Thread: Ah, weather!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Ah, weather!

When I was coming home early from school today, I got attacked by lots of hail. I don't remember seeing hail falling, or at least being hit by it, ever in my life, so it was really weird.

What's the weirdest weather you've experienced?

Another really weird time was when I was about 8. We were looking through the town I now live in, looking for houses to move to. I lived in Queens at the time and my parents decided to move. Anyway, there was so much rain outside that it looks like a pond. We actually passed by a pond, and it was overflowing so much that the benches were half-way submursed. That was pretty unusual.
    Last edited by Rye; 03-08-2005 at 10:16 PM.

It raining on one side of the road and not the other. and a lake overflooded and like cover a park and a baseball feild and every thing in that general area was covered but the roofs. and driving through a small tornado

the ice storm in georgia a few years past. very odd....

This sig is by -apollo-! behold his power!!!!
    -Apollo- is awesome!!!!!!!XD

once it rained for 12 or so hours and it flooded everything, and it washed away bridges, then there was the ice storm a coupla years ago, it caused a power outage that lasted a week

This place constantly defies all logic of weather patterns. As I was going to class it was partly cloudy and somewhere around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and all around a good day. When I got out of my class 50 minutes later, it was an all out blizzard and visibility was down to a couple hundred yards. Now there's not a cloud in the sky and it's all warm and everything again.

Quote Originally Posted by Squall04
    This place constantly defies all logic of weather patterns. As I was going to class it was partly cloudy and somewhere around 60 degrees Fahrenheit, and all around a good day. When I got out of my class 50 minutes later, it was an all out blizzard and visibility was down to a couple hundred yards. Now there's not a cloud in the sky and it's all warm and everything again.
    sounds like Canadian weather(i know it says Colorado in your location)

Tropical Storm Allison

I live in Houston, which was flooded by Allison. First of all, all the meteorologists were saying it was going to come up and around us. But Allison came straight to the Houston, and then just stopped. It just sits over us for a while. Then it starts to move east. As it is just about to leave Houston, Allison decided it missed Houston so it started to move west and came back, and it stayed for another while. The first time it saturated the ground entirely, the second time it flooded the hell out of Houston.

And it snowed this Christmas Eve in Houston, it NEVER snows in Houston, especially not in December.

Once I was walking to the train station on my way home from school and got soaked to the loins by a pretty hardcore rain shower. When I was on the train, as the journey progressed (very short - 3 stops, 6 minutes) the weather gradually changed from gloomy, to beautifully fresh and sunny. I got off at the stop of my town, and everything was dry as anything, with the sun shining brightly, with evidently no rain! I must've looked pretty strange walking home, squelching away, while everyone else was dry as anything
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

This thread has the potential for hilarity

During my tenure at high school, I was waiting for the bus one day, and I guess the nice friendly raincloud (rainecloud?) was flying down the street towards me, because I looked down the street and people went 'ahhh!' in a stream towards me, all cowering. Then suddenly I was bombarded with a torrent of rain, just like that. No transition.

Weee!

i was in a hurricane when i was younger. in the UK theres never really hurricanes. so to be in one on the UK is pretty weird!

once it was raining so hard yet the sky was this beautiful blue coulor. it was so pretty. pity i was soaked to the bone!

Trust No one

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love rainstorms. As long as I'm safe and warm inside ^_^ I love just watching them... it's just so <i>awesome</i>, y'know?

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

well i live in florida, so i see some weird stuff. one time it was raining heavly, yet it was a bright and sunny day. so we got our wake boards and got pulled on our wake boards by a lifted truck on the streets cause it was flooded...... that was pretty fun.
    SIg removed for exceeding 250 pixel height

yeah i love em too but i like to be in them under an umbrella or something looking out in to the rain
    i'm gonna shine untill my heart stops

There is no weird weather in San Diego, just sun. And occasionally some rain. *shrug*

I'm sick of the winter weather. And living in Western Pennsylvania doesn't help.

Not the strangest, but it's still in my brain:

Yesterday, it was almost 70°F, today it was 10°F. They're screwing with me.
    --It's me!--