Thread: The biggest WWE stars.

Default The biggest WWE stars.

In terms of size. Not star power.

Besides, Andre The Giant had both. Probably the most recognizable face in all of WWWF/WWF/WWE history.

Anyways, this is primarily for the big athletes in WWE. Like Andre The Giant, The Big Show, and Giant Gonzales.

I always liked GG's character, but gawd...he was such a horrible wrestler. Allegedly 8' tall(actually 7'4", NOT 7'6" like some would want you to believe), he was the tallest WWE wrestler(ATG was around 7'2" as I recall, not 7'4" or 7'5").

It's amazing seeing the match between the Undertaker and Giant Gonzales. The UT is around 6'7"(no way he's 6'10", not when 6'5" The Rock can almost look him eye to eye) and seeing him next to GG was like...woah.

TBS should be a little more athletic. I hope he continues to use that torpedo he used against Orlando Jordan a few weeks back. But he's probably not big enough to really be remembered like ATG or GG down the line, despite having the WWE title more than GG ever did. I think TBS is more like 6'11" or even 6'10", I think he said that on Conan O'Brien's show or something...no way he's 7'2". But eh.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The Big Show used to be really good, but then he just got lazy and used headbutt's and big boots to win matches. Giant Gonzales really was probably the worst wrestler ever, actually, second to Scott Steiner. (Why? WHY?)

I Think Undertaker and Kane are probably the best BIG guys who can actually wrestle well, but Kane more so than 'taker now he's getting older.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hoo, here we go:

Giant Gonzales: An ex-basketball player who Vince McMahon saw some potential in. Goodness knows why, as he'd never had any good matches in his entire professional wrestling career before signing with the WWF. Gonzales was kitted out with a ridiculous looking body suit, which masked his rather average physique, and was then thrown head first into a feud with the Undertaker. After boring crowds to death at house shows around the country, Gonzales was penned to face 'Taker at Wrestlemania IX. Gonzales left the WWF after staring at the lights for Mean Mark, and he was never seen in professional wrestling again (thank goodness).

Leon 'Vader' White: Vader was (and still is) one of the greatest big men workers in the business, and he's had great matches with almost everyone on the WWF roster. Although his WWF tenure got off to a good start, Vader eventually ruined his hard man reputation by laying down numerous times for The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Psycho Sid, and later, Bradshaw. Vader then resurrected his career in Japan and continued to do what he does best. Although Vader was big, he wasn't muscular, he was just fat, and that's what landed him in hot water with the WWF. If Vader would have gained some muscle and lost some weight, perhaps they would have given him the Championship once or twice. Then again, maybe Shawn Michaels would have laid down for Jeff Jarrett at Wrestlemania. Hah.

Andre The Giant: An amazing specimen. Standing in at close to 7 feet tall, Andre wowed crowds the world over. Unfortunately, by the time the WWF hired him, his health had deteriorated badly, and his performances were a shadow of his former self. Although his match against Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania III drew one of the largest crowds in wrestling history, and set a new standard for box office pay per view buys, the action sucked. However, Andre continued to wrestle for the WWF for many years, and continued to entertain the fans with his charisma and presence.

The Big Show: Paul Wight was a monster in WCW, and he even managed to win the WCW World Heavyweight Championship in his first pro-match! That's a lot to live up to. Wight could also execute amazing moves when you take into account his phenomenal size. Heck, the man could even perform a moonsault from the tope rope (although nobody was ever dumb enough to lay down and take that one)! After enjoying moderate success in WCW, Vince McMahon let TBS know that a massive offer was waiting for him in the Federation. After his WCW contract expired, Wight left for the WWF and made an immediate impact. Unfortunately, Wight's documented junk food addictions and lazy attitude caused his matches to suck badly, and the result of all that junk food is the lazy, fat Big Show that stands before you today. Having said that, TBS has had some fairly decent matches with the top stars this year. Who knows what's in store for Mr. Show in the future.

I'll add some more comments at a later date.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

Andre The Giant was a remarkably gentle person, from what I read about him as well, and was great in "The Princess Bride". He seemed like some sort of Mythic being more so than man.

Take care all.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't really like the big guys that much. Taker and Kane were great back in the day, but now they are shadows of their former selves. I only like the Big Show when he acts like a goofus.

I much prefer the mid sized wrestlers, and the cruiserweights. Man, those guys are crazy.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

The cruiserweight division in the WWE sucks though. If Vince hired the cruisers from WCW like Juventud Guerrera and La Parka and Vampiro (legend), and the rest of them, then it could be amazing, but at the moment it's not. Apparently Vince prefers watching big guys wrestle, so thats probably not going to happen. Big Show had some awesome matches with Brock Lesnar, but that's because a.) Lesnar is the only person who could pick him up and throw him around and b.) because Lesnar carried Show through the matches.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I agree that the WWE's cruiserweight division is pathetic. WWE has always been about the big guys. Back in the day the cruiserweights were the best thing about Nitro. Those four way matches that were always in the first hour kicked ass.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum