as I advance. Good luck to anyone else who wants to try this.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-09-2005 at 07:10 PM.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I predict dancers might make a great appearance.

I might have wanted to join in if I hadn't already got a game I'm working on halfway through

Blog Entries

Yup. You may have to rely alot on dancers and mages.

Oh, well...

Final Fantasy V was, unfortuntely, my least favorite game in the series so I won't be following you through on this one, but I'll definately be keeping up on your progress.

lomas de chapultepec Recognized Member eestlinc's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    Final Fantasy V was, unfortuntely, my least favorite game in the series so I won't be following you through on this one, but I'll definately be keeping up on your progress.
    FFV is my favorite game in the series but I doubt I'll be following this one either, although I wish you luck.

Well look who it is....its my old nemisis Ultima Shadow..muahaha...er well im gonna also agree that ffV is COMPLETELY underrated and i respect this little challenge of yours and am here to say that im with ya all the way

who knows i may even try this challenge my self...(I LOVE CHALLENGES and i hate wasting things! ((such as magic)) so this is perfect! taking full advantange of a great game...ingenious)

yes this challenge is most intriguing. however, i will not be joining this challenge, as i dont even have the skills to beat the game proper (i got to like N-Zone and then my characters sucked to much to continue) but once i beat the game regularly i think ill have a go at this.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Necronopticous
    That's sad... because I, myself, loves this game with all my heart. In summer I'll get alot more free time... I guess I'll come up with a whole bunch of new challanges in different FFs then. Hope you'll join on a few of those then. However... there's a long time to wait before it's summer. But whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monol
    Well look who it is....its my old nemisis Ultima Shadow..muahaha...er well im gonna also agree that ffV is COMPLETELY underrated and i respect this little challenge of yours and am here to say that im with ya all the way

who knows i may even try this challenge my self...(I LOVE CHALLENGES and i hate wasting things! ((such as magic)) so this is perfect! taking full advantange of a great game...ingenious)

If you'll try it out, then tell me.

I'm currently in the small town in the very begining of the game since I just started the challange yesterday... and I didn't get much time yesterday... but I'll edit this post soon and update the situation.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-08-2005 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries

I truly hope you make it... as for myself (SPOILER)I'M JUST TOO DAMN LAZY TO DO IT MYSELF ;_;

But I'll be following your progress!

Blog Entries

Ok, I've defeated Siren and my save file is currently on the world map shortly after. So far it's easy as pie since there hasn't been any need for good equipment yet. But that's the way it works in no-equipment challanges. The futher you get, the more powerfull equipment is required. Almost no abilities have been learned so far either, so that's a later-game problem as well. The hardest fight so far was the first boss battle since the classes weren't allowed at that point but it was still pice of cake, first try win, no problem at all. Hopefully it won't take too long before it gets intressting...

Blog Entries

Yea, I know this is an double post but it's just to keep this tread alive.

Still haven't got too much time but yea, yea... whatever.
    I've just defeated Garula. Garula is the first battle to be a bit tricky. His average phsycical attack takes away about 130+HP... and my monks only have about 210 and my white mages about 160. However... it's still not all that hard. This is the first battle where I had to spend a Pheonix Down.
    The mountain part was very easy and the boss was pretty much a pushover as well. The dude could do about 50% of my characters HP in dammage with a normal hit and the girl used Ice which did some dammage as well but that battle was really no problem. About as easy as Siren. Garula however, required a second try.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-09-2005 at 07:41 PM.

Blog Entries

Ok, I've just escaped the castle with the fire crystal. The Fire Boss was no problem either, even though Fire2 was an instant kill, thanks to the Monks counter-attack. Enemies are getting thougher and the defense of the party members is nothing but crappy. When I've finished the game, I'll also try to take on Omega and Shinryuu this way.

Edit: I went to the library... and Ifrit was a push over. I just had everyone as Black Mages and used Ice2 4 times.
    Byblos, the book boss, could kill my whole party in 2 moves but since he's weak to fire he went down pretty fast himself since everyone where black mages. Fire2 made short work of the book dude.
    Last edited by Ultima Shadow; 03-10-2005 at 08:11 PM.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

! I'll try this sometime!
    and (SPOILER)spoons are teh graetest!

4444444444 4 4 444 44 4

Blog Entries

Ok, I've just got the airship.
    Everything went alright until the part where I tried to get Aqua Rake from that Chimera. It took me 2 tries before it went like it should. Everyone but Reina where Ninjas and threw Mythril Swords from the backrow. I had to hit it 2 times, wait until it almost killed my party with Aqua Rake, and then throw a 3th Mythril Sword to finish it off. The Sand Worm dies in 1 singel hit from Aqua Rake, but even without Aqua Rake it's not much to fear. The random encounters are getting a bit tougher.

hey i will try this is very hard at the first boss though so i have to keep leveling