Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Light My Fire"

Except for relieveing stress, wanting to go to an early grave, and making bad *druggy* friends...are there any other upsides to smoking? Is it worth going through all that aggravation?
    "Feed me."

Quote Originally Posted by T-MaN
    Except for relieveing stress, wanting to go to an early grave, and making bad *druggy* friends...are there any other upsides to smoking? Is it worth going through all that aggravation?
    Not all people who do drugs are inherently bad. That's kind of an archaic viewpoint. Me and my friends smoke weed and do shrooms on occasion, but we're still good people.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I don't smoke, and I don't like hanging around with people who do smoke.

Nothing personal, I just value my own health. It's a shame people are so addicted to cigarettes, and I do feel sorry for them. Steps are being taken in my country to completely eliminate smoking from all public areas. This will hopefully become a reality in the near future, as I'm sick of breathing in other people's death gas at the bus stop.
    "As the days go by, we face the increasing inevitability that we are alone in a godless,
    uninhabited, hostile and meaningless universe. Still, you've got to laugh, haven't you?"

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rainecloud
    I don't smoke, and I don't like hanging around with people who do smoke.

Nothing personal, I just value my own health. It's a shame people are so addicted to cigarettes, and I do feel sorry for them. Steps are being taken in my country to completely eliminate smoking from all public areas. This will hopefully become a reality in the near future, as I'm sick of breathing in other people's death gas at the bus stop.
    Yeah, I think NY has banned people from smoking in any public buildings. I like that idea a lot. People can smoke and bring themselves to an early grave, but bringing other smoke free people with them is not good at all.

My brother's uncle's roommate's father's dog trainer dies because he was somking when he got hit by a bus and I like to beathe clean air and I like to feel superior to all smokers and I especially like to tell every smoker I see how it's going to kill them eventually, y'know, in case they haven't heard that fact a thousand times before, and I value my health and other such crap and I won't even go within a ten foot radius of smokers, but I want to live thankyouverymuch and I realize I could have just said "No, I don't smoke" but I felt that a really long lecture to make you regret smoking/making this thread was more necessary because as a non-smoker it is my inherit duty to make everyone with a cigarette feel like a diseased rodent.

SEXY McAWESOME TO YOU, MISTER

Nopey
    [center] I Painted My Own Mona Lisa
    She's Fixed Everything
    Now I'm Spoilt Beyond My Wildest Dreams
    [center]

FFXIV Character

Linkle Grey (Sargatanas)

i dont smoke, im underage, but i see people my age smoking, and it disturbs me, This lad walked past me in class and he stank of smoke.. and there 12-13.
    Im not going to smoke,ever. Ive watched my Grandma die from smoking, its pointless.

camel filter are the best kind of cigarrette and to meat puppet what you seid is like me saying dont read in the dark because you will hert your eyes.

dont judge untill you try

[leeza]Do not double post. Use the edit/delete button. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff
    My brother's uncle's roommate's father's dog trainer dies because he was somking when he got hit by a bus and I like to beathe clean air and I like to feel superior to all smokers and I especially like to tell every smoker I see how it's going to kill them eventually, y'know, in case they haven't heard that fact a thousand times before, and I value my health and other such crap and I won't even go within a ten foot radius of smokers, but I want to live thankyouverymuch and I realize I could have just said "No, I don't smoke" but I felt that a really long lecture to make you regret smoking/making this thread was more necessary because as a non-smoker it is my inherit duty to make everyone with a cigarette feel like a diseased rodent.

Ummm mission accomplished?

I only hold it against people who take it up just to say they do. I dont plan on starting.

Quote Originally Posted by mateoff8
    dont judge untill you try
    Have you ever jumped from a 36th story window? Easy to judge that as bad without trying it.

Having never done it, you still know it would harm you, and it's not something you want to do based on research done officially, and the generally declining health of those who smoke. There isn't any real reason for smoking in itself. People who start smoking gain a reason to do so, and therefore, they do. They like doing it. Just like people who have never [insert enjoyable action] don't feel the need to [insert enjoyable action]. Example: A good video game. Let's say, I've never played Everquest. There are those who never stop playing it. Yet to those who don't play it, they think it is silly, and simply consumes your life. Same for smoking. People who haven't smoked look at it as an annoyance, and those who do smoke think there is nothing wrong.

In this case, I happen to be on the side of those who don't smoke. I can't say I've tried it, but I've always been exposed to it. Both my parents are chain smokers. I see no joy in it, and I see no benefit in it, therefore, I'm content with not doing it.
    --It's me!--

you dont know if you will like untill you try it. for those 5 seconds that your in the air it might be really fun just that will kill you way faster than smoking.

i get into games so much that i have to have a smoke when i play Example: play silent hill 3 scared me. so i had to have a smoke and go take some zanex and the other part of my time i am working on music and thats really stresful but i love doing it when i go to a party and i get a little drity with the other girls i have to have smoke after because i just work so hard to do the best i can. (READ MY SIGNATURE).

[leeza]Do Not Double Post. ~ Leeza[/leeza]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mateoff8
    you dont know if you will like untill you try it.
    Well... if you get sick by feeling the smell of smoke and can't stand being around smokers just because they smell like crapp all the time... then I think you're able to judge without trying it.

good point and if you can stay away from smoking when you have smoked before than you have good self controll and more power to ya.

Blog Entries

I'll never even try. It would just make me throw up all day.