who here likes ygo?

my arvatars!

me, but it can drag and seto kaiba is so the cutest
    i'm gonna shine untill my heart stops

Lumberjack Recognized Member RSL's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

A dilemna for me. Is this a game or a show? I'm going to guess randomly and move it to that forum.

for the love of- yu gi oh this, yu gi oh that. the world has to realize yu gi oh is a game with flaws, and lots of them. first of all. in this game, there is such a thing as an ultimate deck. you can fill your deck with kill spells pump ups and a complete abomanation of creatures, and not to mention exodia. that means that there is no real stratagy. all you need is some simple math skills and thats it. "my creature is stronger than yours so it kills it, and whatever damage isn't blocked goes to you." simple subtraction people.

a game like Magic the gathering on the other hand has few flaws. first, the game is not based on creatures alone, so you can actually make a deck without creatures in it, an unthinkable concept in every single other tcg out there. second, the game is based on strategy completely, there is no ultimate deck, you can always build a deck meant to destroy another, no single deck is an unbeatable force. third, magic is one of (if not is) the only game that has counterspells in it. if an opponant plays a card you don't like, you don't have to put up with it being in play or even being played at all. fourth the creatures there are have throngs of different aplicable abilities. abilities that make it so other creatures can't block, abilities that add stats to all other creatures of a certain type. i can go on for hours. and if you want me to, say the word, and i will continue in a second flat. i'm not flaming or anything, but yu gi oh is a kids game, and its getting on my nerves that that's all anyone ever talks about. not even pokemon was this bad, and pokemon has more than yu gi oh.

Being wise comes in two parts: 1) having a lot to say and 2) not saying it.

Thanks to Starry Relm and Sphere for the Sig and Avatar (in their respecive order)

i like you your funny when you are mad :laughing:
    i'm gonna shine untill my heart stops

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yu-gi-oh! is pretty childish, so I'm not too into it.

And as far as Magic: the Gathering is concerned, while an excellent game, it cannot beat the greatness that is Legend of the Five Rings, which many Magic players have problems grasping.

Quote Originally Posted by Behold the Void
    Yu-gi-oh! is pretty childish, so I'm not too into it.

And as far as Magic: the Gathering is concerned, while an excellent game, it cannot beat the greatness that is Legend of the Five Rings, which many Magic players have problems grasping.
    I'm with you on that comment.Except I really kinda grew out of card games.I wonder if they'll make anime of the game Chess.Man it would be hilarious.Telling each other the moves they will make and dragging out each chess match for 5 episodes.

Friendship *is* magic. MJN SEIFER's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't know what anoys me more about this show: That it ripped of a show I like/Liked called "Duel Masters" or the fact people think it was the other way round!